Page 658 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708758 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You know how I initially said I wouldn’t want JDW as a successor because of his height? Well after looking up the heights of the other cast members (ex: Letitia Wright: 5’6, Lupita Nyongo: 5’5), I guess the 5’9 JDW wouldn’t be too jarring. Lmao.
    it not a knock on JDW, but I think other actors could do it better. Now I think he would be excellent as another character in the franchise, but I would rather some of the other mentioned actor's would be a better fit.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There was another fan casting of another actor. Who was it again?

Also more and more I am getting on board with the idea that Sope Dirisu would be a good successor to T'Chadwick
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Helps that Sope is 30-31. So if it were to happen he could be in it for the long haul.
    My 3 choice's on no particular order:

Sope Dirisu
    Trevante Rhodes
    Yahya mateen
    With honorable mentions of Nathan Mitchell or Jesse usher from The Boys
    My greatest contribution to this thread so far

Incredible Member

My 3 choice's on no particular order:

Sope Dirisu
    Trevante Rhodes
    Yahya mateen
    With honorable mentions of Nathan Mitchell or Jesse usher from The Boys
    Damson Idris would be afar better choice than Jesse Usher and much better actor to boot. Just get the dude in a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Damson Idris would be afar better choice than Jesse Usher and much better actor to boot. Just get the dude in a gym.
    And tell him to grow a beard.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

There was another fan casting of another actor. Who was it again?

Also more and more I am getting on board with the idea that Sope Dirisu would be a good successor to T'Chadwick
    Sopé is THE T'Challa choice for me.

What If is only 30 min long episodes. So, take out what... 8? minutes of credits so its like 22-25?

Sigh.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://twitter.com/wakandawelcomes/...61296087162880

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What If is only 30 min long episodes. So, take out what... 8? minutes of credits so its like 22-25?

Sigh.....
    I'll take what I can get. Less than 2 weeks to go.

Jesse would be horrible.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So I finally read all of Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. The story definitely reads a lot better as a whole, but the resolution is somehow still very confusing. What exactly was going on when N'Jadaka died?

Other thoughts: I liked the siege a lot. The Empire was looming but the use of portals kept it delayed while foreboding.
    I also appreciated T'Challa in the Djalia. Reading it all together, I can see the thematic threads from the beginning of Coates's work. I don't agree with them (or, at least, they're overstated), but I understand the idea of this story is that T'Challa is learning to accept being King, which happens at the end of this.
    Are Tatu and Zenzi both gone? One seemed dead, the other merged with Bast, I think? Also confusing. If so, it's a disappointment because I think they're fun and visually interesting.
    Bast had a cool design.
    Coates spent very little time writing dialogue in that final issue. It's a trick he goes to a lot and it only sometimes pays off. But it made it much faster to burn through these issues.

I think that's about it. I still can't place where in continuity this is supposed to be. Sam Wilson looked like he had his Captain America outfit but with Evil Steve's shield. That doesn't make anything less confusing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ah I meant to have Damson in my list. Really it's my top 5 choices list. I say 5 because at number 5 I would put JDW but he would be one of the last choices, ideally want someone who's at 6"

Edit:

Alright here's my top 5 list

Sope Dirisu
    Trevante Rhodes
    Yahya Mateen
    Y'Ian Noel
    Damson Idris

Honorable mentions Nathan Mitchell and JDW
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-05-2021 at 05:52 PM.

CBR hoping the T'Challa episodes are lit

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So I finally read all of Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. The story definitely reads a lot better as a whole, but the resolution is somehow still very confusing. What exactly was going on when N'Jadaka died?

Other thoughts: I liked the siege a lot. The Empire was looming but the use of portals kept it delayed while foreboding.
    I also appreciated T'Challa in the Djalia. Reading it all together, I can see the thematic threads from the beginning of Coates's work. I don't agree with them (or, at least, they're overstated), but I understand the idea of this story is that T'Challa is learning to accept being King, which happens at the end of this.
    Are Tatu and Zenzi both gone? One seemed dead, the other merged with Bast, I think? Also confusing. If so, it's a disappointment because I think they're fun and visually interesting.
    Bast had a cool design.
    Coates spent very little time writing dialogue in that final issue. It's a trick he goes to a lot and it only sometimes pays off. But it made it much faster to burn through these issues.

I think that's about it. I still can't place where in continuity this is supposed to be. Sam Wilson looked like he had his Captain America outfit but with Evil Steve's shield. That doesn't make anything less confusing.

How did you feel about the use of his Spear of Bashenga. He used it frequently which I thought was a nice touch.

Bast had a cool design.

I think the problem with Coates final issues is pacing. The looming foreboding gets undercut by a random ass pause of battle, speech and somehow a giant statue of Nakia is erected on the middle of an invasion?

T'Challa learn to accept being King at this point would be like Peter learning the Great power comes great responsibility lesson again. Ots really pointless and makes Zero sense because they are far past it. And at the end of it doesn't feel like he actually accepted it, more like resignation. Erik somehow reacts to N'Jadakas daughter even though she isn't his child, and he Essentially was a dying animal by the time T'Challa puts him out of his misery.

Tetu is wasted and Zenzis betrayal and redemption is so stupid and undeserved. She did nothing to deserve being fused with Bast at all, she was an enemy of Wakanda and worked with racists, killed Wakandans, and is rewarded with godhood.

It's funny you mentioned Coates using very little dialogue because prior to it he was overly wordy.

The series reads better when you have the complete story but it's still a subpar book with alot of undeserved uplifting whole piling crap onto T'Challa. He never had an arc, he started as a reluctant King and lateral shifted to a reluctant emperor. He didn't grow at all and his elevation to emperor to a empire that's riddled with slavery and basically T'Challa ruling over intergalactic America

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    How did you feel about the use of his Spear of Bashenga. He used it frequently which I thought was a nice touch.
    I appreciate it in part, but it seems essential to the resolution and I don't fully understand what the deal there was.

T'Challa learn to accept being King at this point would be like Peter learning the Great power comes great responsibility lesson again. Ots really pointless and makes Zero sense because they are far past it. And at the end of it doesn't feel like he actually accepted it, more like resignation. Erik somehow reacts to N'Jadakas daughter even though she isn't his child, and he Essentially was a dying animal by the time T'Challa puts him out of his misery.
    I don't disagree with this. I tried to judge the book on the story it was trying to tell but I agree it makes more sense if this were early in his career (when it obviously could not be). That being said, Peter relearned the Great Power/Great Responsibility thing many, many times during his stories so repetition there is not unusual.

Tetu is wasted and Zenzis betrayal and redemption is so stupid and undeserved. She did nothing to deserve being fused with Bast at all, she was an enemy of Wakanda and worked with racists, killed Wakandans, and is rewarded with godhood.
    Is she still in control or is her body essentially a vessel? She started as a victim so I don't mind her getting a happy ending. I just didn't really want her to get an ending.

The series reads better when you have the complete story but it's still a subpar book with alot of undeserved uplifting whole piling crap onto T'Challa. He never had an arc, he started as a reluctant King and lateral shifted to a reluctant emperor. He didn't grow at all and his elevation to emperor to a empire that's riddled with slavery and basically T'Challa ruling over intergalactic America
    I wondered how they were going to handle it and they apparently handled it straight up T'Challa's in charge. I figured M'Baku would at least be his regent or something. That being said, how stable is the empire right now? It seems like it should be struggling pretty badly.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 08-06-2021 at 04:21 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Honestly, I don't know, Coates picked the wrong time to stop being super wordy.

Tetu is dead is how I read it because the spear magically has explosion ability this time? I don't know man lol... Tetu got hit by it in season 1 and was just fine. tHis time he catches on fire.

I read it as Zenzi's body has been taken over by Bast.

Zenzi's arc in Coates story really doesn't make any sense and I honestly don't understand it. Felt like Coates wanted to do something tragic with her but forgot about her halfway through his run.

From memory...

- she was going to be killed by Killmonger's forces after he died in Hudlin's but her powers stopped it.

- She ends up joining with Tetu to start an uprising to end the monarchy because... I'm not sure really? What is her beef with T'challa? Her beef is with Killmonger or his forces no?

- See's The PEople are losing, so she joins up with Hydra???? Nazis? Why?

- Ends up joining up with EmpSymbiote and Tetu to... ressurrect Killmonger? Her seemingly mortal enemy? Why?

- Ends up working with Bast low key to... kill Killmonger? The person she just ressurrected? Again... why

This doesn't make any sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html