Page 180 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's wrong with Yost? Didn't he do Wakanda justice in EMH?
    His BP was solid in EMH a B but could’ve been A but his Wakanda ( the little we saw) was so so imo & should been better. Imo Yost like a certain version of BP/Wakanda ( a Kirby/Don/CJP mix imo ).. for the most part on paper that usually pretty good but sometimes he showcases the concepts in a way that they have long move past which in turn display them lacking in certain ways that unnecessary/nonsensical because he goes with an older set up for wateva reasons.. On top that he usually add something or bring something back that’s cool but is similar enuff to something that already established in myths or was long dead in the myths ( while at the time he was writing ) There was something/someone else occupying that space or role.. So it comes off did u research past 2005 & if your did you just decide to go with a more older set up for the most part because f it lol or wat..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 03-05-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Incredible Member

Tchalla is The Ronin King

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    His BP was solid in EMH a B but could’ve been A but his Wakanda ( the little we saw) was so so imo & should been better. Imo Yost like a certain version of BP/Wakanda ( a Kirby/Don/CJP mix imo ).. for the most part on paper that usually pretty good but sometimes he showcases the concepts in a way that they have long move past which in turn display them lacking in certain ways that unnecessary/nonsensical because he goes with an older set up for wateva reasons.. On top that he usually add something or bring something back that’s cool but is similar enuff to something that already established in myths or was long dead in the myths ( while at the time he was writing ) There was something/someone else occupying that space or role.. So it comes off did u research past 2005 & if your did you just decide to go with a more older set up for the most part because f it lol or wat..
    I might be mis-remembering but we got like the Panther Mechs, Wakanda repelling the Skrulls, and a really cool Cyber-Dora designs from EMH (I know for sure about the Cyber-Dora's).

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    ...So, like, he leaves Wakanda to go on a Ronin walkabout with allegiance only to his own code of honor?

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Maybe T’Chaka never died in this timeline, and T’Challa argues with him over what Wakanda’s role should be, eventually abandoning his homeland to go be a hero in the outside world?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...So, like, he leaves Wakanda to go on a Ronin walkabout with allegiance only to his own code of honor?
    Should be interesting

I don't really know what Heroes Reborn is, I wasn't around for the first one?

Wasn't it a pocket universe or somehting?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The first Heroes Reborn was an attempt to do an Ultimate-style reboot of the FF & Avengers franchises by sending the rosters into a pocket universe. Sadly, this was the 90s, and they decided the best people to handle it were Image-style artists like Rob Liefeld & Jim Lee.

It did not go down well, and after a year, the characters all came back in "Heroes Return" leading to some stellar runs like Busiek on Avengers or Waid returning to Cap.

This new one seems to be "What If the Avengers were never formed?" although there are changes unrelated to that, like Peter Parker never becoming Spider-Man, and Wakanda still a secret from the outside world.

The original Heroes Reborn was marvel's attempt at revamping their least popular heroes at the time, it was back in the 90's when the X-men were at their height of popularity. The fantastic four, thor, cap, iron man, and the avengers. I don't remember if Black Panther was part of it. I do believe that it was a pocket universe created by Franklin Richards. There was a lot of Liefeld art, Liefeld art everywhere, sharp angles, tiny waists, and tinier feet.

I'm interested to see why a Wakandan prince/king would choose to adopt a Japanese identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'm interested to see why a Wakandan prince/king would choose to adopt a Japanese identity.
    Wasn't Chadwick Boseman going to play an African Samurai, Yasuke?

Granted, I don't think they're thinking that deeply into it beyond "this would look cool."

(I would love a Black Panther anime with T'Challa in Japan though).

T'challa traveled abroad to study, became a weeb.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'challa traveled abroad to study, became a weeb.
    He's secretly stocked up on anime body pillows and merchandise .

I’m buying.