Page 273 of 398 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5961
  1. #4081
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Is Goldballs even supposed to be powerful?

  2. #4082
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Black Panther needs a “run the gauntlet” type story arc where he has to fight through his entire Rogues Gallery, something in the vein of Hush where the writer can introduce the more obscure parts of T’Challa’s mythos without retelling his origin again. It would take someone willing to sift through all of his Rogues and revamp the ones who aren’t “cool” though so that they can become bigger threats.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  3. #4083
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is Goldballs even supposed to be powerful?
    At the time, no. He was Bendis joke X-men character he made.

    Now, unless something has changed since I stopped reading Hickman's Xmen... he is one of the "5" responsible for ressurection of dead mutants. Still not powerful offensively but irreplaceable to Krakoa
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #4084
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Panther needs a “run the gauntlet” type story arc where he has to fight through his entire Rogues Gallery, something in the vein of Hush where the writer can introduce the more obscure parts of T’Challa’s mythos without retelling his origin again. It would take someone willing to sift through all of his Rogues and revamp the ones who aren’t “cool” though so that they can become bigger threats.
    Idk if he has that much of a big rogues gallery.

    Tbh, I've never been sold on the idea of heroes needing their own rogues. Especially in the interconnected Marvel Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At the time, no. He was Bendis joke X-men character he made.

    Now, unless something has changed since I stopped reading Hickman's Xmen... he is one of the "5" responsible for ressurection of dead mutants. Still not powerful offensively but irreplaceable to Krakoa
    Mutants like Goldballs make me think "Why?". Maybe I'm not familiar enough with him, but, why?

  5. #4085
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Panther needs a “run the gauntlet” type story arc where he has to fight through his entire Rogues Gallery, something in the vein of Hush where the writer can introduce the more obscure parts of T’Challa’s mythos without retelling his origin again. It would take someone willing to sift through all of his Rogues and revamp the ones who aren’t “cool” though so that they can become bigger threats.
    That would be redjack

    He has the rogues Klaw, Mbaku, Killmonger, Madam Slay, and Achebe

    Thats enough right there and a completely diverse group.

    Rouge are important (ask Spiderman and baman) they help build up the hero. The problem is getting a writer tgat actually cares aboutusing continuity to build foward progress in a minority book.

    Instead marcel would rather do the bare minimum by simply letting it exist to feel altruistic. Kinda like what they are doing now in the MCU by trying to protome red shirt characters over the one that actually has megastardom growth potential. (Had to slip that in)
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-16-2021 at 09:16 AM.

  6. #4086
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if he has that much of a big rogues gallery.

    Tbh, I've never been sold on the idea of heroes needing their own rogues. Especially in the interconnected Marvel Universe



    Mutants like Goldballs make me think "Why?". Maybe I'm not familiar enough with him, but, why?
    He has Baron macabre, 6 million year man, the supremacists, solomon prey, King cadaver, on top of the usual klaw, kilmonger, M'Baku, and Achebe he now also has Tetu and Zenzi who just need good writer's to make them credibile. Rogue's help the heroes and give us those great stories and further Character development needed especially when it's personal. Having T'Challa show up to beat down rhino wouldn't make sense for instance

  7. #4087
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is Goldballs even supposed to be powerful?
    How long ago was that defeat, and still people complaining?

    Mind, I think Klaw's long outlived his usefulness as a villain, but come on. Everyone has bad showings.

  8. #4088
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That would be redjack

    He has the rogues Klaw, Mbaku, Killmonger, Madam Slay, and Achebe

    Thats enough right there and a completely diverse group.

    Rouge are important (ask Spiderman and baman) they help build up the hero. The problem is getting a writer tgat actually cares aboutusing continuity to build foward progress in a minority book.

    Instead marcel would rather do the bare minimum by simply letting it exist to feel altruistic. Kinda like what they are doing now in the MCU by trying to protome red shirt characters over the one that actually has megastardom growth potential. (Had to slip that in)
    But most of those villains are fairly minor people. IMO Spider-man is more of the exception. He has a bunch of recurring villains, while most Avengers don't. That doesn't stop the individual Avengers, like Black Panther, from being good characters

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How long ago was that defeat, and still people complaining?

    Mind, I think Klaw's long outlived his usefulness as a villain, but come on. Everyone has bad showings.
    Idk if he's outlived his usefulness if no one in this universe really goes away

  9. #4089
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That would be redjack

    He has the rogues Klaw, Mbaku, Killmonger, Madam Slay, and Achebe

    Thats enough right there and a completely diverse group.

    Rouge are important (ask Spiderman and baman) they help build up the hero. The problem is getting a writer tgat actually cares aboutusing continuity to build foward progress in a minority book.

    Instead marcel would rather do the bare minimum by simply letting it exist to feel altruistic. Kinda like what they are doing now in the MCU by trying to protome red shirt characters over the one that actually has megastardom growth potential. (Had to slip that in)
    In fairness, Spider-Man is a character that you can throw a million badguys up against, and see what sticks.

    I mean, his character is supposed to be 'Everyman', yet one of his most famous villains is an international spy.

    T'Challa's villains need to be more measured, because he logically should be surrounded by some degree of security all the time. Slyde isn't gonna bump into him on the street, after all. So he needs guys who either slip past his security without diminishing them (ala say, Deathstroke) or can overpower his mooks in a blitz (Klaw's usual MO)

  10. #4090
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How long ago was that defeat, and still people complaining?

    Mind, I think Klaw's long outlived his usefulness as a villain, but come on. Everyone has bad showings.
    All his showings tend to be bad showings lol

    He is recognizable enough to just be thrown in the background to get his ass kicked.

    Jessica Drew kicked him in the face in one of the Secret Empire books and in aother secret empire book... Moon Girl blasted him with... Water.

    Dude is bottom of the barrel lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #4091
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All his showings tend to be bad showings lol

    He is recognizable enough to just be thrown in the background to get his ass kicked.

    Jessica Drew kicked him in the face in one of the Secret Empire books and in aother secret empire book... Moon Girl blasted him with... Water.

    Dude is bottom of the barrel lol
    It's odd because he was entertaining in the movie but went out too quickly there also

  12. #4092
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's odd because he was entertaining in the movie but went out too quickly there also
    Klaw was completely wasted in the MCU. They could’ve had some C-list villain be one of his subordinates that T’Challa was trying to track down and saved Klaw himself for a sequel inspired by WiTBP. Or he could’ve at least survived the first film and be brought back in the future. Maybe they revive him though, but I doubt it.

  13. #4093
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Klaw was completely wasted in the MCU. They could’ve had some C-list villain be one of his subordinates that T’Challa was trying to track down and saved Klaw himself for a sequel inspired by WiTBP. Or he could’ve at least survived the first film and be brought back in the future. Maybe they revive him though, but I doubt it.
    Yeah, MCU still has the whole killing off villains problem, although less so now. We didn't get to see him fully use his sonic powers. Instead we got "hero vs villain with same powers"
    Last edited by Mik; 04-16-2021 at 10:23 AM.

  14. #4094
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if he has that much of a big rogues gallery.

    Tbh, I've never been sold on the idea of heroes needing their own rogues. Especially in the interconnected Marvel Universe



    Mutants like Goldballs make me think "Why?". Maybe I'm not familiar enough with him, but, why?
    It’s fine to have him tangle with Kraven or Morlun every so often, but I’d argue Marvel as a whole needs more villains beyond the ones you see get attention all the time: The Spidey Rogues, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Thanos, etc. And T’Challa can’t just be fighting Killmonger and Klaue all the time, gotta revamp old ones and occasionally create new ones.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #4095
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s fine to have him tangle with Kraven or Morlun every so often, but I’d argue Marvel as a whole needs more villains beyond the ones you see get attention all the time: The Spidey Rogues, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Thanos, etc.
    I agree they need to build villains outside of those. frankly I always thought it was short-sighted of Marvel to give one hero most of the main villains. Spidey mainly lives in New York, so why does he need three arch-nemeses?

    I just feel a hero isn't any less because they lack villains

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •