Page 940 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950990 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hedging my bets on the new OC secretly working with the villain. All leading up to a hopeful world war Wakanda event.
    I hope not. I don't think we need anymore "infighting" in Wakanda. More than anything, Wakanda needs to be united and not dealing with internal strife. T'Challa would look even more incompetent if someone he trusted to look after and protect Wakanda has been secretly working with villains to tear it down.

I hope these 10 agents who are supposed to be Wakandas best are fully fleshed out, compelling and diverse characters. That could be a great addition to Wakandas roster should a Wakanda vs Group/Country/World event pops up.

I want mutants and powered beings and genetically altered characters not just skilled soldiers in suits.
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-05-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope not. I don't think we need anymore "infighting" in Wakanda. More than anything, Wakanda needs to be united and not dealing with internal strife. T'Challa would look even more incompetent if someone he trusted to look after and protect Wakanda has been secretly working with villains to tear it down.
    We have seen a lot of intra-Wakandan violence lately. To his credit Coates kinda added some flavor to the equation, first it was Wakandan terrorists, then Wakandan Native Americans, then we got Space Wakandans lol. Ridley would probably benefit from not having the villains be vengeful Wakandans but it is what it is at this point. At least he brought in that retro espionage element, and if they do turn out to be Wakandan we could get some new lore.

It’s crazy T’Challa hasn’t fought a standard supervillain in a minute in the pages of his own book, it’s been an unending wave of Wakandans trying to dethrone him. Hell I’m still surprised that Marvel hasn’t had him fight white supremacists yet. It’d definitely be low hanging fruit but at least it’d be something we haven’t seen in a while.

Astonishing Member

Hedging my bets on the new OC secretly working with the villain. All leading up to a hopeful world war Wakanda event.
    T’Challa doesn’t have a Red Hood figure in his mythos and I think an anti-hero former spy would work well. Maybe they start out a villain but end up seeing the error of their ways and help in the final conflict. I’m also partial to the idea of them being the champion of another tribe and god from Wakanda who the Councjl tries to establish as a replacement for the Black Panther.

It doesn't have to be in fighting, it could literally be T'Challa has to sneak back onto Wakanda and stop on the villain ala EMH style.

The "protector" is super charismatic and wins the popular vote in this parliament, everyone thinks this person is so great, T'Challa goes ain't imma head out then and protect the world and Wakanda, they learn that then"protector" and his party start stirring up isht they don't like, things go go isht they call out to T'Challa "My King my King!" T'Challa comes back, whoops their asses, everyone goes "Long live the king!" T'Challa is back as the Sole power and Wakanda goes back to being a Monarch Which worked for 10k+ year's without issue before Coates frakked it up with his stupid story.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-05-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We have seen a lot of intra-Wakandan violence lately. To his credit Coates kinda added some flavor to the equation, first it was Wakandan terrorists, then Wakandan Native Americans, then we got Space Wakandans lol. Ridley would probably benefit from not having the villains be vengeful Wakandans but it is what it is at this point. At least he brought in that retro espionage element, and if they do turn out to be Wakandan we could get some new lore.

It’s crazy T’Challa hasn’t fought a standard supervillain in a minute in the pages of his own book, it’s been an unending wave of Wakandans trying to dethrone him. Hell I’m still surprised that Marvel hasn’t had him fight white supremacists yet. It’d definitely be low hanging fruit but at least it’d be something we haven’t seen in a while.
    Well if they want to do a commentary on the current plague of white nationalist groups, now would be a good time to dust off the supremacists.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah... Anyways not to go down depression lane again...

Do y'all think that this story will lead to T'Challa off the Avengers book or do you think he will focus his efforts fulltime and leave the protection of WK to this new OC?
    Maybe for a few issues but it's hard to tell where this storyline fits in the timeline for the Avengers book because of the delays

Won't be surprised if the OC and the Prime Minister are involved if not both then one. Expecting T'Challa to "screw up" and the PM and the parliament announce a new hero to replace the Black Panther's role of defending Wakanda.

With the right creative team WWW could work as one of the big summer event stories marvel typically does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I hope these 10 agents who are supposed to be Wakandas best are fully fleshed out, compelling and diverse characters. That could be a great addition to Wakandas roster should a Wakanda vs Group/Country/World event pops up.

I want mutants and powered beings and genetically altered characters not just skilled soldiers in suits.
    Mutants and other powered beings would be great. And I think it would be great to have an inhuman Wakandan stationed in Utolan (if it’s still around for that matter). But sadly Marvel is done with the Inhumans for the foreseeable future. Hell I’m not even sure they survived the Death of the Inhumans event.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa doesn’t have a Red Hood figure in his mythos and I think an anti-hero former spy would work well. Maybe they start out a villain but end up seeing the error of their ways and help in the final conflict. I’m also partial to the idea of them being the champion of another tribe and god from Wakanda who the Councjl tries to establish as a replacement for the Black Panther.
    I always saw Hunter as the Red Hood of the Mythos until he crossed the point of no return. I still think he’s the Kylo Ren looking dude.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Won't be surprised if the OC and the Prime Minister are involved if not both then one. Expecting T'Challa to "screw up" and the PM and the parliament announce a new hero to replace the Black Panther's role of defending Wakanda.
    I mean, this would be a good way to end the democracy in Wakanda if they wanted to go this route.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, this would be a good way to end the democracy in Wakanda if they wanted to go this route.
    They should, a democratic Wakanda is stupid. It was dumb when Coates introduced it, and it is dumb now, atleast Ridley is criticizing it with legit complaints instead of acting like it's the greatest thing ever of all time

It doesn't have to be in fighting, it could literally be T'Challa has to sneak back onto Wakanda and stop on the villain ala EMH style.

The "protector" is super charismatic and wins the popular vote in this parliament, everyone thinks this person is so great, T'Challa goes ain't imma head out then and protect the world and Wakanda, they learn that then"protector" and his party start stirring up isht they don't like, things go go isht they call out to T'Challa "My King my King!" T'Challa comes back, whoops their asses, everyone goes "Long live the king!" T'Challa is back as the Sole power and Wakanda goes back to being a Monarch Which worked for 10k+ year's without issue before Coates frakked it up with his stupid story.
    Still too much inner turmoil for me. That's becoming SOP for writers when they work on the solo. "A threat from within Wakanda blah, blah, blah..."

They should, a democratic Wakanda is stupid. It was dumb when Coates introduced it, and it is dumb now, atleast Ridley is criticizing it with legit complaints instead of acting like it's the greatest thing ever of all time
    A democratic Wakanda would make the country dysfunctional in the MU. We start to get dumb, shady characters doing dumb, shady isht.

A democratic Wakanda would make the country dysfunctional in the MU. We start to get dumb, shady characters doing dumb, shady isht.
    It doesn't make sent because Wakanda is as close to a utopia ad possible, and democratic governments aren't perfect at all, too much conflict between parties and little or very slow actions to problems. And then yes you get shady characters doing shady isht. I really want a new group, I hope this organization targeting the agent's is an outside Force with actual superpowered beings and doesn't get completely wiped out. We need to see Wakanda flexing and showcasing Their tech NOT against other Wakandans

It doesn't make sent because Wakanda is as close to a utopia ad possible, and democratic governments aren't perfect at all, too much conflict between parties and little or very slow actions to problems. And then yes you get shady characters doing shady isht. I really want a new group, I hope this organization targeting the agent's is an outside Force with actual superpowered beings and doesn't get completely wiped out. We need to see Wakanda flexing and showcasing Their tech NOT against other Wakandans
    And you know that they're eventually going to be corrupt officials in the gov't and backstabbing and all of the other dirty little things they can come up with. I don't want to read about a Wakanda like that.