Page 359 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Milton Davis' story in the anthology book deals with Vb mutations during the time of Bashenga.
    True, in fact I think he actually refers to vibranium mutated wildlife as "demons". Unfortunately the comics have kinda let that idea fall to the wayside outside the Rise mini. But Milton's story is something that serves as a good baseline, vibranium isn't just some random supermetal, it's a cosmic construct that has a bunch of exotic properties which should be affecting the organic matter around it. It seems like wasted potential to not explore some of those concepts of Vb radiation and mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    True, in fact I think he actually refers to vibranium mutated wildlife as "demons". Unfortunately the comics have kinda let that idea fall to the wayside outside the Rise mini. But Milton's story is something that serves as a good baseline, vibranium isn't just some random supermetal, it's a cosmic construct that has a bunch of exotic properties which should be affecting the organic matter around it. It seems like wasted potential to not explore some of those concepts of Vb radiation and mutation.
    At some point in an advanced civilization, I would say people would know better than to go around it without protection. If I saw a radioactive sign on a fence, I'd avoid the area. Lol

Coates could have fixed his second arc by saying the originators where fellow humans who got mutated and the mystics and Bashenga sent them to another dimension which led to them being isolated to keep a similar event from happening.
    Last edited by Cville; 05-04-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    At some point in an advanced civilization, I would say people would know better than to go around it without protection. If I saw a radioactive sign on a fence, I'd avoid the area. Lol

Coates could have fixed his second arc by saying the originators where fellow humans who got mutated and the mystics and Bashenga sent them to another dimension which led to them being isolated to keep a similar event from happening.
    I guess accidents can happen lol. A miner falls into a pit or something and now every few generations his descendants manifest Vb powers. Maybe some tribes see Vb mutates as a means of gaining power and seek to harness it. But I agree, rates of Vb-based mutation should be exceedingly rare among humans, but I think it'd be cool for it to be enough of a thing to get some cool stories out of it.

That would require Coates to depict the Black Panther legacy as anything other than a stain on humanity which he would never do lol. The Originators had to be indigenous, peaceful settlers otherwise how can he inject "realism" into his story by making the Wakandans colonizers?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I can't say I've read any of Mr. Ridley's work, so I can't speak on quality, but two points concern me:

1) It feels like he's being given almost every P.O.C. book nowadays, like he's the "fashionable" black writer. It makes me worried that he was chosen because of his high profile, not his pitch.

2) Looking at his bibliography, I'm seeing a lot of work exploring the African-American experience. And that just reminds me of Coates. *shudder*

But hey, like I said, I've not read his work, so both points could very well be moot. I'm just cautious, these days.
    It's pretty much confirmed that Marvel doesn't choose black panthers writers based on their pitch. Have you heard the story of how hudlin got the job?

I wont judge until i hear his interviews but i hope for the best
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-04-2021 at 04:27 PM.

I'm so ready to be excited by ANYTHING that all i need is Ridley to go...

"T'challa is pretty cool"

and i'll be like

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm so ready to be excited by ANYTHING that all i need is Ridley to go...

"T'challa is pretty cool"

and i'll be like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah his angle should be to "Protect Wakanda" like T'Challa, burning a vastly different way. The loss of their father effects the sibling's all differently. T'Challa is paranoid and tries his damnedest to be always prepared for the unknown, Hunter ( of he is to be used still) is a hardcore Wakandan patriot to extremist levels, Jakkara is obsessed with preventing death of Wakandans to the points ironically causing the deaths of Wakandans by trying to replicate his transformation. Shuri is the only one "Normal" because she wasn't born yet.

But in a twisted way jakkara wants to save people and he suffers from survivors guilt, he doesn't blame T'Challa Because T'Challa ultimately saved himself, jakkara, their mother and unborn sister, but he feels that T'Challas path for Wakanda and further engaging the world who took his father away is flawed.
    So some what like a Orochimaru type but maybe less mess up lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ooh that's a dope idea. Vibranium-based mutation is something you'd expect Wakanda to reconcile with given how long they've been exposed to the metal. It's been a while since someone referenced the "star demons" lore from those old Jack Kirby comics, but humans gaining abilities and whole new bodies from this sacred metal would probably be a recurring problem in Wakandan society. Jakarra exploring this dark science and seeing it as the next step in Wakandan enlightenment would be a good direction.

Maybe there's even a faith-based argument to it as well, a revelation he has when he gets saved by liquified vibranium. Bast and the other gods brought this sacred metal to us and now its incumbent upon Wakandans to merge with it and surpass the gods themselves. Maybe the Hyena Clan were exiled because they were illegally experimenting with vibranium and worked with would-be colonizers to try and steal the motherload generations ago. Jakarra comes along offering to use his connections and give them access to Wakanda again, gets exiled, and takes over their organization. Now he's running this cultish enterprise of mad scientists, tech thieves, and outcasts unlocking the secrets of vibranium-based mutation while dealing in bioterrorism and trafficking for his experiments.
    I like that too, although, I would be a little hesitant about working with foreigners. I really think it would be a better contrast to T'Challa showing how each sibling reacted to the situation, both were traumatized by it, both came out different with a different worldview. But I like the idea that he gets his ideals warped by putting together it was Bast will or something and he completely goes to the extreme of " we need to evolve using this bast ordained gift she gave to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    When it comes to any BP material these days the word "hope" loses much of its meaning
    Maan after all these announcements and such and all the negative feelings they are bringing, this tiny sliver is very much needed lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    So some what like a Orochimaru type but maybe less mess up lol ?
    Yea lol, but driving further from what chief was saying, hmthis fanatics comes from thinking because vibranium saved him (and mutated him) he sees it a a bast ordained sign that Wakandans should be trying to evolve to the next level, sees himself as the next evolutionary step blessed by bast (by way of vibranium) and as such is OBSESSED with trying to replicate his evolution to the rest of the populace.

Mighty Member

https://screenrant.com/sam-wilson-ca...ngs-vibranium/

Falcon's wings are vibranium btw

T'challa hooked the brother up

which does beg the question... does he really need the shield if he has vibranium wings lol???
    Captain America must carry the shield

oh no, Avengers bout to get their ass kicked again in next Hulk issue lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

I finally updated all of T'challa's appearances...

https://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot....-raw-list.html

being leader of the avengers means he pops up A LOT... yeeesh
    Lol...Aaron has you running loops. Lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    If this turns out to be a film about "Wakanda". Who is going to be the central character? What is the focal point? Are we just gonna follow multiple characters around as they prepare to take on some dangerous outside force? sounds boring.

Kids definitely won't care for it if it doesn't have anyone kicking butt in a cool Panther costume.
    Okoye is not in a Panther costume and gets plenty of fans.

Not as much as Tchalla but she some hardcore fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Okoye is not in a Panther costume and gets plenty of fans.

Not as much as Tchalla but she some hardcore fans.
    Miek nad Korg got "plenty" of fans too and they ain't headlining no property lol

Lol...Aaron has you running loops. Lol.
    just pops up everywhere now. Even when his side characters appear like Shuri and Okoye... he usually at least appears too in one panel.

Hell, he popped up in Hulk today lol