Page 654 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 15079

If they think shoving these characters in the sequel would compensate for the lack of the main character being present, then they greatly mistaking me for an idiat to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While I can see narcisse doing a good job with the right help and a little more experience, I really think that RJ should get a shot at the solo before Him. I do t want another Coates situation. T'Challa needs experienced writers for a few years before getting a new person on the solo. Let's hom craft some mini storied for T'Challa or continue the rise series, that allows him to follow the continuity of the main boom while crafting his own stories.

As for the rest. I think of marvel was smart, they would realize that T'Challa is the franchise, the MCU franchise isn't going to be very strong without T'Challa. Even if Shuri takes over there's alot of creative issues that make her weak AF as the franchise lead. If they are wise they will multiverse or ambiguously have T'Challa missing. No body means he can come back it. Bit giving how much they are advertising and promoting essentially the death of T'Challa and the last of Chad, this morbid hype they are trying to push is likely going to make them rethink the situation entirely
    RJ is hot and maybe Marvel don't want to pay those prices. I Hope Narcisse learns a lesson from RJ's KiB and gives us a good showing and not the...how did it go?

"The king who became a slave who became a hero who became a....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

We don't want that guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If they think shoving these characters in the sequel would compensate for the lack of the main character being present, then they greatly mistaking me for an idiat to see this.
    This was probably planned before Boseman's passing since she got casted in the same year he died. I think there's a good chance Coogler's working on the Ironheart show in some capacity so setting the stage for her introduction with or without T'Challa makes sense I guess. Hasn't he worked with the actress in the past? And I've heard rumors that he was responsible for referring her to Marvel.

I don't think the plans changed as radically as some might expect, if they only pushed back the film a few months that's a heavy indication that the core beats of the movie stayed the same but they were revamped to focus more on the ensemble completing those beats while "honoring" T'Challa. At least that's the way I look at it. So it makes sense they're constant producing new scripts (it's insanely hard to rework a story without the lead) but I don't think they're adding in any major new elements because they want to distract from the fact T'Challa's not there, they were likely there from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I definitely want Narcisse to get more experience writing comics before he takes on the main solo. 1 critically acclaimed mini series and 2 well received video game stories isn't enough for me to be confident he'll deliver his best work. But I'd like to think that Marvel sees his passion for the character and continues giving him opportunities to build his resume with stuff like the Last Annihilation tie-in. He should be someone they're keeping their eyes on with how good his projects end up being.
    If he cares about writing a good T'Challa then I'm all for giving him an opportunity. I'd rather have multiple people who really want to write BP than just one person. You get more pitches and more opportunities for BP stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Namora...Riri Williams???? BP2:W...gtFo can go suck a big fat one. Marvel have practically shown us the knife before making us watch them stab us in the proverbial.
    Lol.
    Dude, Riri appearing in one of the outreach centers that T’Challa set up at the end of the first movie makes more sense than anything.

And Namor’s not just going to show up with Atlantian soldier #1 and 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If he cares about writing a good T'Challa then I'm all for giving him an opportunity. I'd rather have multiple people who really want to write BP than just one person. You get more pitches and more opportunities for BP stuff.
    I agree, but the last thing we want is a newbie on the main title, even if they are a fan. All due respect to Hudlin, but a lot of the issues the Black Panther franchise faces are a direct result of directions that he took which in hindsight weren't to T'Challa's long term benefit.

I want someone that understands the industry, can pace their stories well, and who has an eye for strong internal commentary. Narcisse has shown he can do that on some level, but imma need 2-3 more books from him and maybe a solo on a smaller character before I trust him to take on T'Challa in anything more than a miniseries.

There's plenty of people I'd want to see on a BP book before him at this point because I trust their skills and experience. Plus Narcisse speaking as glowingly as he did about Coates puts me a bit on edge lol, I know it's important to keep his professional connections in order but as a fan I need to see him write more T'Challa to see just how much he's gonna pull from Coates. But if his approach to T'Challa in the Avengers game is how he'd write T'Challa in the comics then I don't think we'll have anything to worry about.

I agree, but the last thing we want is a newbie on the main title, even if they are a fan. All due respect to Hudlin, but a lot of the issues the Black Panther franchise faces are a direct result of directions that he took which in hindsight weren't to T'Challa's long term benefit.

I want someone that understands the industry, can pace their stories well, and who has an eye for strong internal commentary. Narcisse has shown he can do that on some level, but imma need 2-3 more books from him and maybe a solo on a smaller character before I trust him to take on T'Challa in anything more than a miniseries.

There's plenty of people I'd want to see on a BP book before him at this point because I trust their skills and experience. Plus Narcisse speaking as glowingly as he did about Coates puts me a bit on edge lol, I know it's important to keep his professional connections in order but as a fan I need to see him write more T'Challa to see just how much he's gonna pull from Coates. But if his approach to T'Challa in the Avengers game is how he'd write T'Challa in the comics then I don't think we'll have anything to worry about.
    Hey, if the guy puts out a great story and writes a good T'Challa, I'm fine with him being new.

But, I wasn't advocating Narcisse to handle the new BP solo, I'm just glad to hear that more than one person has some ideas for a good BP book. The more people that are interested the more chances we get minis and one-shots.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hey, if the guy puts out a great story and writes a good T'Challa, I'm fine with him being new.

But, I wasn't advocating Narcisse to handle the new BP solo, I'm just glad to hear that more than one person has some ideas for a good BP book. The more people that are interested the more chances we get minis and one-shots.
    That's true, it's just the chances of getting something quality and consistent seems much higher if you bring on someone who has experience on top of passion.

But I agree 100% it's nice to see a guy in the comic industry that seems to be a genuine fan of T'Challa. It's always good when a character has a bench of eager creators willing to work with them. I hope Narcisse, Redjack, Walker, and others all get the chance to do more projects with Black Panther in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So T'Challa is a new young king and not an older experienced king like they said. The suit looked great and also nice to hear S'Yan exists.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So T'Challa is a new young king and not an older experienced king like they said. The suit looked great and also nice to hear S'Yan exists.
    I'm kind of wondering what his history with The Avengers is because it doesn't seem like he's been part of the team before.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Based on what little we and know and been told, this might be his first time meeting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m getting more and more excited for this expansion with every new preview. And we really need to see more variety of T’Challas hairstyles in the comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That's true, it's just the chances of getting something quality and consistent seems much higher if you bring on someone who has experience on top of passion.

But I agree 100% it's nice to see a guy in the comic industry that seems to be a genuine fan of T'Challa. It's always good when a character has a bench of eager creators willing to work with them. I hope Narcisse, Redjack, Walker, and others all get the chance to do more projects with Black Panther in some way.
    Ahmed has been my top choice for awhile now.

Don't let me down Ridley
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ended up stumbling onto a potential spoiler for the story for anyone interested:

spoilers:
    Because the video ended with Okoye having different eye colors, she will be revealed to be an imposter/clone.I haven't played the game but this will apparently connect it to the game's main story and the synopsis for WfW said T'Challa would be betrayed by someone close.
    end of spoilers