Page 71 of 288 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4320
  1. #1051
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe, but during the same period, thanks to the MCU popularity, we got stuff like Ghost Panther, Rise of the Black Panther, BP vs DP, T'challa leading the Avengers, T'challa being part of the plant people event, and such.
    Oh certainly...we got some pretty interesting stuff. OTHER THAN the damned ongoing comic book.
    Hopefully, thanks to the memory of the popularity of the movie, we will finally get an ongoing book of worth and value and interest.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  2. #1052
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is why I push back against the idea this was motivated by money and not emotion. I can 100% buy Disney would go in your direction because it probably disrupts their plans a lot less than killing off or otherwise sidelining a character that was being positioned as the lead of their new generation. But I can also buy them kowtowing to what Coogler wanted because he was emotionally devastated by Boseman’s passing and wanted to use the sequel to memorialize his friend.

    What would they do if the director that got them an Oscar and headlines their biggest solo superhero franchise didn’t want to push forward with someone new? Fire him? After just losing the star of the franchise? Coogler and the cast/creators had all the cards in their hands with this decision, no way Disney is forcing them to do something that they didn’t want to do. The optics alone if that were to ever be leaked would condemn the sequel to eternal controversy. This wasn’t a Disney decision, it was a Coogler and co. decision made in a very emotional state with an undercurrent of greed because Disney wants that BP money ASAP. As long as there’s a black person in that suit by the end of the sequel they’ll be happy given the circumstances.


    Cosigned. That what i believe happened and what i believe will happen is that Shuri will be queen and MochaelBKollmonger will be the new Black Panther taking the lead male role under Coogler (who admitted to not loving the character of Tchalla when he was learning about this franchise.)

  3. #1053
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is why I push back against the idea this was motivated by money and not emotion. I can 100% buy Disney would go in your direction because it probably disrupts their plans a lot less than killing off or otherwise sidelining a character that was being positioned as the lead of their new generation. But I can also buy them kowtowing to what Coogler wanted because he was emotionally devastated by Bosemanís passing and wanted to use the sequel to memorialize his friend.

    What would they do if the director that got them an Oscar and headlines their biggest solo superhero franchise didnít want to push forward with someone new? Fire him? After just losing the star of the franchise? Coogler and the cast/creators had all the cards in their hands with this decision, no way Disney is forcing them to do something that they didnít want to do. The optics alone if that were to ever be leaked would condemn the sequel to eternal controversy. This wasnít a Disney decision, it was a Coogler and co. decision made in a very emotional state with an undercurrent of greed because Disney wants that BP money ASAP. As long as thereís a black person in that suit by the end of the sequel theyíll be happy given the circumstances.
    I disagree, I believe it's 100% money driven. Because Disney didn't bother to postpone scheduling and wanted to keep going, Ontop of the emotions felt by Coogler and Co furthering the idea that no one can replace Chad as it hasn't even been 6 months since his passing and look at all that's been said about the sequel.

    I mean look at how many movies had/ were having sequels and such before the next BP movie? It was already going to be about 3-4 years after the first that we would of seen bp 2 minimum before isht hit the fan in the world and Chad's passing. I doubt they wouldn't of been so out out if they delayed it a little bit longer/ went the tv show route to give time.

    It's like RJ said, hollywood don't give a flying isht about respect or sentiments. Just look T all the shady Isht that has taken place and still happens in Hollywood. Of they did there would of been 1 Batman, super man, bond, etc. Ledger would of been the final Joker as well. So it's all lip service. Marvel might care slightly more, but ultimately this ain't about respect

  4. #1054
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh certainly...we got some pretty interesting stuff. OTHER THAN the damned ongoing comic book.
    Hopefully, thanks to the memory of the popularity of the movie, we will finally get an ongoing book of worth and value and interest.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #1055
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A Kingdom of Wakanda show makes the most sense as a Game of Thrones-style series with multiple POVs across several institutions and walks of life.
    Man, this may be unpopular, I don't think any series can get close to matching a "GoT" style series because too many people don't wanna admit a lot of the appeal of GoT is R/X rated lol.

    "political intrigue" without the threat of decapitation/poisoning/killing babies (aka shocking) stuff with a dose of high fantasy (undead, dragons) and a dash of sex... just doesn't hit the same.

    Can you really do "GoT" type stuff when you know the line of Bashenga is unbroken?

    You could NOW do a GoT style type of thing with T'challa dead I suppose. But the amount of balls it would take would be unprecedented and you would basically be letting Coogler make up a completely original show/movie with Wakanda as the setting. Where the tribes see a chance to finally break the line of Bashenga and take the throne and they are all doing their part to get their by any means necessary. All while Shuri, the last of the line, fights like hell to stop it... but it is the Queen Mother doing stuff behind the scenes.

    But at that point, you aren't writing "comic book Wakanda," you are making Black Game of Thrones, without the boobs because Disney lol.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  6. #1056
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Point Man: "Run out the clock!"


    Post Thanos snap this version of the MCU has seen better days!


    WandaVision is okay but a slight on the predictable side!


    All the other MCU movies should be wrapping up loose ends and finishing out their own trilogies... Captain Marvel 2 and 3, Doctor Strange 2 and 3, GoTG 3, Spiderman 3, Atman and Wasp... Eternals, Shang Chi, Falcon and Winter Soldier are probably in The Mandalorian zone as Disney+ productions!


    With the Fantastic Four and the X-men imminent do you really want to introduce them without ironman (Downey Jr) and Captain America (Chris Evans) let alone a Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) absent by default!


    Certain actors and actresses are getting up there in age and starting to push Logan type appearance numbers so better to recast across the board and begin fresh with new blood!


    Also... This pandemic is a wonderful excuse to renew characters who already have the burden of replacing iconic celebrities like Boseman!


    Besides... You could even explore a different version of T'challa and bring back his self tech upgrades that were passed over to Shuri and maybe even not have her as a character in that else world to keep things distinct!


    One more thing... The Black Panther was confined to the "Thanos is coming" lane and had to play nice with the rest of the Infinity Saga 23 films but a new Black Panther would have more freedom to breathe in a reboot!


    Point Man: "Black Panther... Significant Other/Love Interest... Rogues Gallery... Wakanda... Period!"
    Get Hectic!

  7. #1057
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    BP2 be damned!
    My more immediate and hand-wringing concern is why in Bast's name have they not released any information on whether or not BP will continue under a new creative team come May 2021?
    It's taken almost a year to put out the last two issues of Coates run. Just. 2. issues.

    They don't seem to be in any hurry to announce a new solo. It makes me a little concerned about what they have planned. If they try to launch a BP title without T'Challa or another World of Wakanda type book, then we're frakked and so is T'Challa. They could be trying to bring another writer outside of comics to come in and give their take on the dysfunctional country of Wakanda and it's reluctant, fragile king.

    I can't believe it's been 10 years since we had a good BP solo comic. Thank you David Liss wherever you are.

  8. #1058
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's taken almost a year to put out the last two issues of Coates run. Just. 2. issues.

    They don't seem to be in any hurry to announce a new solo. It makes me a little concerned about what they have planned. If they try to launch a BP title without T'Challa or another World of Wakanda type book, then we're frakked and so is T'Challa. They could be trying to bring another writer outside of comics to come in and give their take on the dysfunctional country of Wakanda and it's reluctant, fragile king.

    I can't believe it's been 10 years since we had a good BP solo comic. Thank you David Liss wherever you are.
    Prolly going to let Aaron finish his story before worrying about it. BP fans can buy Avengers.

    If he even gets a book. I don't think there is a single non-Xmen related book of a character that isn't in the MCU or going to be very soon.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  9. #1059
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, this may be unpopular, I don't think any series can get close to matching a "GoT" style series because too many people don't wanna admit a lot of the appeal of GoT is R/X rated lol.

    "political intrigue" without the threat of decapitation/poisoning/killing babies (aka shocking) stuff with a dose of high fantasy (undead, dragons) and a dash of sex... just doesn't hit the same.

    Can you really do "GoT" type stuff when you know the line of Bashenga is unbroken?

    You could NOW do a GoT style type of thing with T'challa dead I suppose. But the amount of balls it would take would be unprecedented and you would basically be letting Coogler make up a completely original show/movie with Wakanda as the setting. Where the tribes see a chance to finally break the line of Bashenga and take the throne and they are all doing their part to get their by any means necessary. All while Shuri, the last of the line, fights like hell to stop it... but it is the Queen Mother doing stuff behind the scenes.

    But at that point, you aren't writing "comic book Wakanda," you are making Black Game of Thrones, without the boobs because Disney lol.
    You know nothing, Mindofshadow.

    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

  10. #1060
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Respectfully bro, do you not think your doing the same kind of projecting that you're accusing others of per this statement :

    All of these things you're saying are just projected and idealised notions onto people in an industry you're not part of because of what you want. Not every actor is in it for money and fame, and that isn't even guaranteed. If being Chadwick's replacement while honouring was as easy as you paint it out to be then why haven't any of these black actors said anything about it? Why haven't they protested Marvel's decision? Why aren't they putting their names out there? Answer me that.

    How do you know actors haven't tried going for the role of T'Challa only to be rebuffed? Furthermore how do we know that Feige is resolute to not have another T'Challa and isn't allowing for people to go for the role. Facts and reality have proven Hollywood is drive by money, not emotion or sentiment.
    I gave John David Washington as an example. He's the top choice from everyone and yet his own words essentially boil down to "No one can replace Chadwick Boseman." Did you purposefully ignore that part?

    I never said I know anything. I asked questions that that themselves question the validity of the idea that there are many black actors who actually want the role. I need us to understand that us saying on a forum that an actor can do something doesn't mean that said actor wants to do that very thing we say he can do. Saying JDW or any other actor can play the role now doesn't mean that right now they actually want to. I could say that you would be a great violinist, and theoretically you could be a great violinist if you put in the right amount of time into it. But do you want to be a violinist? I don't know, maybe you do, maybe you don't. But it would be wrong for me to say that you want to be a violinist simply because I said so. Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You keep saying no actor wants this job but you don't have any proof the same way that I don't have any proof Of the opposite Period the only proof I have is that actors like to Make money Period just like Disney likes to make money which is why they're pushing the sequel out there to begin with Despite their whole grieving process that they claim to have. You're projecting your feelings onto other actors In fact All actors in Hollywood for some reason. My argument isn't based on feelings It's based on the fact that actors Act And the bigger the role the more people that want it . Nobody in Hollywood doesn't want a big role No matter how they get it Unless they're already high up on the food chain And we can only name about two black actors Who fit that description . You keep saying it's too tragic to move on from Chadwick Boseman While at the same time ignoring the fact That Marvel Is quickly moving on without Chadwick Boseman And his character Inside his own universe . They clearly don't share your level of grief .

    If Marvel did a casting call today Do you think nobody would show up to be a lead character in the most lucrative movie franchise they have?
    Respectfully, that's not how the burden of proof works. You are the one that first said "There are many talented young black actors that would jump at the role." You're reasoning for that is because they all want money and fame. When I then asked you to name these actors, you're now telling me you don't have proof. So you're contradicting yourself now? Because the statements you made were written definitely as if they were facts, but when asked to present evidence of your factual claims, now you don't have proof?

    Where is the evidence that all actors want money and fame? Actually now present to me a substantial amount of young black actors that are acting for money and fame alone, since you say it's "facts" that it's all the want. And I never said no actor wants this job. I asked you to name the actors that you know want the job, since you said there are many. Surely you can name one at least. Surely they will be campaigning on social media, no? That is what many up-and-coming actors do on social media these days. Simu Liu who was cast as Shang-Chi campaigned on Twitter, and Asian actors also campaigned. Where is T'Challa's campaign? Where are the young, talented black actors showing their passion on the internet? You're the one that said they exist so the burden of proof is not on me but on you, since you first made the claim. I rebutted it by asking for evidence, because currently literally no actor is even talking about this role publicly. Meanwhile I've already provided evidence that the top choice probably won't do it.

    I think some of you are purposefully ignoring that I've said multiple times that I want a recast, so I'll say it loud and clear:

    I, Blind Wedjat, want a recast of the role of T'Challa in the MCU. As a BP fan I don't think it's fair that my favourite character is being shelved despite the truly unfortunate circumstances. I want a recast and I think Aldis Hodge would be a great choice. I also think Atandwa Kani (who played Younger T'Chaka) would be a good choice too. I wished Marvel at least delayed the film so it'll give people time to accept a new choice or that T'Challa may or may not be coming back anymore.

    Now, just because that's what I want, doesn't mean that it's gonna happen. It doesn't mean that the parties involved to make it happen will see things the same way that I do. I think Aldis Hodge would be a good choice, but Aldis Hodge might not want to do it out of respect right now. Or, he might not want to do it because he doesn't want to deal with being compared to someone else. Or maybe he thinks there would be too much controversy and backlash. Or maybe he would feel intimidated as the new guy coming to lead a tightly knit cast and crew. Those are all possibilities that you guys are deliberately choosing to ignore for your own personal reasons. You're acting like actors aren't human beings that will just do whatever their told for money. And Black Panther isn't the only role for black actors that exists, you know? And that's just on the actor alone, without considering what the cast wants, what Coogler wants and what Feige wants.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 02-02-2021 at 02:25 PM.

  11. #1061
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Prolly going to let Aaron finish his story before worrying about it. BP fans can buy Avengers.

    If he even gets a book. I don't think there is a single non-Xmen related book of a character that isn't in the MCU or going to be very soon.
    Yeah, that looks like all that we're going to have. Gonna have to keep an eye on when some other titles will be coming up for relaunch like Captain America and Captain Marvel. Marvel likes to release a batch of new No. 1s together. Maybe he'll get lumped in with those. Maybe by fall/winter.

  12. #1062
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    They should have recast it. James Bond. Captain Kirk. James Rhodes. Daredevil. Batman. Superman. The Flash. Etc.

    It is not "disrespect" to an actor or an audience to recast a role, any role, even one the actor originated, if the actor is, for some reason, unable or unwilling to continue.

    Also, in my experience, zero decisions in "Hollywood" are made because of respect or sentiment. Zero.

    A company has a plan. The plan takes hits from various factors, sometimes including death. The plan adjusts to deal with the hits but, on the whole, unless the BRAND is tarnished in some way (rape allegations for the lead actor/director/producer or some actual criminal conviction) the plan stays the same.

    The plan is abandoned when it stops making money.

    The end.

    Everything contrary to that is spin.
    Quoted for the simple truth.
    Black Lives Matter.

  13. #1063
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, this may be unpopular, I don't think any series can get close to matching a "GoT" style series because too many people don't wanna admit a lot of the appeal of GoT is R/X rated lol.

    "political intrigue" without the threat of decapitation/poisoning/killing babies (aka shocking) stuff with a dose of high fantasy (undead, dragons) and a dash of sex... just doesn't hit the same.

    Can you really do "GoT" type stuff when you know the line of Bashenga is unbroken?

    You could NOW do a GoT style type of thing with T'challa dead I suppose. But the amount of balls it would take would be unprecedented and you would basically be letting Coogler make up a completely original show/movie with Wakanda as the setting. Where the tribes see a chance to finally break the line of Bashenga and take the throne and they are all doing their part to get their by any means necessary. All while Shuri, the last of the line, fights like hell to stop it... but it is the Queen Mother doing stuff behind the scenes.

    But at that point, you aren't writing "comic book Wakanda," you are making Black Game of Thrones, without the boobs because Disney lol.
    I don't think you're wrong or necessarily saying anything unpopular but a GOT-style direction has merit imo. You make a good point that the mature content in GOT helped up its appeal (especially among casuals) but I think a well done World of Wakanda series could take that basic structure and do something great with it in its own way. A show about an ensemble cast from different institutions and walks of life all tying into some grand story deciding the fate of an afrofuturist kingdom has potential. With or without sex scenes and decapitation lol.

    If anything I think the bigger barrier the show would face is how deep they can go into the politicking and power plays. GOT had really complex political maneuvers but you can't really pull that on what would basically have to be a kids show. And like you said, you're basically inventing storylines out of thin air if you go in that direction, all Coogler really has to work with is the lore. You're right that a GOT-inspired World of Wakanda series would basically be a kiddy-version of that series, but if it's pulled off right it might be something great despite that. One could argue it may even have more appeal.

  14. #1064
    Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Bangor
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I definitely think eventually they will re-cast TíChalla, but Iím good with them not trying to push that just yet, yes I know heís the black panther, but Coogler did an excellent job with the first film, so Iím willing to see what he does with the next film, even if it doesnít have TíChalla

    And then who knows, maybe for the third film, they can have a new actor playing the character again, by then it will have been 6-7 years

  15. #1065
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't think you're wrong or necessarily saying anything unpopular but a GOT-style direction has merit imo. You make a good point that the mature content in GOT helped up its appeal (especially among casuals) but I think a well done World of Wakanda series could take that basic structure and do something great with it in its own way. A show about an ensemble cast from different institutions and walks of life all tying into some grand story deciding the fate of an afrofuturist kingdom has potential. With or without sex scenes and decapitation lol.

    If anything I think the bigger barrier the show would face is how deep they can go into the politicking and power plays. GOT had really complex political maneuvers but you can't really pull that on what would basically have to be a kids show. And like you said, you're basically inventing storylines out of thin air if you go in that direction, all Coogler really has to work with is the lore. You're right that a GOT-inspired World of Wakanda series would basically be a kiddy-version of that series, but if it's pulled off right it might be something great despite that. One could argue it may even have more appeal.
    I don't think they're going to focus too much on the throne in a D+ series. There will be politics but I think this will be more of an espionage/thriller type show featuring Doras and HZ with the occasional mention of the king/queen. With SWORD popping up and Falcon and Winter Soldier, there's a lot of politics to be played.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •