Page 376 of 496 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 7436
  1. #5626
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    That last bit isnt wrong, but is it right? It seem like we the only ones (nah thats not true. Others do it as well)

    Must everything be the best thing and the other the worst? I love my elders. They'd say the same thing. However, must they sound like Aretha?
    It's not right but it is correct.

  2. #5627
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I look forward to people's reaction to that video. I mean wow, lol
    They both were passing me off from the start and when the white dude lied and said Chadwick's family didn't want the role recast, I IMMEDIATELY shut the thing off.

  3. #5628
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    They both were passing me off from the start and when the white dude lied and said Chadwick's family didn't want the role recast, I IMMEDIATELY shut the thing off.
    Didn't even find it worth clicking on.

    In other news, according to Bautista Disney may recast him... i guess Drax is a mantle too lol

  4. #5629
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Didn't even find it worth clicking on.

    In other news, according to Bautista Disney may recast him... i guess Drax is a mantle too lol
    Didn’t bother watching either. Just more of these dumb fan fiction ideas.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  5. #5630
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Didn't even find it worth clicking on.

    In other news, according to Bautista Disney may recast him... i guess Drax is a mantle too lol
    I wouldn't recast, his style of comedy has run its course. I'd have him die a hero's death and introduce Moondragon or Quasar.

  6. #5631
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I wouldn't recast, his style of comedy has run its course. I'd have him die a hero's death and introduce Moondragon or Quasar.
    Played up the goofiness too much (and it was hilarious in gog....hit or miss after) but Gunn didn't play up "The Destroyer" part.

    If he had that part of his personality still around, he'd have more to do.

    Instead, even when he's "destroying" like at he beginning fo GotG2... he is still being goofy as hell.

    ANd yeah, heroes death after finding out his daughter is still alive is the best route for him.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  7. #5632
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I didnt think hudlins run was the best. He took major liberties, ran roughshot over some of the lore even creating siblings out of thin air.

    But i also didnt think it was the worst. He elevated Tchalla on the world stage, built his character in a more a humane way while maintaining his regality and respected Tchallas capabilities and power

    Coats was the just.....the worst. With respect to his talent in other forms of writing.
    It is actually a blessing Coates sucks at writing comics.

    Imagine if he was skilled at it... AND hated T'challa.

    His book would still be selling great, people would be fully engaged, and all see how useless T'Chumpa really is. And do you even need a T'Chumpa if you can sell 40+K a week with this suppoting cast doing everything?

    So yeah... at least he is not the best comic writer lol. That would have been bad

    I still think i tis absolutely wild that the only time I've liked Coates T'challa with no qualifying statements... was hwne he wrote T'calla and Okoye in Captain America's book when they got Stane. So weird.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #5633
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    They both were passing me off from the start and when the white dude lied and said Chadwick's family didn't want the role recast, I IMMEDIATELY shut the thing off.
    Right, Because there has totally been word from his family about it... Except the one from his brother in which he wanted His brother who was wanting to see him show up still. Who are these people? "Scoop insiders" like Grace Randolph?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is actually a blessing Coates sucks at writing comics.

    Imagine if he was skilled at it... AND hated T'challa.

    His book would still be selling great, people would be fully engaged, and all see how useless T'Chumpa really is. And do you even need a T'Chumpa if you can sell 40+K a week with this suppoting cast doing everything?

    So yeah... at least he is not the best comic writer lol. That would have been bad

    I still think i tis absolutely wild that the only time I've liked Coates T'challa with no qualifying statements... was hwne he wrote T'calla and Okoye in Captain America's book when they got Stane. So weird.
    There was stuff sprinkled in here and there. I don't think there was 1 issue in S1 when he fights Stane. S2 had a few more, like the initial issue against the originators, then the issue where he fights claw, and then I think the issue where he has Storm meeting with Wakandans are the farm lands.

    Then S3 had the first 4 or 5 issues. Granted they were basically the same thing with no plot development, he was mopping goons but that was it. It comes down to it's intentional. Coates CAN write T'Challa well if he wants, it's a choice. He purposely writes T'Challa like shit because he has shown he can write him competently if he puts in the effort

  9. #5634
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like that too, although, I would be a little hesitant about working with foreigners. I really think it would be a better contrast to T'Challa showing how each sibling reacted to the situation, both were traumatized by it, both came out different with a different worldview. But I like the idea that he gets his ideals warped by putting together it was Bast will or something and he completely goes to the extreme of " we need to evolve using this bast ordained gift she gave to us.
    Just to touch back on this again, my thought was that the Hyena Clan would be the mad scientists, tech thieves, and outcasts Jakarra would be working with, not actual foreigners. To me his whole thing should be like we’ve been saying, “Wakanda needs to make the next evolutionary step in order to best protect itself and the only way to do that is to take the Bast-given gift of vibranium and merge with it to transcend all human limitations” He’d be weary of foreigners but if need be he might do shady business with them to advance his goals.

    I think he works like 4sake baned suggested, an Orichimaru-like figure. One who dabbles in vibranium mutate-based bioterrorism and trafficking. Solomon Prey could fit that role too, he just lacks that emotional connection since he’s not T’Challa’s sibling. But body horror and evil experiments were a huge part of his visual when he was introduced and if Marvel doesn’t wanna bring back Jakarra, Prey works as T’Challa’s Orochimaru too. But that contrast you pointed out in how the children of T’Chaka respond to his death is powerful.

    T’Challa sees his father die but realizes in his heroism and pragmatism the way forward isn’t to shun the world, but to guide it so Wakanda is safe (while helping other peoples). Hunter, always struggling with his alienation, doubles down on nationalism and loses all faith in “outlanders”. Jakarra who suffered a complete body transformation thinks the only way forward is to not just close Wakanda off, but have Wakandans become non-human, usurping the gods with their own gift. Shuri, who was too young to remember the details of her father’s murder, has a youthful optimism about the power of science/mysticism to move her people into the future.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-08-2021 at 08:57 AM.

  10. #5635
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right, Because there has totally been word from his family about it... Except the one from his brother in which he wanted His brother who was wanting to see him show up still. Who are these people? "Scoop insiders" like Grace Randolph?

    t[/B]
    only people woh want to be triggered take Grace Randolph seriously

    rumor sites don't even take her seriously. She exists for clicks only
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #5636
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I wouldn't recast, his style of comedy has run its course. I'd have him die a hero's death and introduce Moondragon or Quasar.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Played up the goofiness too much (and it was hilarious in gog....hit or miss after) but Gunn didn't play up "The Destroyer" part.

    If he had that part of his personality still around, he'd have more to do.

    Instead, even when he's "destroying" like at he beginning fo GotG2... he is still being goofy as hell.

    ANd yeah, heroes death after finding out his daughter is still alive is the best route for him.
    Yeah, the comedy schtick with Drax was running it's course just like Bro-Thor.

  12. #5637
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There was stuff sprinkled in here and there. I don't think there was 1 issue in S1 when he fights Stane. S2 had a few more, like the initial issue against the originators, then the issue where he fights claw, and then I think the issue where he has Storm meeting with Wakandans are the farm lands.

    Then S3 had the first 4 or 5 issues. Granted they were basically the same thing with no plot development, he was mopping goons but that was it. It comes down to it's intentional. Coates CAN write T'Challa well if he wants, it's a choice. He purposely writes T'Challa like shit because he has shown he can write him competently if he puts in the effort
    I have to disagree bro. Coates can't write T'Challa because he doesn't get him.

    Right from the start he's worried about T'Challa sleeping with Doras.

    Then, T'Challa is a reluctant/doesn't want to be king.

    Next he wasn't spying on the Avengers, he just wanted to go on adventure time.

    Wakanda was founded by illegal aliens.

    Dude can't get isht done without quadruple back-up.

    Goon Slam Garry was Buster Douglas to T'Challa's Mike Tyson.

    Screws up a story about Wakandans and space. How?

    Nope, he gave his best and his best just wasn't good enough.

  13. #5638
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Eman doing interviews on msnbc now lol

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSPDgKK4Nw
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-08-2021 at 09:51 AM.

  14. #5639
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    The lady just had to throw in a Shuri spinoff.

    One thing the MCU has taught us is, what ever they put out people will go and see it. There is zero logical reason to sideline T'Challa. Sure, you'll have a few people (the usual racists and unfans crying for a hit minute) but as soon as Marvel announce the new actor to play T'Challa come and see how quickly people will support him and declare he should have been T'Challa from the start blah blah blah and all that hyperbolic rhetoric. Filming of WFE is supposed to start next month, right? If this takes place during the blip I'll be happy enough.

  15. #5640
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    White liberal women seem to be the group going hardest for MCU Shuri. Its hard to figure out why. Just dont ask them any questions about the characters history and traditional attributes.
    My only guess is that they saw the MCU brand her as the true genius responsible for all of wakandas advancements and deem her more worthy of leadership than even the main character himself. Who in their eyes is only in that position because he was male, stronger and born first.

    Just a guess tho. Maybe they share Coats no one man ideology. Or they just really like sneaker puns.
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-08-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •