Page 655 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665705755 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 15079

Glad to hear enthusiasm for the expansion. But honestly, I'm not a fan of the War For Wakanda theme especially coming off the heels of the last solo and how disastrous it was.

Seems like there's always some war for Wakanda somewhere despite being a country that no one should want to mess with. Even internally, no one should want to mess with BP.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Based on what little we and know and been told, this might be his first time meeting them.
    And there was another plot description about Tony being jealous of Wakandas tech so this might be true.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's true, it's just the chances of getting something quality and consistent seems much higher if you bring on someone who has experience on top of passion.

But I agree 100% it's nice to see a guy in the comic industry that seems to be a genuine fan of T'Challa. It's always good when a character has a bench of eager creators willing to work with them. I hope Narcisse, Redjack, Walker, and others all get the chance to do more projects with Black Panther in some way.
    Someone actually wanting to write T'Challa is refreshing, I just hope that Ridley has no plans of "deconstructing" him. I want a happy T'Challa that likes being king and lives up to his Most Dangerous Man Alive title. Not another sad T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ahmed has been my top choice for awhile now.

Don't let me down Ridley
    I've been hoping that Ahmed would get a chance at a big title but the way he's going he'll make Miles a top character.

I've read Ridly's The Other History of the DC Universe and it's been good story-telling wise, not a lot if any action. I haven't read his Batman but I might finger thru it the next time I'm at my LCS just to see how he does action.

Ended up stumbling onto a potential spoiler for the story for anyone interested:

spoilers:
    Because the video ended with Okoye having different eye colors, she will be revealed to be an imposter/clone.I haven't played the game but this will apparently connect it to the game's main story and the synopsis for WfW said T'Challa would be betrayed by someone close.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Plot Twist: Okoye ends up being a Skrull and it will lead into a future expansion/sequel with Captain Marvel as the focus.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

So T'Challa is a new young king and not an older experienced king like they said. The suit looked great and also nice to hear S'Yan exists.
    Yea that confused me, I thought this version of T’Challa was meant to be older, but it just seems like he’s been on the throne longer. Not that I’m complaining, I’ve always imagined T’Challa as 32-35 so if they’re sticking to that idea that’s cool.

I love how they hit at some of the core aspects of T’Challa as a person. He’s really good at fighting, strategizing, and science but he’s got major issues lol. He’s slow to trust and he feels he needs to bare the brunt of any and every problem Wakanda faces. Seeing him realize that there’s value in letting down his walls and trusting others (including outsiders) is a strong arc distinct from anything we’ve seen from the movies and to a certain extent the comics.

I think they said at the war table that T’Challa was in talks to join the Avengers Initiative and put Wakandan resources towards the team but after Captain America’s death they pulled back. So I think T’Challa may have met the Avengers before but they’ve never worked together or hung out. But with Flags of Our Fathers being a big influence on this story I think it’s likely Cap is close with T’Challa since he probably met Azzuri in WWII.

Someone actually wanting to write T'Challa is refreshing, I just hope that Ridley has no plans of "deconstructing" him. I want a happy T'Challa that likes being king and lives up to his Most Dangerous Man Alive title. Not another sad T'Challa.
    So far based on solicits and the premise, I don't think that we'll see Un-Happy Pants Panther anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So far based on solicits and the premise, I don't think that we'll see Un-Happy Pants Panther anytime soon.
    Good. Because I have a feeling Ridley is going to knock it out of the park.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ahmed has been my top choice for awhile now.

Don't let me down Ridley
    Yup Ahmed is my top choice next to Redjack and David Walker. I’m really tempted to say Jason Aaron too but IDK man he’s a bit too imaginative for my taste sometimes lol. He’ll **** around and have Vibraxas become BP. Or have T’Challa fight the Phoenix Force while possessed by Bast. Too many variables with him, but I think Ahmed, Redjack, and Walker got the skills.

I've been hoping that Ahmed would get a chance at a big title but the way he's going he'll make Miles a top character.

I've read Ridly's The Other History of the DC Universe and it's been good story-telling wise, not a lot if any action. I haven't read his Batman but I might finger thru it the next time I'm at my LCS just to see how he does action.
    I’m actually more convinced that Ridley can do a solid T’Challa based of his Other History than I am his Batman, even though they’re vastly different in form and function. The way he can really dig into the psychology of his characters and shed new light on their beliefs, fears, and motivations tells me that he’s gonna do a deep dive into what makes T’Challa tick, which I think we’ve been missing.

So much of the discourse surrounding the character is about how he just loves Storm and wants to protect Wakanda, but I think Ridley’s more interested in exploring how T’Challa wrestles with his relationship to his people and the friends he’s made and lost through the years. What it means to be one of the most powerful men on Earth and how he’s often been pretty underrated and forgotten in the wider consciousness of the MU.

Priest was a master of exploring T’Challa in relation to questions of power and history, Ridley looks like he’s gonna follow that example. I don’t think we’re gonna get a guy who’s unconfident in who he is or trapped by the mistakes he’s made. At least that’s the hope lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 08-03-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Yup Ahmed is my top choice next to Redjack and David Walker. I’m really tempted to say Jason Aaron too but IDK man he’s a bit too imaginative for my taste sometimes lol. He’ll **** around and have Vibraxas become BP. Or have T’Challa fight the Phoenix Force while possessed by Bast. Too many variables with him, but I think Ahmed, Redjack, and Walker got the skills.

I’m actually more convinced that Ridley can do a solid T’Challa based of his Other History than I am his Batman, even though they’re vastly different in form and function. The way he can really dig into the psychology of his characters and shed new light on their beliefs, fears, and motivations tells me that he’s gonna do a deep dive into what makes T’Challa tick, which I think we’ve been missing.

So much of the discourse surrounding the character is about how he just loves Storm and wants to protect Wakanda, but I think Ridley’s more interested in exploring how T’Challa wrestles with his relationship to his people and the friends he’s made and lost through the years. What it means to be one of the most powerful men on Earth and how he’s often been pretty underrated and forgotten in the wider consciousness of the MU.

Priest was a master of exploring T’Challa in relation to questions of power and history, Ridley looks like he’s gonna follow that example. I don’t think we’re gonna get a guy who’s unconfident in who he is or trapped by the mistakes he’s made. At least that’s the hope lol.
    Well, a story based on T'Challa out to save spies/sleeper agents of Wakanda already has me excited for the following reasons:

What is some of the things that makes a person the most dangerous on the Planet?

Knowledge. Knowledge about yourself and knowledge of your enemies. T'Challa is not afraid to send spies out into the world to gather knowledge which he then uses to formulate his plans and strategies.
    Power and not being afraid to use it. With knowledge comes power. But having power isn't enough. You can't be afraid to use power. To quote Thulsa Doom: "What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"
    Skill. T'Challa has plenty of skill. Too bad we didn't get to see it in the last solo.
    Diplomacy. Sometimes having knowledge and power means knowing when and when not to use. T"Challa is a good diplomat and has the ultimate poker face.

If Ridley can remember these traits that T'Challa has and not try to re-write history, then we'll be fine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol.
    Dude, Riri appearing in one of the outreach centers that T’Challa set up at the end of the first movie makes more sense than anything.

And Namor’s not just going to show up with Atlantian soldier #1 and 2.
    That's not my point. My point is these developments are happening without the franchise name-bearer absent. They can call this film whatever TF they want but Black Panther IS T'Challa...and what makes it worse is, the dynamic between Wakanda and Atlantis stems from the very distinct and crucial relationship between Namor and T'Challa. It's like how people still want Storm to be in a BP film....without T'Challa or in there for any reason at all??? This ish boggles my mind. As for RiRi, no one gives a French toast about her showing up in a BP movie. Let her show up elsewhere, like in Spider-Man or some Disney + show.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 08-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Aaron can go from his pretty damn dark Wolverine run right into writing wacky as **** Wolverine nad the X-Men... and Logan is one of his favorite. Dude is bipolar when it comes to writing. He just gets in these wacky moods and you have no idea what might happen lol. He could write SWAD level T'challa or turn around and turn him into Happy Pants Kirby like stuff.

id still just settle for mediocre. Feels like T'challa needs a stabilizing force in the comics right now. I don't need any sort of deep dive on anything... give me a competent main hero doing hero things and i won't bitch too much
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This was probably planned before Boseman's passing since she got casted in the same year he died. I think there's a good chance Coogler's working on the Ironheart show in some capacity so setting the stage for her introduction with or without T'Challa makes sense I guess. Hasn't he worked with the actress in the past? And I've heard rumors that he was responsible for referring her to Marvel.

I don't think the plans changed as radically as some might expect, if they only pushed back the film a few months that's a heavy indication that the core beats of the movie stayed the same but they were revamped to focus more on the ensemble completing those beats while "honoring" T'Challa. At least that's the way I look at it. So it makes sense they're constant producing new scripts (it's insanely hard to rework a story without the lead) but I don't think they're adding in any major new elements because they want to distract from the fact T'Challa's not there, they were likely there from the beginning.
    I see it the opposite, based on what the cast is saying and how they keep talking, it doesn't sound like the path is super clear. They don't appear to be doing anything other than ,"Honoring Chad" there's WAY too much focus on that

I’m really looking forward to hearing Christopher Judges T’Challa voice. I’m sure he’ll do a good job though JCM III will always be the definitive T’Challa voice for me. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Hey, if the guy puts out a great story and writes a good T'Challa, I'm fine with him being new.

But, I wasn't advocating Narcisse to handle the new BP solo, I'm just glad to hear that more than one person has some ideas for a good BP book. The more people that are interested the more chances we get minis and one-shots.
    RJ, Ridley, Ahmed, Walker, Millar And narcisse in that order