Page 362 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    For me it’s not about popularity, it’s more about the implications of T’Challa not being in the MCU. It’s impossible to say how the comics, animation, and gaming mediums will start treating the character when he’s removed from the movies. Maybe nothing changes but MCU synergy is a very real thing and that’s where the uncertainty and disappointment comes from as a fan.
    But you've already read the best comics. Any unknowns in the future isnt worth worrying about. Could some writer blow Priest and Hudlin out of the water in the future? Maybe, but until it happens there is no point in thinking about if it won't.

In the movies sure. I’m more worried about where that leaves him everywhere else. What does him becoming a footnote in the movies mean for him in future comics, cartoons, and games? Do they make him the secondary BP? Make a habit of killing him off early so they can put Shuri or whoever in the mantle? Reduce his appearances in team books like Avengers? Turn his book into a stealth ensemble? Those are the questions I have moving forward, I’ve accepted where he’ll end up popularity-wise in the MCU and that doesn’t bother me nearly as much as how he’ll be treated in other mediums.
    I am also referring to the comics as well. With the fan theories of how Okoye, Nakia, and M'baku should be the Black Panther, I won't be surprised if the same will happen in the comics. After all, it seems the Marvel execs will listen to the casuals more than the hardcore fans. These are hopeless times for T'Challa fans but oh well...

Best to not get too far ahead. I mean, for sure I am concerned about how much MCU synergy will play into the comics, but as for sequels I am not yet convinced that T'Challa is for sure completely gone. Thinking about it. It would be 100% stupid to kill T'Challa off in the mcu, Because then your hoping the supporting cast can rise to the occasion like the F&F franchise, however, unlike that, BP had 1 movie and everytime he appeared, the focus was on him. Yes people like fun Characters but you need more than that to carry a franchise, you need more throat couple jokes or 1 Badass fight scene.

I think Marvel is going to keep T'Challas fate ambiguous enough a recast if the sequel doesn't hit like they hope. Banking on underdeveloped side Characters to carry a movie without any source to reference from, on an established IP is hella risky, plus add in a rewrite of a script without pushing back schedule on top of a still grieving cast, you have a mountainous task ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I am also referring to the comics as well. With the fan theories of how Okoye, Nakia, and M'baku should be the Black Panther, I won't be surprised if the same will happen in the comics. After all, it seems the Marvel execs will listen to the casuals more than the hardcore fans. These are hopeless times for T'Challa fans but oh well...
    I'm actually not that worried about the comics replacing him entirely.

They may try a lil bit, just to have trades out by th etime the movie comes.

But comic fans aren't the same audience and they don't like new characters. For pure comic profits only, they need the classic characters.

there is a better chance they just stop writing BP comics enitrely (like they did for years and years and years) than their is any chance t'challa is "replaced" IMHO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But you've already read the best comics. Any unknowns in the future isnt worth worrying about. Could some writer blow Priest and Hudlin out of the water in the future? Maybe, but until it happens there is no point in thinking about if it won't.
    I think the problem with this type of thinking is that then you fall into the same trap you see with Storm fans, who reminisce on the "Glory days" of the 80-90s about Storm and have very little, to read about now as she was completely wallpapered. I don't want to see T'Challa fall into that hole, "Man back in late 90s/ early 2000d T'Challa was such a beast! Top bad now he is just a side Characters/ the T'Chaka to Shuris origin story of becoming BP" I think that's where the fear and uncertainty starts to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Best to not get too far ahead. I mean, for sure I am concerned about how much MCU synergy will play into the comics, but as for sequels I am not yet convinced that T'Challa is for sure completely gone. Thinking about it. It would be 100% stupid to kill T'Challa off in the mcu, Because then your hoping the supporting cast can rise to the occasion like the F&F franchise, however, unlike that, BP had 1 movie and everytime he appeared, the focus was on him. Yes people like fun Characters but you need more than that to carry a franchise, you need more throat couple jokes or 1 Badass fight scene.

I think Marvel is going to keep T'Challas fate ambiguous enough a recast if the sequel doesn't hit like they hope. Banking on underdeveloped side Characters to carry a movie without any source to reference from, on an established IP is hella risky, plus add in a rewrite of a script without pushing back schedule on top of a still grieving cast, you have a mountainous task ahead of you.
    I’m trying to have hope but I’m not holding my breath. And as frustrated as I am about this, I’m still worried for the cast. Especially Coogler since he just sounds drained in every interview he’s had since Chadwick’s death and I’m scared he might break when they start filming.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think the problem with this type of thinking is that then you fall into the same trap you see with Storm fans, who reminisce on the "Glory days" of the 80-90s about Storm and have very little, to read about now as she was completely wallpapered. I don't want to see T'Challa fall into that hole, "Man back in late 90s/ early 2000d T'Challa was such a beast! Top bad now he is just a side Characters/ the T'Chaka to Shuris origin story of becoming BP" I think that's where the fear and uncertainty starts to play.
    But they dont have little to read. They can read those stories

Astonishing Member

I’m a greedy fan lol. I want my favorite superhero to continue getting great stories and to make appearances in other mediums that bring something new to the table. Rereading Priest and Hudlin is fine but as a fan it’s not unreasonable to hope your guy can be a strong solo lead for years to come. With the MCU instigating T’Challa to get a push who knows where that could’ve led. Sure we had Coates while the MCU brought him to prominence, but the consistency and pedestal T’Challa was put on in the comics due to the movies might be eroded if he gets killed off.

Like MoS said, more prominence in the MCU= more content and more emphasis everywhere else, which can (but doesn’t always) lead to high quality stuff. Hell I think Ridley’s a massive improvement over Coates and I don’t think we get him if T’Challa wasn’t the face of a billion dollar film. Do we keep getting gems like Rise and Aaron’s Avengers 3-4 years from now after T’Challa’s been out to rest? What about stuff like him being the first major expansion in the Avengers game? As a fan I can’t help but think that there’s a ticking clock on when T’Challa stops being a priority or gets sidelined for one of his supporting characters. But I agree worrying about that in the present doesn’t do any good. It’s just a natural response I have knowing how aggressive Marvel is with synergy and how burned I am by the last few years of Coates. I respect how cool you are about how things are turning out tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm actually not that worried about the comics replacing him entirely.

They may try a lil bit, just to have trades out by th etime the movie comes.

But comic fans aren't the same audience and they don't like new characters. For pure comic profits only, they need the classic characters.

there is a better chance they just stop writing BP comics enitrely (like they did for years and years and years) than their is any chance t'challa is "replaced" IMHO
    So they're basically going to Cole Young the BP franchise both in the movies and in the comics if they deem it fit.

I’m a greedy fan lol. I want my favorite superhero to continue getting great stories and to make appearances in other mediums that bring something new to the table. Rereading Priest and Hudlin is fine but as a fan it’s not unreasonable to hope your guy can be a strong solo lead for years to come. With the MCU instigating T’Challa to get a push who knows where that could’ve led. Sure we had Coates while the MCU brought him to prominence, but the consistency and pedestal T’Challa was put on in the comics due to the movies might be eroded if he gets killed off.

Like MoS said, more prominence in the MCU= more content and more emphasis everywhere else, which can (but doesn’t always) lead to high quality stuff. Hell I think Ridley’s a massive improvement over Coates and I don’t think we get him if T’Challa wasn’t the face of a billion dollar film. Do we keep getting gems like Rise and Aaron’s Avengers 3-4 years from now after T’Challa’s been out to rest? What about stuff like him being the first major expansion in the Avengers game? As a fan I can’t help but think that there’s a ticking clock on when T’Challa stops being a priority or gets sidelined for one of his supporting characters. But I agree worrying about that in the present doesn’t do any good. It’s just a natural response I have knowing how aggressive Marvel is with synergy and how burned I am by the last few years of Coates. I respect how cool you are about how things are turning out tho lol.
    If you haven't already, I'd say to write a BP fanfic. That way the ticking clock doesn't matter, because you can always create your own stories. I posted mine on the HEF. I still review the quality of comics and other media, but whether hes around or not isnt an issue.

Incredible Member

Off topic what's going with some fans hating redjacks john Stewart?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m trying to have hope but I’m not holding my breath. And as frustrated as I am about this, I’m still worried for the cast. Especially Coogler since he just sounds drained in every interview he’s had since Chadwick’s death and I’m scared he might break when they start filming.

I wouldn't mind if Coogler says he doesn't want to continue with the production of the sequel. Give the responsibility to someone else regardless of their race and ensure that they are the right person for the job.

I doubt he will leave though since he's already signed up for the Wakanda series.

I wouldn't mind if Coogler says he doesn't want to continue with the production of the sequel. Give the responsibility to someone else regardless of their race and ensure that they are the right person for the job.

I doubt he will leave though since he's already signed up for the Wakanda series.
    Really I wouldn’t mind if the he and the cast came to a decision to just let the franchise rest for a while after this movie like how the MCU is giving the Avengers a rest right now. But there’s too much money to be made for Mickey Mouse, so it’s unlikely. That and Coogler is producing other Disney + shows aside from the Wakanda show.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

If you haven't already, I'd say to write a BP fanfic. That way the ticking clock doesn't matter, because you can always create your own stories. I posted mine on the HEF. I still review the quality of comics and other media, but whether hes around or not isnt an issue.
    That’s a thought, never really considered that. Never been much of a writer but maybe it wouldn’t hurt. HEF is Hudlin’s Entertainment Forums, right? I used to lurk there a while back lol y’all are great over there.

In other news T’Challa and the Avengers about to get that work in Immortal Hulk. I really like when Bruce lets loose and beats up super teams. T’Challa could barely finish his sentence when he saw you know who coming in to back Hulk up.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-05-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

So they're basically going to Cole Young the BP franchise both in the movies and in the comics if they deem it fit.
    By Cole Young you mean an OC in the MCU? I still wouldn't put too much stock into that rumor just yet. Although I wouldn't like it either.

As for the comics, new characters come and go. Idk if they'd create a new BP-type character