Page 922 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 422822872912918919920921922923924925926932972 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 15079

Any way to bring back Ayo, Aneka, Tetu and Zenzi and salvage them in the current solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Any way to bring back Ayo, Aneka, Tetu and Zenzi and salvage them in the current solo?
    I dont think tetu and zenzi are worth the effort this soon
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There's ALWAYS a way. Is there a good reason to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I dont think tetu and zenzi are worth the effort this soon
    That’s where I’m at, they have potential but with as much Coates-era stuff as Ridley’s bringing in already I want to see him do new things of his own. If the villain of this arc has to be an old rogue I hope it’s someone like Achebe or Cannibal. Tetu and Zenzi can sit on the back burner for 2 dozen issues or so before being brought back into the fold. Assuming this run lasts that long lol.

EDIT: but Tetu can easily be salvaged by just saying he used illusions to fake his death. To keep with the espionage theme of the run Ridley can have him pop up on another continent trying his freedom fighter shtick in an actual autocratic regime. He starts outfitting people in the favelas of Brazil with magically enhanced organic weapons and begins messing up Wakanda’s reputation in South America. Or have him start up his own colony of anarcho-communists in the Savage Land, where he begins siphoning off natural energy to expand the greenery worldwide, sparking environmental catastrophe.

Zenzi could just get back to her old ways and begins manipulating Bast, threatening a war between the Wakandan gods.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-28-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s where I’m at, they have potential but with as much Coates-era stuff as Ridley’s bringing in already I want to see him do new things of his own. If the villain of this arc has to be an old rogue I hope it’s someone like Achebe or Cannibal. Tetu and Zenzi can sit on the back burner for 2 dozen issues or so before being brought back into the fold. Assuming this run lasts that long lol.

EDIT: but Tetu can easily be salvaged by just saying he used illusions to fake his death. To keep with the espionage theme of the run Ridley can have him pop up on another continent trying his freedom fighter shtick in an actual autocratic regime. He starts outfitting people in the favelas of Brazil with magically enhanced organic weapons and begins messing up Wakanda’s reputation in South America. Or have him start up his own colony of anarcho-communists in the Savage Land, where he begins siphoning off natural energy to expand the greenery worldwide, sparking environmental catastrophe.

Zenzi could just get back to her old ways and begins manipulating Bast, threatening a war between the Wakandan gods.
    I would wait fo Tetu, let him come back after a couple years, he was a character that had a ton of potential and power scaling behind him that Coates just ruined due to laziness. I would make a whole arc with Zenzi Bast. Frankly Its like you said, everything Zenzi did in Coates era and how she became bast is something I would expect a white supremacist or straight up racist person to write.

I would fix it quickly. Bast, thinking Erik was too strong for T'Challa to take on since he was sporting her power and the symbiote, was desperate and used Zenzi to try and turn his army against him and tip the odds on T'Challas favor, at first, she was able to overpower Zenzi and take her over as a vessel and avatar body.

Zenzis power works against bast and she tricked her into fusing with her as kid bast didnt have enough power to dominate her mind so Zenzi uses that to her advantage to make bast think she is in control, but she starts to slowly corrupt her. To which T'Challa picks up the difference in her behavior and starts investigating what's happening as the Orisha ™ start being killed by Zenzi Bast.

By the end of it, she is fully corrupted by Zenzi, she has killed all the other Orisha and T'Challa has to whip out the tiger god PokeBall and fight Bast. Ending with Zenzi being killed and vast and the tiger god becoming two sides of the same coin and the gods of Wakanda. Oh and Zenzi Bast steals away that pray to someone and they ascend to godhood bullisht too

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would wait fo Tetu, let him come back after a couple years, he was a character that had a ton of potential and power scaling behind him that Coates just ruined due to laziness. I would make a whole arc with Zenzi Bast. Frankly Its like you said, everything Zenzi did in Coates era and how she became bast is something I would expect a white supremacist or straight up racist person to write.

I would fix it quickly. Bast, thinking Erik was too strong for T'Challa to take on since he was sporting her power and the symbiote, was desperate and used Zenzi to try and turn his army against him and tip the odds on T'Challas favor, at first, she was able to overpower Zenzi and take her over as a vessel and avatar body.

Zenzis power works against bast and she tricked her into fusing with her as kid bast didnt have enough power to dominate her mind so Zenzi uses that to her advantage to make bast think she is in control, but she starts to slowly corrupt her. To which T'Challa picks up the difference in her behavior and starts investigating what's happening as the Orisha ™ start being killed by Zenzi Bast.

By the end of it, she is fully corrupted by Zenzi, she has killed all the other Orisha and T'Challa has to whip out the tiger god PokeBall and fight Bast. Ending with Zenzi being killed and vast and the tiger god becoming two sides of the same coin and the gods of Wakanda. Oh and Zenzi Bast steals away that pray to someone and they ascend to godhood bullisht too
    Those seem like good ideas so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, give me a 12-18 issues of espionage, political political thriller, priest-ish like Panther then maybe i'll warm up to gods, mystics, space, and resurrections again lol.

As of now... if I don't hear Tetu, Zenzi, Bast, Outlander slave dudes, Force Ghost Panthers again for a yeah, I won't hate it.

The parliament, storm, and space empire is more than enough Coates run this early for me. And if the parliament is involved, you know Changs ass is coming back, so I'm good for now lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Did Ridley give any indication on how long he plans to stay on the title?

I'd hate for this to be a short run. I think lately writers have been getting at least three years on a title depending on sales.

I'd hate for this to be a short run. I think lately writers have been getting at least three years on a title depending on sales.
    Other than the initial announcement and briefly talking about it in a separate interview, I don't think Ridley has discussed his BP run that much.

Today would’ve been T’Chadwicks 45th birthday. Rest well King.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

RIP Chadwick

Does anyone know how BP#1 sales went? Any numbers on how well it sold?

RIP Chadwick.

Gone way too soon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Other than the initial announcement and briefly talking about it in a separate interview, I don't think Ridley has discussed his BP run that much.
    I hope he sticks around for at least 2 or 3 years. He’s off to a really strong start.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    RIP Chadwick

Does anyone know how BP#1 sales went? Any numbers on how well it sold?
    For most stores it was among the top 5 in sales. SO I would suspect it did fine. However the REAL test is issue 4 after we see what is done in issue 3. Because aside from the obvious distraction of she who must not be named-that is a milestone issue. So I would SUSPECT variants to show up and beat us all down once again.

The first black hero at the Big two to hit 200. A feat we will not see again until Luke Cage starts getting some books. Aside from that we will be in countdown to 100 for Mr. Morales and MAYBE 75 for either Static or Hardware.

If he continues on an upward trend, I think 3-5 years would be good. Enough to establish T'Challa as a force of nature and have it stick