Page 262 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ironically the fact that it landed in Coolers lap actually helped Shuri out more than whatever out there thing Ava might have done with the character. Coogler not understanding the value of t'challa initially and dispersing his genius to his kid sister while also crediting her for Wakandas advancements instead pretty much gave her the fanbase she has today of ppl who think wakanda would be nothing without her.
    Ava might have went to warrior or magician route from the comics and apmed that up
    Unlikely the magical stuff... she turned down the chair in July of 2015, almost a year before Coates' run started... two months before he was even announced as the writer.

I could theorize more, but that would be sheer supposition, and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep, exactly.

Change W'kabi from Border tribe leadr to HZ leader and boom, there ya go. Would even more make sense then that he wanted to go to Korea to capture Klaue... he was more used to leaving Wakanda than any Tribal Leader.
    It would of been cool of w'kabi was the head of the HZ and the. His wife head of the DM and general, he then falls into the role of Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ironically the fact that it landed in Coolers lap actually helped Shuri out more than whatever out there thing Ava might have done with the character. Coogler not understanding the value of t'challa initially and dispersing his genius to his kid sister while also crediting her for Wakandas advancements instead pretty much gave her the fanbase she has today of ppl who think wakanda would be nothing without her.
    Ava might have went to warrior or magician route from the comics and apmed that up
    The problem isn't even that Shuri was made THE lab rat and head of the design group. The problem was that T'Challas. Super genius wasn't made as clear cut. Yes he made his cw habit, but he should of been credited for other things as well to solidify that T'Challa is just as capable, but doesn't have the time seeing as he is King and BP. Really simple stuff like the emp beads, dragon flyers or the remote driving device.

Hell when she was taking him through her lab she could of said something like "After looking at the design and schematic you sent to us I wanted to show you what we have so far, I took a few liberties to update a few things, hope you don't mind" 100 different ways to keep T'Challas genius at the forefront while allowing Shuri to still have her own lane to shine

Black Panther is still 100% a Marvel movie. It follows the same general structure. It is pumped full of action and pumped full of "marvel quips."

That si basically marvels "formula" now

- based around action
    - "quips"
    - fits into their universe and earlier movie mythology

once you fit in there.... you can basically do what you want these days. They have their own in house action people for goodness sake (I think it was Takai who mentioned he dind't even do the action stuff for his movie).

I would imagine Ava wanted to break that mold and Marvel rightfully said no. Coogler worked within the confines of the formula.
    It's definitely the Marvel forumal. But after today i can't shake the thought that it's the international format after that previous poster not knowing or even caring about voter rights. It's like Wakanda is fictional, this product is made in america, but it follows the same formula as American Black guy jaded, angry, and taking it too far. And i'm not going to lie i never really thought about it but it's like damn in postive representation of black excellence black people in America, Black Men, got to take the hit. Like why couldn't killmonger feel the same way but be a more Obama type or not feel that way and appreciate his other brothers and sisters. Why was he more willing to work with the man who enslaved his people than someone who didn't come to get him. I really can't shake the thought, especially after watching it again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's definitely the Marvel forumal. But after today i can't shake the thought that it's the international format after that previous poster not knowing or even caring about voter rights. It's like Wakanda is fictional, this product is made in america, but it follows the same formula as American Black guy jaded, angry, and taking it too far. And i'm not going to lie i never really thought about it but it's like damn in postive representation of black excellence black people in America, Black Men, got to take the hit. Like why couldn't killmonger feel the same way but be a more Obama type or not feel that way and appreciate his other brothers and sisters. Why was he more willing to work with the man who enslaved his people than someone who didn't come to get him. I really can't shake the thought, especially after watching it again.
    I loved the movie and while I didn't love some of the character depictions in it (both t'challa's and hood killmonger's) I was disappointed in the fact that killmonger wasn't the pompous, smart, and manipulative african version. Maybe someday when someone else has a go we will see it and less American influence. That said hood Killmonger resonates with a certain type of audience for sure. Having the cards stacked against you as a black boy and a vendetta against the world. That is a valuable story to tell (just not a black panther story). That was definitely Coogler's biggest personal influence on the franchise. But now that that story is over it will be interesting to see what types of African and purely wakandan stories he can create that hopefully don't show a bunch of American influence on the storyline.

I will say that a reformed Killmonger siting in the throne OR training Shuri for some type of fighting skill power up 2 minute montage that makes her wakandas greatest warrior is going to be problematic seeing as Killmonger himself was trained and raised by the US military. Wakanda should be better.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Why was he more willing to work with the man who enslaved his people than someone who didn't come to get him. I really can't shake the thought, especially after watching it again.
    Think about it who generally arrives to save the angry or scare or out of control black boy?

Freedom Riders, Dangerous Minds, Radio, Hardball and Blind Side...

As TOXIC as some of these white colleges have been-we still line up to go-especially jocks.

What was done with Shuri as no different than what we have seen other projects.

The boy in Jurassic Park did way more in the book including saving everybody than the girl.
    The book ending of The Hate You Give saw the black boy be the hero unlike the movie that tossed him aside.
    Static made all his OWN stuff not Gears or Hardware.

Funny thing is the opposite happened with Miles. Under Bendis it was Ganke male his webbing and Shield giving him the suit. He was not this science geek. Now since Secret Wars he is.

Extraordinary Member

And i just came back to add Oprah to that list. For all the good oprah does look at the image she thinks will sell of black people. The have and have nots. Slave movie after slave movie. Oprah and them be like know your history, know your herstory, but how come oprah has not produced anything showing queens and kings of africa. how come she isn't putting her money behind projects that show what black excellence was, is, and can be. Wakanda wasn't all fantasy. So yeah.

You got Falcon, finally getting some development. He's a good ol American and a good dude!

Maybe Rhodey will get some backstory in his TV show ensemble. Maybe.

Looks like Blade will be American again, I wonder if he will still be the son of a prostitute though.

After that you got... ummm... free Luke Cage lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem isn't even that Shuri was made THE lab rat and head of the design group. The problem was that T'Challas. Super genius wasn't made as clear cut. Yes he made his cw habit, but he should of been credited for other things as well to solidify that T'Challa is just as capable, but doesn't have the time seeing as he is King and BP. Really simple stuff like the emp beads, dragon flyers or the remote driving device.

Hell when she was taking him through her lab she could of said something like "After looking at the design and schematic you sent to us I wanted to show you what we have so far, I took a few liberties to update a few things, hope you don't mind" 100 different ways to keep T'Challas genius at the forefront while allowing Shuri to still have her own lane to shine

It irked me that T'Challa wasn't portrayed as the genius. I thought that was something that would have been inspirational for young black boys. When do they get to see a genius level black man that doesn't act live Steve Urkel. Black girls had the real life women of 'Hidden Figures' as inspiration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    It irked me that T'Challa wasn't portrayed as the genius. I thought that was something that would have been inspirational for young black boys. When do they get to see a genius level black man that doesn't act live Steve Urkel. Black girls had the real life women of 'Hidden Figures' as inspiration.
    Yea especially when you consider that young black boys are being outpaced by black girls when it comes to education, having a regal, confident black male who on top of that had proficiency in the sciences would’ve been a powerful image. And as others have said, that doesn’t even mean Shuri had to not be a genius, she could easily still be smarter sibling while allowing T’Challa the space to be an inventor in his own right. I understand Coogler wanted to compartmentalize the characters by giving them distinct roles, but it felt like a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea especially when you consider that young black boys are being outpaced by black girls when it comes to education, having a regal, confident black male who on top of that had proficiency in the sciences would’ve been a powerful image. And as others have said, that doesn’t even mean Shuri had to not be a genius, she could easily still be smarter sibling while allowing T’Challa the space to be an inventor in his own right. I understand Coogler wanted to compartmentalize the characters by giving them distinct roles, but it felt like a missed opportunity.
    I go back and forth whether I care. Usually ending in the "not really caring" department.

The easiest way to show T'challa's intelligence would have been in Avengers movies (proper avengers, not iw/eg). Shuri woudln't likely been around, and having T'challa understand when the sciency people start spouting sciency **** and possible even interjecting his own opinion would be the easiest way IMO

I don't need him in a lab inventing suits and stuff personally.

I'm more interested in T'challa's battle/prep/fight "genius" vs lab stuff. Just me though

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Avengers Mech Strike is so silly it is kinda fun.

Gets sillier and sillier lol

I go back and forth whether I care. Usually ending in the "not really caring" department.

The easiest way to show T'challa's intelligence would have been in Avengers movies (proper avengers, not iw/eg). Shuri woudln't likely been around, and having T'challa understand when the sciency people start spouting sciency **** and possible even interjecting his own opinion would be the easiest way IMO

I don't need him in a lab inventing suits and stuff personally.

I'm more interested in T'challa's battle/prep/fight "genius" vs lab stuff. Just me though
    I mean, it was a minor thing and again I didn't need big sciencey isht. Just a comment, like how Shuri mentioned his cw habit. Obviously he is a genius to make his habit but something more to show he is a super genius just like Shuri, you know they kept playfully trying to one up Each other, so having her comment that she updated HIS emp beads, or to take a look at what they have developed with some the tech from HIS designs or schematics, while allowing her to still do the stuff she did in the movie. Minor stuff that literally takes nothing away from her role but shows they are both geniuses. I mean there would of been time to establish his super genius in the sequels but it doesn't look like we are getting that now. So it's really a missed opportunity to show such a powerful image for young black boys, especially since T'Challa IS all of those things

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

As much as I want to see T'Challa continue in the MCU, I fear it's too late. The studio has made up its mind