Page 617 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    God no, adaptations are at their best when they do their own thing and don’t copy the movies (case in point, PS4 Spider-Man). And the avengers expansion made it a point to not copy the movies as well and is already generating positive buzz.
    The best non-MCU content has generally been the stuff that doesn't try to be a carbon copy of the movies. Spider-Man PS4, Immortal Hulk, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, etc. There's definitely space for MCU animated content (I'd love to see more of the Ravagers or a young Thor).

But there's equally enough viability in well-funded animated projects that take risks and don't embrace everything the movies have done with the characters. And there's increasingly less reason not to do so as the MCU exposes audiences to the idea of a multiverse. People understand that different versions of these characters can exist, why not embrace that?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Maybe it is another Dora unless she wearing a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They didn't necessarily kill them off with the exception of Zuri, who was always going to be a tertiary character IMO. They just prioritized black women in the supporting cast, which is entirely fair and good to do because black boys/men already had folks that look like them playing the main lead and the main antagonist. I'm perfectly fine with W'Kabi and M'Baku taking a backseat to Shuri and Okoye in screentime/marketing.

It's just a cruel set of unfortunate circumstances that have created a situation where you likely will no longer have a black male lead/villain, and in a sea of supporting characters you only have 1 half decent black male character (M'Baku). That's why I'm not upset about the gender ratio and it's not the reason I'm on the fence about the sequel, the lack of T'Challa is.
    It's a unfortunate situation that we lost Chad. Not having a Black male lead is entirely within their control that they are (assuming it's true) doing of their own choice. So going all in on Black wonder woman/ Amazons is taking an established franchise and basically turning it into something completely OC a
    But still using the established franchise name to bring people in.

T'Challa doesn't have to die, that's ENTIRELY within Disney/ Marvel's control.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I think this is more MCU content but in animated form. I wouldn't be surprised if it works similar to how the animated Star Wars content does, filling in the gaps of the timeline with new and interesting stories with characters on the margins.

And the occasional showing of what the big time heroes are up to. Like I could easily see a limited series about the Ravagers and their adventures in space. Or a Thor prequel series focusing on his younger days in the Viking era. I kinda doubt this is gonna be where we get a Young Justice or DCAU Marvel universe. I'd love to be wrong though lol.
    That would be dumb. There's certain adaptations that they can explore that should not be based on the MCU. I would love to see adaptions of SWaD, EotS I& II, WitBP etc. The only thing they could get out of it would be T'Challa the first 10 years as BP and even then it's not guaranteed of it's tied to the MCU because of the who no more T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Maybe it is another Dora unless she wearing a wig.
    I dunno man, looking at the shirt it just keeps making me feel like they are putting way too much focus on some kind of tribute to Chad and completely ignoring who the character Chad brought to life means to poc. Like it's some type of marketing scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno man, looking at the shirt it just keeps making me feel like they are putting way too much focus on some kind of tribute to Chad and completely ignoring who the character Chad brought to life means to poc. Like it's some type of marketing scheme
    They’re just gonna use a dead man for clout just like the Oscars did.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Maybe I'm sounding selfish, but I'd have no problem if this was going to be his 4th film (as lead) and then after his tragedy, they went this route. Now it just seems like lets keep the train going with everything to do with his death. Are they so intent on honoring Chad that they arent worried about making the best movie? Because thats ultimately how you honor him. Are you honoring him if the script is a mess? Are you honoring him if black boys and men are disengaged if they dont have a character to connect to? Yes M'Baku is cool, but you're limiting the talent pool. Are you honoring him by promoting the only reason to see the film is how his "death" wll be portrayed. I think everybody's heart is in the right place. Its just become so much about Chad, but doing nothing with what Chad established. Its odd.

And we saw how misguided that was..
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-21-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Black woman with 240K followers speaks the truth

Luvvie is the #ProfessionalTroublemaker
    @Luvvie
    I think the next film after this one, they should recast T'Challa. Batman. Superman. Spiderman. Never die. Bruce Wayne. Clark Kent. Peter Parker. We cannot fully tie the fictional hero to the real life person.

Black kids deserve to see T'Challa live

This is not to reduce the iconic portrayal of Chadwick. This is to speak of the importance of the character. Are we teaching Black kids they can't ever rest in joy cuz even their favorite LARGER THAN LIFE character can die, when others don't?

T'Challa should live.
    https://twitter.com/Luvvie/status/1417964381359456263ve to see T'Challa live.

We need more of this.

Black woman with 240K followers speaks the truth

Luvvie is the #ProfessionalTroublemaker
    @Luvvie
    I think the next film after this one, they should recast T'Challa. Batman. Superman. Spiderman. Never die. Bruce Wayne. Clark Kent. Peter Parker. We cannot fully tie the fictional hero to the real life person.

Black kids deserve to see T'Challa live

This is not to reduce the iconic portrayal of Chadwick. This is to speak of the importance of the character. Are we teaching Black kids they can't ever rest in joy cuz even their favorite LARGER THAN LIFE character can die, when others don't?

T'Challa should live.
    https://twitter.com/Luvvie/status/1417964381359456263ve to see T'Challa live.

We need more of this.
    Glad to see more people with good sense.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Twitter is saying thats his fam in the pic. So maybe they invited some of his people to set.

Twitter is saying thats his fam in the pic. So maybe they invited some of his people to set.
    Well that’s ok then.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I wanna see this colored badly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

**** you’re right. Madame slay maybe? I mean their facial structures are similar. Lol.
    The World of Wakanda title seems to strongly suggest they're exploring more of Wakanda and the Tribes and the History so it's either Princess Zanda or Madame Slay (my pick, now that I see that panel again) or QDJ. Whichever, I'm down for more awesome women showing up. And Michaela is a great actress. So I hope she's not just another Dora.

Despite the Twitts speculation...I don't think it is Storm, at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If you wanted to explore more of the "wolrd" of wakanda...

making this new chikc a Dora gone bad would world. Basically adopt Nakia/Malice.

It would also put Okoye as more of the star, since she would be the one that would have to deal with her most.

But, this whole "explore" the world of wakanda thing doens't work out if it is truly Namor as the villain. You have to explore Atlantis to some extent, which is going to eat time.

So Atlantis + T'hcalla resolution + new BP resolution alone is going to eat up so much time, that Wakanda is not going to be explored in any depth
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html