Page 29 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes but the level of success varies. Just like BP II will be successful as well. By disney/marvel standards it will be a success... By Black Panther I standards remains to be seen. Even of Chad was still alive it would be tough to best BPs lightning in a bottle set up. But it needs to hit high 800k ww atleast for the sequel to be considered a success to its predecessor. Which I have doubts it will

The metrics have changed in this post covid-19 world. I think the days of movies hitting a billion in theaters might be over for at least 5 or 10 years. We saw what just happened with Wonder Woman where they declared it a success immediately despite numbers and critique saying otherwise

Reasonably cool T'Challa scene in next week's Avengers:

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...rs-41-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    just gonna set this here for ya.

ROAR
    Already the best comic ive read all year based on the interview lol

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Reasonably cool T'Challa scene in next week's Avengers:

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...rs-41-preview/
    This scares me. They better not pull a "lets make him thw Phoenix to remove him from wakanda"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This scares me. They better not pull a "lets make him thw Phoenix to remove him from wakanda"
    At first I was impressed, but given what you said, now I’m thinking Marvel is gonna go full stupid and use this as a way to get him out of Wakanda as a way to have synergy with the MCU now that Chadwick is gone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

ROAR
    The ONLY reason I'm still giving this comic a look despite her appearance is because it's you and I know your feelings on the pairing. Looking forward to this but cautious. I hope by the end of this we have a great T'Challa story where he remains king of Wakanda.

But those solicits do give me the impression T'Challa is shirking his royal duties to help out the weather witch and I find that deeply discomforting.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-14-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    At first I was impressed, but given what you said, now I’m thinking Marvel is gonna go full stupid and use this as a way to get him out of Wakanda as a way to have synergy with the MCU now that Chadwick is gone.
    Yea, I think Marvel knows they'd get **** for straight up killing off T'Challa in the comics, but I could definitely imagine them writing a situation where he gives up the throne. Maybe this upcoming relaunch is not supposed to feature T'Challa as the Black Panther...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, I think Marvel knows they'd get **** for straight up killing off T'Challa in the comics, but I could definitely imagine them writing a situation where he gives up the throne. Maybe this upcoming relaunch is not supposed to feature T'Challa as the Black Panther...
    They're not killing off Tchalla in the comics good Lord y'all are paranoid..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I literally said that lol. But instead of killing him I assume that for synergy's sake they might sideline him for a year or two so someone else can take the mantle (likely Shuri or an OC). Once the sales prove mediocre enough (like they nearly always do) they'll bring him back.

They could remove T'Challa by having him willingly give up the throne or being banished by the constitutional council. Plenty of ways to stop T'Challa from being BP while keeping him alive and avoiding the blowback of killing of Marvel's premier black hero. That's far off though, if Marvel goes that route it'll probably be after BP2 drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post

They literally removed him from his Solo movie-verse after one outting. Some paranoia might be justified. You can say well that's just the movies but tell me how many times you seen "Wakanda forever" in a comic book before 2018
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-14-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The ONLY reason I'm still giving this comic a look despite her appearance is because it's you and I know your feelings on the pairing. Looking forward to this but cautious. I hope by the end of this we have a great T'Challa story where he remains king of Wakanda.

But those solicits do give me the impression T'Challa is shirking his royal duties to help out the weather witch and I find that deeply discomforting.
    You will have a great T'Challa story.

Guaranteed.

Im not worried about Storm under a good writter. I doubt we see the wakandan ppl on their knees again praying for her to save them

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Just cause I wanna egg Ekie on (a guy disagree with 99% of the time about the OG movie) and maybe see what GIF reaction DBOI posts.

John Campea theorizes Steve Rogers may join Black Panther 2 for a small part to help bring some star power since they are not recasting T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Im not worried about Storm under a good writter. I doubt we see the wakandan ppl on their knees again praying for her to save them
    that scene does not appear in this book.

ROAR
    I share chiefs sentiments that I don't really care to see Storm. But again like chief said we know where you stand with it so I know this is going to be good. I have full confidence that your going to come correct.