Page 303 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean but editorial obviously forced Okoye's re-emergence and Shuri's change on the comic people.

They don't 100% synergize at all, but they seem to like some (superficial) similarities between the two. For whatever reason. I don't understand it at this point lol
    That was kinda my problem with making all these supporting characters so prominent in BP1. Why was I supposed to care about all of them, when they're fairly minor in the comics, except Shuri who's at least an actual hero?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t know if Marvel would really keep the BP comic hostage until after the movie. That would mean no BP solo til fall 2022, even though they’ve been putting out lots of solo material with Shang-Chi, Black Widow, and Eternals months ahead of their movies. I don’t think the comics will ever 100% mirror the movies (hence my current confidence they won’t kill off T’Challa or permanently give the mantle to someone else).

So they might allow the next creator freedom, but expect them to synergize certain concepts/directions (elevate specific side characters and worldbuilding stuff from the sequel). That way the comic is distinct and can appeal to long time fans who keep the book afloat while making the book more MCU-friendly for the non-existent casuals that read comics lol.
    I think they just need a plot synopsis

We basically know the gist of the "wakanda" universe.

They just need a hint on who the focus is going to be on. And maybe the villain.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know people are nervous, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Despite being absent from the future MCU, he's still very popular.
    Yeah. But I can’t help but be a little pessimistic. I had to suffer through five years of Coates wrecking one of my favorite characters. Then the movie comes out and blows everyone away and we even get ROTBP as the one bright spot in the Coates era.

Then Chadwick Boseman dies and now there’s a very real possibility that T’Challa could get killed off since Marvel is hellbent on not recasting him. And that’s not even getting into how many casuals think T’Challa is disposable or interchangeable with any Wakandan because Black Panther is “just a mantle”. I know a lot of y’all are confident he won’t get killed off in comics , cartoons, or video games but again, synergy is a hell of a drug and I just can’t bring myself to trust Marvel now regarding how this character has been handled. Granted, seeing E-Mans petition getting more signatures by the day warms my heart, but I’m just tired man. I really am.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah. But I can’t help but be a little pessimistic. I had to suffer through five years of Coates wrecking one of my favorite characters. Then the movie comes out and blows everyone away and we even get ROTBP as the one bright spot in the Coates era.

Then Chadwick Boseman dies and now there’s a very real possibility that T’Challa could get killed off since Marvel is hellbent on not recasting him. And that’s not even getting into how many casuals think T’Challa is disposable or interchangeable with any Wakandan because Black Panther is “just a mantle”. I know a lot of y’all are confident he won’t get killed off in comics , cartoons, or video games but again, synergy is a hell of a drug and I just can’t bring myself to trust Marvel now regarding how this character has been handled. Granted, seeing E-Mans petition getting more signatures by the day warms my heart, but I’m just tired man. I really am.
    Well, synergy seems to be hit or miss. Scarlet Witch and Vision didn't seem to gain from it. Idk about Ant-Man or Wasp either. It's possible the reverse won't happen for Black Panther.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I know. I’m really beginning to think that the MCU was both a blessing and a curse to T’Challa. I really am.
    Always is man. On one hand it makes people aware of the character, a movie reaches more people than a comic ever will, and it permanently enshrined T’Challa as a big deal. But - it also makes people feel like they’re experts on the character now, even if they’ve never read a comic they think they “know” who he is, and while adaptions can be fantastic (and in rare cases even better than the source material), they can’t measure up to the decades of stories that have shaped T’Challa as a character, there’s just too much material to cover.

I wish Marvel did more standalone stories outside the main continuity like DC does. They’re kind of starting too it seems with the return of “What If?”, I hope T’Challa gets a What-If? story too. I’d like more BP stories that are just about an established T’Challa doing his thing, unchained by the weight of the status quo or the need to do creative synergy with the MCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t know if Marvel would really keep the BP comic hostage until after the movie. That would mean no BP solo til fall 2022, even though they’ve been putting out lots of solo material with Shang-Chi, Black Widow, and Eternals months ahead of their movies. I don’t think the comics will ever 100% mirror the movies (hence my current confidence they won’t kill off T’Challa or permanently give the mantle to someone else).
    That's only because the movies were delayed, tho.

I know. I’m really beginning to think that the MCU was both a blessing and a curse to T’Challa. I really am.
    Eh, the Chadwick death sucked and this uncertainy going forward sucks

But I think people in here are forgetting how shitty things were pre-Civil War.

There weren't even trades of BP comics before CW. There was zero merch... not even a damn Tshirt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Always is man. On one hand it makes people aware of the character, a movie reaches more people than a comic ever will, and it permanently enshrined T’Challa as a big deal. But - it also makes people feel like they’re experts on the character now, even if they’ve never read a comic they think they “know” who he is, and while adaptions can be fantastic (and in rare cases even better than the source material), they can’t measure up to the decades of stories that have shaped T’Challa as a character, there’s just too much material to cover.

I wish Marvel did more standalone stories outside the main continuity like DC does. They’re kind of starting too it seems with the return of “What If?”, I hope T’Challa gets a What-If? story too. I’d like more BP stories that are just about an established T’Challa doing his thing, unchained by the weight of the status quo or the need to do creative synergy with the MCU.
    I thought the general consensus about BP in this thread is the status quo is good

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    July solicitations are out and still no Black Panther. Really makes me wonder what in the hell is Marvel and the Mouse waiting on?
    Remember what happened to Cyborg at Dc? Every member of JLA had a solo at the start of New 52 EXCEPT him.

He did not get get one until DC You as something else had happened right around that time-excluding Spawn and Savage Dragon-there were NO black male lead books in stores. Miles & Falcon had their books stopped for Secret Wars 2.
    Cyborg's book comes out to decent numbers and those number got worst as Miles, Panther and others of black skin got books.

Now if we were to take that logic into Marvel-here is what is coming out in July and onward

Miles Morales's Clone Saga with 20 variants.
    Brandon Thomas's Shilo Norman book.
    Redjack's Green Lantern
    Duke Thomas has a one shot
    Shadow Man is back.
    Image has yet another new black male lead book-Ordinary Gods.

And more importantly MILESTONE returns.

A new BP book would get BURIED by all of those. Because Marvel chose to alienate everyone except folks who would never buy the book or those who only care when THAT PERSON appears.

Black Panther #3 in a new run would be Black Panther #200. A new series in say July would have that issue arrive in September.

If they have anything planned for 200-the week of Black Friday or December would be a better choice.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but doesn't DC not know what to with Cyborg?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but doesn't DC not know what to with Cyborg?
    They really don’t. Especially now that they’re doing what they should’ve been doing for the past decade and putting all their stock into John Stewart.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Rant:

USPS lost the last trade I needed to complete the main Hickman New Avengers incursion story line.

Found a decent deal used and it disappeared in Tennessee.

Ultimate Member

They really don’t. Especially now that they’re doing what they should’ve been doing for the past decade and putting all their stock into John Stewart.
    They should do both. There can't be just one Black hero at DC!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rant:

USPS lost the last trade I needed to complete the main Hickman New Avengers incursion story line.

Found a decent deal used and it disappeared in Tennessee.

I work at the post office and it's the worst it's ever been in history at the moment