Page 616 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Marvel to open mini studio for animation projects.
    https://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-animation/
    Nice. Hopefully T'Challa comes back to us there. It's another way to push him back into the households of people all over. If they can get Thorne back in house they could do some real good stuff. I loved panther quest but for me what held it back was the animation. Marvel needs to get on that Young Justice level animation

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well... storm would be one way to blunt the effect of loss of box office. She would generate the buzz

This could be the darkest timeline yet. Bast have mercy please
    That would be entirely stupid because there's no connection for Storm except for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    And Im good with that. I loved seeing so many black women win in the 1st film. Its just becoming kinda one sided. I'd be one thing if TChalla was back..
    Isn't this what the casual fans and the feminists want?

Astonishing Member

And Im good with that. I loved seeing so many black women win in the 1st film. Its just becoming kinda one sided. I'd be one thing if TChalla was back..
    People who were expecting the movie to be anything other than "black girl magic" after Boseman passed weren't being realistic lol. Outside T'Challa and Killmonger, the most relevant characters in the first film were black women. With them gone and the villain being a Latino and the likely lead being a black woman, the role black men can be expected to play isn't nearly as substantial as before. That's just basic math. They're neither the lead or the main villain and they're outnumbered in the supporting cast.

And with the spin-off almost certainly being focused on the Dora, this will bleed into the D+ series as well. Though it's been rumored there will be more than one series so who knows if there will be any BP projects that center black males. But it was obvious the direction of BP post-Boseman was effectively black Wonder Woman. I'd say they barely had much of a choice in the matter, most of who they had left over were women and it's not like people are dying to see more of W'Kabi and Ross lol. Though with Kaluuya's rising stock in Hollywood he might get more to do in the franchise moving forward.

I suspect Coel is either playing Madame Slay, Zenzi, or Aneka. I think she's too old (and not up to snuff aesthetically) to play Storm given the likely direction they'll go in for the MCU with the X-Men. And because she'd only be playing a secondary role I'd bet she ends up playing a bigger part in the D+ series.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Gonna need more than black girl magic to stop that film from really under performing once the Gators and other suspects go after it. Since they won't touch Brie Larson again.
    I have no problem at all with black girl magic. I DO however, have a problem that for whatever reason, In order to have p
    Black girl magic, Black boys have to be sacrificed in the process.. it's dumb as hell.

But also ultimately I don't care for all the gymnastics for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Kratos God of War's voice actor posted this today after previously saying he was part of the anti recast movement until his kids talked him into it basically joining the recast T'Challa movement unofficially lol
    Kratos has always been invited to the barbecue

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamchrisj...70320682225667
    Attachment 111704

The character's existence carries to chalas Legacy Forward for generations like other beloved actors have had. Tossing a generic side character in the suit plus a funeral scene before you plow forward with other characters and their actors does not.
    This right here. I hope that, like Judge, other people start realizing you can honor Chadwick as he will go down as the OG GOAT Black Panther while continuing the legacy of T'CHALLA.
    No one is going to remember T'Challa if he is killed off with Chad. They will continue on with whomever they push going forward and he would be forgotten ad his story isnt being told anymore

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    People who were expecting the movie to be anything other than "black girl magic" after Boseman passed weren't being realistic lol. Outside T'Challa and Killmonger, the most relevant characters in the first film were black women. With them gone and the villain being a Latino and the likely lead being a black woman, the role black men can be expected to play isn't nearly as substantial as before. That's just basic math.

And with the spin-off almost certainly being focused on the Dora, this will bleed into the D+ series as well. Though it's been rumored there will be more than one series so who knows if there will be any BP projects that center black males. But it was obvious the direction of BP post-Boseman was effectively black Wonder Woman. I'd say they barely had much of a choice in the matter, most of who they had left over were women and it's not like people are dying to see more of W'Kabi and Ross lol. Though with Kaluuya's rising stock in Hollywood he might get more to do in the franchise moving forward.

I suspect Coel is either playing Madame Slay, Zenzi, or Aneka. I think she's too old (and not up to snuff aesthetically) to play Storm given the likely direction they'll go in for the MCU with the X-Men. And because she'd only be playing a secondary role I'd bet she ends up playing a bigger part in the D+ series.

They basically killed most of the male characters in the first film and now the rumor is that they are going to kill T'Challa. I should have seen this coming but oh well.

I hope this means a separate universe/continuity similar to the New 52 DCAU so we can get at least get T'Challa on the small screen since he won't be in the MCU anymore. Until we learn more, this sounds like it will be animated content part of the MCU.

I don't completely hate the animation style of What if but I do hope for quality animation like Powerhouse Animation Studio that did Castlevania and Studio Mir that did The Boondocks, Young Justice, Black Dynamite, Korea, and the Witcher anime movie. But that doesn't seem to be likely.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-21-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They basically killed most of the male characters in the first film and now the rumor is that they are going to kill T'Challa. I should have seen this coming but oh well.
    They didn't necessarily kill them off with the exception of Zuri, who was always going to be a tertiary character IMO. They just prioritized black women in the supporting cast, which is entirely fair and good to do because black boys/men already had folks that look like them playing the main lead and the main antagonist. I'm perfectly fine with W'Kabi and M'Baku taking a backseat to Shuri and Okoye in screentime/marketing.

It's just a cruel set of unfortunate circumstances that have created a situation where you likely will no longer have a black male lead/villain, and in a sea of supporting characters you only have 1 half decent black male character (M'Baku). That's why I'm not upset about the gender ratio and it's not the reason I'm on the fence about the sequel, the lack of T'Challa is.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Michaela Coel joined the sequel. Seen a couple people think that she will be the new BP or Storm.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/m...mpression=true
    Time-variant T'challa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Time-variant T'challa?
    *heavy sighs*
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I really hope they start allowing stuff to not be so damn tied to the MCU considering I don’t like MCU Hulk and T’Challa seems to getting killed off alas. I’d be less heated about T’Challa’s situation in the movies if I had other avenues to get my fix.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Isn't this what the casual fans and the feminists want?
    Yea they loving it on twitter right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    *heavy sighs*
    Remember the 4chan rumor that a female Black Panther would be in Doctor Strange 2, lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I hope this means a separate universe/continuity similar to the New 52 DCAU so we can get at least get T'Challa on the small screen since he won't be in the MCU anymore. Until we learn more, this sounds like it will be animated content part of the MCU.

I don't completely hate the animation style of What if but I do hope for quality animation like Powerhouse Animation Studio that did Castlevania and Studio Mir that did The Boondocks, Young Justice, Black Dynamite, Korea, and the Witcher anime movie. But that doesn't seem to be likely.
    Yea I think this is more MCU content but in animated form. I wouldn't be surprised if it works similar to how the animated Star Wars content does, filling in the gaps of the timeline with new and interesting stories with characters on the margins.

And the occasional showing of what the big time heroes are up to. Like I could easily see a limited series about the Ravagers and their adventures in space. Or a Thor prequel series focusing on his younger days in the Viking era. I kinda doubt this is gonna be where we get a Young Justice or DCAU Marvel universe. I'd love to be wrong though lol.

Ultimate Member

Yea they loving it on twitter right now.

Remember the 4chan rumor that a female Black Panther would be in Doctor Strange 2, lol
    Of course they are because that is all they can do.............

Because when it comes out you will see the greatest gymnastic routines known to MAN by them to NOT support it.

You can't keep yelling for this stuff and not support it.

Folks showed up for Carol, WW and Widow (to the best of their abilities).

Issue here is you see all those cheers, fake woke articles and memes because there is no COST to do them. Yet when it's time to shell out the money-where are they?

What will be the excuse? Some black man in the cast not having a black wife? Not even dark skinned women? Shuri not lusting after a white man? Not enough merchandise?

When it underperforms SOMEHOW it's every black man on the planet's fault or white supremacy. LOL guess who were the MAIN ones who supported it?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I think this is more MCU content but in animated form. I wouldn't be surprised if it works similar to how the animated Star Wars content does, filling in the gaps of the timeline with new and interesting stories with characters on the margins.

And the occasional showing of what the big time heroes are up to. Like I could easily see a limited series about the Ravagers and their adventures in space. Or a Thor prequel series focusing on his younger days in the Viking era. I kinda doubt this is gonna be where we get a Young Justice or DCAU Marvel universe. I'd love to be wrong though lol.
    God no, adaptations are at their best when they do their own thing and don’t copy the movies (case in point, PS4 Spider-Man). And the avengers expansion made it a point to not copy the movies as well and is already generating positive buzz.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Of course they are because that is all they can do.............

Because when it comes out you will see the greatest gymnastic routines known to MAN by them to NOT support it.

You can't keep yelling for this stuff and not support it.

Folks showed up for Carol, WW and Widow (to the best of their abilities).

Issue here is you see all those cheers, fake woke articles and memes because there is no COST to do them. Yet when it's time to shell out the money-where are they?

What will be the excuse? Some black man in the cast not having a black wife? Not even dark skinned women? Shuri not lusting after a white man? Not enough merchandise?

When it underperforms SOMEHOW it's every black man on the planet's fault or white supremacy. LOL guess who were the MAIN ones who supported it?
    Not to mention, as I predicted, people are already digging up Letitias anti vaxxer tweets. And people are probably gonna bitch when Noel is inevitably not playing Storm.

As for the scenario of not putting their money where their mouth is, we’ll it’ll essentially be a repeat of the box office fates of Ghostbusters, Proud Mary, and a Wrinkle in Time.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-21-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda