Page 651 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd go the eldritch body horror angle for Kiber. He's basically a mad scientist energy vampire trapped inside an island so going wild with that would be interesting. So maybe make him able to enter a terrifying large humanoid form but housing the entire mutated ecosystem in his body in combination with his energy powers.

He should be doing nightmarish stuff like opening his mouth and spitting out massive earthen tentacles, his blood drops turning into giant bats comprised of pure energy, just wild stuff. I'd probably reveal he's from somewhere in the Middle East and got caught up in some crazy alchemical experiments that tried to incorporate nanotech and he ends up becoming a living grey goo-like catastrophe. Constantly absorbing and matter and energy and reproducing it, a cancer on the face of the Earth that can travel either on foot or in island form, on the hunt for new prey while unlocking the secrets of his own biology.

T'Challa needs more villains that are just straight up scary and have a lot of firepower, I think Kiber could do that if they play up the mad scientist, body horror elements and the fact he's always got an army at his disposal. Naturally he'd also be someone T'Challa can't just punch out, maybe he's even immortal. Kiber's gotta be deranged, constantly in physical pain, and just an overall frightening character. I kinda want to give him a motivation that's more than "I want vibranium" but that's all I can think of atm.

6 Million Year Man is fine as a guy from a dystopian future of some sort trying to stake his claim as Earth's new ruler before his rival time travelers get to it first. Because those kinds of characters are pretty common the real kicker would be what makes him and his timeline unique but I don't really have any good ideas for that.

Maybe he's from the Black to the Future timeline by Hudlin, a descendant of T'Challa's from the far future? Maybe the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda tried to uncover the true source of vibranium like Wakanda Prime and their explorers got lost in a time warp even deeper in space? IDK, I generally dislike time travel characters and stories so I'm not sure how to make him work.
    Some good ideas but I think the eldritch body thing for Kiber is too close to Klaw. The vibranium thing can be worked at different angles. He needs the vibranium to stabilize his form but different forms of vibranium affects him differently. And he has the ability render any vibranium inert which poses an even greater challenge for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like your Kiber idea, T'Challa does need some scary villains for sure. Maybe the angle for Kiber is that vibranium is the one thing that seemingly clears his mind and give him small reprieves from the pain and allows him to focus his power better when his mind and body arent under constant strain, therefore making him even more dangerous.

I dunno if you saw it, but a few pages back, I had an idea for 6 million year man and basically he is literally vastly superior to T'Challa in every sense of the word, due to advance technology he wields. Basically fighting Him in a Head on fight would be a straight loss 9.5/10 goes to 6mil man because of the technological advantage. So T'Challa has to use unorthodox approaches to beat him and get around his tech to actually hurt him given the discrepancy in technology because that tech allows him to plan, fight and react in ways that is beyond what would be capable of non enhanced humans.

I think the scary factor of 6 million year old man could be going with the angle of just how ordinary he actually is. He isn't a mad genius or a cut above his fellow peers, in comparison, he is an average Joe and compared to his peers and there are ones vastly superior to him.

He goes to the past because he has a inferiority complex to the people in his time. But in the 616 time the technological advantage is like comparing Cavemen (or maybe civil war era technology) to covenant technology from halo (or to Modern day technology, whichever works best) that can push him to an Avengers level threat with proper development and with the focus on T'Challa being needed to beat him.

Before he is defeated he reveals this, that he is actually very ordinary, and of one of his peers ever decided to visit the past like he did, given how much the struggled to beat him, just imagine how dire the situation would be if an EXCEPTIONAL being came to the past.
    Scary villians should include an upgraded Venomm and Madam Slay.

Astonishing Member

I like your Kiber idea, T'Challa does need some scary villains for sure. Maybe the angle for Kiber is that vibranium is the one thing that seemingly clears his mind and give him small reprieves from the pain and allows him to focus his power better when his mind and body arent under constant strain, therefore making him even more dangerous.

I dunno if you saw it, but a few pages back, I had an idea for 6 million year man and basically he is literally vastly superior to T'Challa in every sense of the word, due to advance technology he wields. Basically fighting Him in a Head on fight would be a straight loss 9.5/10 goes to 6mil man because of the technological advantage. So T'Challa has to use unorthodox approaches to beat him and get around his tech to actually hurt him given the discrepancy in technology because that tech allows him to plan, fight and react in ways that is beyond what would be capable of non enhanced humans.

I think the scary factor of 6 million year old man could be going with the angle of just how ordinary he actually is. He isn't a mad genius or a cut above his fellow peers, in comparison, he is an average Joe and compared to his peers and there are ones vastly superior to him.

He goes to the past because he has a inferiority complex to the people in his time. But in the 616 time the technological advantage is like comparing Cavemen (or maybe civil war era technology) to covenant technology from halo (or to Modern day technology, whichever works best) that can push him to an Avengers level threat with proper development and with the focus on T'Challa being needed to beat him.

Before he is defeated he reveals this, that he is actually very ordinary, and of one of his peers ever decided to visit the past like he did, given how much the struggled to beat him, just imagine how dire the situation would be if an EXCEPTIONAL being came to the past.
    Yea like you and Marvell said there's the option of vibranium somehow stabilizing his form and giving him some relief. I just think we should continue the trend of BP villains not having the same basic motivation that boils down to vibranium. That's one legitimate thing I'll give Coates credit on, giving us villains with non-vibranium related goals. That said, vibranium being Kiber's "cure" is a good motive that also adds a tragic aspect to his character.

That's a dope direction for 6 Million Year Man. It'd be a really "oh ****" moment for T'Challa to go through all the hard work of taking him down only to find out that 6 Million Year Man is the weakest member of his species lol. I agree he should have some really otherworldly tech at his disposal so it's not as simple as T'Challa punching him out, it's gotta be a battle of wits between the two of them. I could definitely see him being a Avengers-level threat if they give him a compelling origin and respect his potential power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some good ideas but I think the eldritch body thing for Kiber is too close to Klaw. The vibranium thing can be worked at different angles. He needs the vibranium to stabilize his form but different forms of vibranium affects him differently. And he has the ability render any vibranium inert which poses an even greater challenge for BP.
    That's fair, I definitely see the similarities between the concepts. Klaw was someone I had in mind for that Kiber update but I think the key difference is that Klaw should be far more competent and leadership-minded.

I still see him as this eldritch sound-based being with shapeshifting capabilities (albeit far more refined than Kiber, as I think Klaw should be able to have a completely human form). Though unlike Kiber, who roams the world and is more concerned with hunger and research for the hell of it, Klaw cares about money, the thrill of being one of the underworld's big wigs, and actually has a crew behind him. Kiber's a loner, a mad scientist cursed with unimaginable power and pain living in the shadows where Klaw's powers have made him a legitimate god who's intelligence and experiences should make him one of the most influential criminals in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea like you and Marvell said there's the option of vibranium somehow stabilizing his form and giving him some relief. I just think we should continue the trend of BP villains not having the same basic motivation that boils down to vibranium. That's one legitimate thing I'll give Coates credit on, giving us villains with non-vibranium related goals. That said, vibranium being Kiber's "cure" is a good motive that also adds a tragic aspect to his character.

That's a dope direction for 6 Million Year Man. It'd be a really "oh ****" moment for T'Challa to go through all the hard work of taking him down only to find out that 6 Million Year Man is the weakest member of his species lol. I agree he should have some really otherworldly tech at his disposal so it's not as simple as T'Challa punching him out, it's gotta be a battle of wits between the two of them. I could definitely see him being a Avengers-level threat if they give him a compelling origin and respect his potential power levels.

That's fair, I definitely see the similarities between the concepts. Klaw was someone I had in mind for that Kiber update but I think the key difference is that Klaw should be far more competent and leadership-minded.

I still see him as this eldritch sound-based being with shapeshifting capabilities (albeit far more refined than Kiber, as I think Klaw should be able to have a completely human form). Though unlike Kiber, who roams the world and is more concerned with hunger and research for the hell of it, Klaw cares about money, the thrill of being one of the underworld's big wigs, and actually has a crew behind him. Kiber's a loner, a mad scientist cursed with unimaginable power and pain living in the shadows where Klaw's powers have made him a legitimate god who's intelligence and experiences should make him one of the most influential criminals in the MU.
    Yes exactly, funny enough i got 6 mil man idea from the movie the ant bully. He is like the protagonist except for evil lol.

As for Kiber and klaws comparison. I would say klaw still has that evil Indiana Jones angle to him that war for Wakanda is showing us (ruggedly handsome, very successful using that charm to deadly perfection. Like how T'Challas true superpower is getting people to underestimate him, klaws is getting people drop their guarded around him, being completely enamored, and BOTH of them see the other for what they truly are) and he uses his power to influence himself and others.

Basically I would compare them to starwars knights of the old republic game. Klaw would be akin to Darth Revan. Powerful, charismatic, and extremely dangerous. Kiber would be similar to Darth Nihilist, basically no longer a man, driven by hunger, basically a cancer but a powerful one.

Both are dangerous in different ways and both challenge T'Challa in various forms. These two would be the ones to transcend into avengers level threats. 6 million year Man transcends to event level threat. Then you take his other rogue's and tier then into global or national level threat's accordingly due to their threat levels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yea I think its the 2nd one. However, yea Grace is saying the 3rd is the weakest one. Just saw one say the 3rd is the strongest. I wonder if the 3rd is the Killmonger one.
    Not sure if they woukd place 2 BP related ones right next to each other.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

What If…? might sound like another Marvel animated series; a plethora produced since the 1960s, however, the latest iteration stands apart from the rest for one big reason: It’s the last performance from Black Panther title actor Chadwick Boseman.

The conceit of the show from EP Brad Winderbaum, director Bryan Andrews and scribe A.C. Bradley is re-imagining Marvel Cinematic stories with a different bent, existing in another part of the universe. Loki recently established multi-verse dimensions across the galaxy for the superheroes we already know, and What If…? jumps off from there. Episode 2 of What If…? is an homage to both Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther, in which we see Yondu beam up, not Chris Pratt’s Peter Quill, rather a young T’Challa in the fields of Wakanda voiceed by Boseman.

At a press conference for the Disney+ series this morning, Bradley mentioned that the episode in which T’Challa becomes Star Lord was realized after the writers learned he was the same age as Peter Quill.

“T’Challa is an interesting character because he’s not a character who arcs himself, he’s a character who changes the world around him,” Bradley explained, “He doesn’t go through a transformation, he transforms the world. So, taking a step back, (we pondered) how could T’Challa transform outer space?”

“It was amazing being able to work with him,” said Andrews about Boseman, “We only got a small moment because our episodes are so short. I think he was one of the first actors to sign on.”

Andrews was impressed by Boseman’s voiceover performance given how he approached from a theatrically-trained actor’s point of view: “He wanted to read scene descriptions in between and built it out like a play.”

“None of us knew what he was going through at the time,” added the director about Boseman’s declining state of health. Boseman died on Aug. 28, 2020 from colon cancer.

“He was excited to play this particular version of T’Challa because it was different. Because it was a version of him playing the King, but the King without the mantel, the royalty and everything else that goes along with it. He could lighten it up and get more jokey with it. He was excited to bring back that flavor to T’Challa,” said Andrews.

Following the actor’s death Andrews explained that it was an emotional process for the creators, down to figuring out the final score of What If…? as there were high stakes to perfect Boseman’s episode and respect the actor’s legacy.

In What If…? Jeffrey Wright provides the Rod Serling-like narrator voice. Wright told reporters today he first met Boseman at San Diego Comic-Con; the actor was there for Westworld while the Black Panther thespian was promoting his Marvel title. They expressed their mutual appreciation of each other’s work, and for a moment Wright was originally expected to join Boseman in Netflix’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom. That movie earned Boseman a posthumous Best Actor Oscar nomination.

“It was a lovely surprise to find out that we’d be in the same space with What if…?; this being the last performance we’ll get from him,” said Wright.

“The thing that strikes me the most about what he has done here and what he has done with these films is that obviously these are films about heroisms and all the complications of that, and what we all discovered is the kind of mythic quality that he brought to these performances kind-of paled to the mythic quality that was his life in terms of the way that he was going about doing this work; the grace, the dignity, the power” reflected Wright on Boseman.

Addressing questions as to how What If...? is expanding the MCU, Winderbaum said, “It’s no coincidence that the show picks up right after Loki…The multi-verse has erupted in every possible direction. What if…? gives us a chance to explore that.”

https://deadline.com/2021/08/chadwic...es-1234807268/

I kinda wish they had a better reason then "they're the same age"

Although he kinda saves it by saying getting to see T'Challa change space.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-01-2021 at 02:57 PM.

After the hyperbole on how good WV and Loki shows were (they were fine but hardly what social media acted like they were), I'll be cautiously optimistic for What-If.

Still not buying the SL T'challa premise but it is what it is. I think I may be more interested in the Killmonger stuff since it will be more "black panther" but we will see.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    After the hyperbole on how good WV and Loki shows were (they were fine but hardly what social media acted like they were), I'll be cautiously optimistic for What-If.

Still not buying the SL T'challa premise but it is what it is. I think I may be more interested in the Killmonger stuff since it will be more "black panther" but we will see.
    Honestly this here. I would be much more interested if the what if was T'Challa net abd saved Tony Stark, and by extension, introduced Wakanda to the world 19 year's earlier than we get in the MCU. Basically making it so that T'Chaka died earlier and T'Challa becomes BP and King sooner. I'm sure Chadwick will have nailed his role and truly, Chad was shaping up to be the next Denzel. We really took a massive hit with Chad passing. I still think it's not right to let this be the end of the T'Challa we were introduced to by T'Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Episodes are about 30 mins each. So they got a lot to cover and to try and make it make sense. I do think there had to be better ways to have T'Challa in space.

Lowkey (no pun) they should have just made a Thor/T'Challa episode. T'Chaka and his elders were cool with Odin.

Dont they actually have a distant relationship in the comics? At least in terms of Bast. Thought I read that somewhere.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-01-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Honestly this here. I would be much more interested if the what if was T'Challa net abd saved Tony Stark, and by extension, introduced Wakanda to the world 19 year's earlier than we get in the MCU. Basically making it so that T'Chaka died earlier and T'Challa becomes BP and King sooner. I'm sure Chadwick will have nailed his role and truly, Chad was shaping up to be the next Denzel. We really took a massive hit with Chad passing. I still think it's not right to let this be the end of the T'Challa we were introduced to by T'Chadwick
    I just read on reddit they are currently working on Season 2.....Do they uh....recast T'Challa there or....

Honestly though what kind of What If...? stories can they do with T'Challa as BP?

What if T'Challa lost?
    What if T'Chaka were still alive?
    What If Shuri were BP?
    What if Wakanda were conquered?

None of us want to see any of those stories and some have happened, so they only thing interesting they can do is put T'Challa in a situation that we haven't seen before. I'm interested to see they kind of person a young T'Challa becomes growing up in a different environment.

What If...? is supposed to be about something different, something we haven't seen.

Episodes are about 30 mins each. So they got a lot to cover and to try and make it make sense. I do think there had to be better ways to have T'Challa in space.

Lowkey (no pun) they should have just made a Thor/T'Challa episode. T'Chaka and his elders were cool with Odin.

Dont they actually have a distant relationship in the comics? At least in terms of Bast. Thought I read that somewhere.
    Aaron retconned that Odin and a version of Black Panther were members of the Avengers in 1 million BC.

Might as well get emotionally ready for the final adventure with T’Chadwick. Oh and it’s War for Wakanda month!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This is still the best T'Challa intro

Keith David...only man to voice T'Challa and Spawn. Legend.
    I'm glad they got him back to voice T'Chaka in PQ even if he only had...one line.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Might as well get emotionally ready for the final adventure with T’Chadwick. Oh and it’s War for Wakanda month!
    Can't stress enough how excited I am to get this content. What people don't really understand about this game is that it's a great game but it's unfinished. The level of detail and love they put into the characters themselves is fantastic and I can't wait to see it for Black Panther. All the comic book references, the stats, the upgrades, and especially excited to see what takedowns he has