Page 258 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 15079

The fact that people are upset just goes to show you that the t'challa in the black panther movie wasn't t'challa. Because building a failsafe into bucky's arm is the most t'challa thing he's ever done in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hope you guys are paying attention to the outrage at Wyatt Russell for being the new "Captain America" (I think he's been great for that role, but anyway)

And thats just a totally new character.

I think they really fear what replacing Boseman would do. The constant comparisons would be insane. Then you'd have the Ekie's of the world who'd probably see him failing to live up to comic T'Challa as well.

This backlash on an actor for accepting a role has really opened up my eyes. Marvel (MCU) fans are territorial and wont give the guy a new chance anyway. So MCU would rather take their lumps with just a "new BP"
    No matter what the outcome might be, it will never be as bad as what Daniel Craig faced when he was announced as James Bond.

Even the news outlets/media were against him.

Who knows. Maybe the new T'Challa actor might end up earning an Oscar nomination for Marvel if they had gone with a recast. They should have at least try to see the outcome first and if it doesn't work, then, they might think of doing something else. At least I can acknowledge Marvel actually tried.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-13-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    No matter what the outcome might be, it will never be as bad as what Daniel Craig faced when he was announced as James Bond.

Even the news outlets/media were against him.

Who knows. Maybe the new T'Challa actor might end up earning an Oscar nomination for Marvel if they had gone with a recast. They should have at least try to see the outcome first and if it doesn't work, then, they might think of doing something else. At least I can acknowledge Marvel actually tried.
    I think people here are forgetting something. This situation is similar to the spartacus series. The lead passed away from cancer and the show was fire, the second season did a prequel until they were able to recast the lead and the 3rd season was straight fire. The series was at the highest it had been still in S3. They didn't end the series because the numbers weren't there...

We all saw what happened when BP was rolling out before and after it hit theaters and how there was a huge cultural movement. That didn't happen because Shuris "What are those" comment or M'Bakus speech at warrior falls. It was T'Challa who lead the movie, T'Challa who had a hand in everything. And when he was "dead" no one could of would step up to save Wakanda and stand up to Erik. This had happened before. It's not a new thing, and you can honor an actor who brought the character to lie without ending the story of said Character.

I mean come on, Chad had cancer and didn't let that stop him from working on and bringing T'Challa to life. Do people really think after working through cancer that retiring T'Challa after his deaths, when he worked that hard to get the character right, is what he would want? Seriously you put that much effort into a comic Character because you know how important representation is (as others around you claim to support sd well) and you think removing T'Challa is the best way to honor Chad? That completely flies in the face of what he went through

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hope you guys are paying attention to the outrage at Wyatt Russell for being the new "Captain America" (I think he's been great for that role, but anyway)

And thats just a totally new character.

I think they really fear what replacing Boseman would do. The constant comparisons would be insane. Then you'd have the Ekie's of the world who'd probably see him failing to live up to comic T'Challa as well.

This backlash on an actor for accepting a role has really opened up my eyes. Marvel (MCU) fans are territorial and wont give the guy a new chance anyway. So MCU would rather take their lumps with just a "new BP"
    I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there like me that would rather at least see the representation of a black king in the MU rather then following locals like we black tourist in the MU. Personally people die everyday, whitney died, chad died, the world keeps turning. I know that might sound insensitive but i honestly don't feel the let's not recast is coming from a good honest placce but that's just me.

The world NEEDS to see Tchalla right now, some black people i have learned really need that right now to. They don't want us to be kings even in fiction is what it feels like.

And just to add i will remember Boseman for Ma Rainey far before BP. Just saying, his legacy is good.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-13-2021 at 04:14 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Tchalla risks exposing wakanda to conflict to help bucky

Uses resources and time of his top people to help bucky

Frees the mans brain

Replaces his arm with a vibranium version.. his countries precious resource.

Secretely puts in way to disarm someone in case he betrays wakanda

Bucky betrays wakanda

Dora uses fail safe

Shocked pikachu face

And hell.. the fail safe was a temporary disarming. Buckys betrayal was letting the dude who killed their king out.

Which is worse lol?

And these are the lemmings mcu marvel decided to cater to.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Find it bizarre that people want T'Challa to be the one character to be permanently put on a shelf and that the "right" way to honor him and Chadwick is to kill him offscreen and replaced by Shuri. I loved Chadwick's T'Challa but there was still worked to be done and his story had just begun.

After Heath Ledger died WB/DC didn't decide that they were never going to do another Joker but here we are 2 Jokers later with a possible third on the way someday if they use him in the Reeves Batman verse.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 04-13-2021 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Find it bizarre that people want T'Challa to be the one character to be permanently put on a shelf and that the "right" way to honor him and Chadwick is to kill him offscreen and replaced by Shuri. I loved Chadwick's T'Challa but there was still worked to be done and his story had just begun.

After Heath Ledger died WB/DC didn't decide that they were never going to do another Joker but here we are 2 Jokers later with a possible third on the way someday if they use him in the Reeves Batman verse.
    The part that gets me is if Disney is so serious about respecting the legacy of a black man why would they support politicians that are creating laws to make it harder for black people to vote.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/disn...ng*******.html

i mean i can sit and watch their stuff an know disney don't really care about black people in the grand scheme of things, see what they told Emilio Estavez about tackling racial topics on Mighthy Ducks. But i'm not about to let people tell me disney is doing this because they feel it is the right thing to do.

https://screenrant.com/mighty-ducks-...acism-details/

So why doesn't disney find a REAL way to honor boseman if that's what they really feel because i have a hard time believing that's what he would feel they are doing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-13-2021 at 05:14 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Is it a failsafe so much as...they understand how his arm works better than he does? The point was to end the fight quickly without casualty cause the goal was apprehension of Zemo. No deaths but no fighting fairly either with someone who already broke their promise (the time limit) and is impeding you from getting the MURDERER OF YOUR PREVIOUS HEAD OF STATE. The defenders of Bucky acting stupid about this...well it just reminds me of the people who think comic T'challa just get over Namor drowning Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there like me that would rather at least see the representation of a black king in the MU rather then following locals like we black tourist in the MU. Personally people die everyday, whitney died, chad died, the world keeps turning. I know that might sound insensitive but i honestly don't feel the let's not recast is coming from a good honest placce but that's just me.
    I'm curious what you think its really about. I've seen other comments on twitter saying "This is not really about honoring Chadwick" but I can't think of what other motive Marvel could have here. Especially the people like Ryan that actually knew and worked with the man.

Personally I would like a recast. But I would be lying if I said it had anything to do with honoring Chadwick's legacy. I just like T'challa and want more T'challa. Its 100% selfish comic book nerd fandom that is driving my decision. Which is why I don't really speak about it. With everyone talking about legacy and honor my reasons seem trivial in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I'm curious what you think its really about. I've seen other comments on twitter saying "This is not really about honoring Chadwick" but I can't think of what other motive Marvel could have here. Especially the people like Ryan that actually knew and worked with the man.

Personally I would like a recast. But I would be lying if I said it had anything to do with honoring Chadwick's legacy. I just like T'challa and want more T'challa. Its 100% selfish comic book nerd fandom that is driving my decision. Which is why I don't really speak about it. With everyone talking about legacy and honor my reasons seem trivial in comparison.
    I'm not that deep of Tchalla fan but you can tell when people are talking out both sides of their mouth. The franchise is what it is now and i would imagine not having a star at the helm of that that can speak out or up gives you more power and control. At least of the optics. And how can it be about respecting a black man as they say whn they aren't doing anything to actually stand up about these voter suppression laws. It just doesn't feel right. or it feels like they are underestimating their audience. I can't say exactly what it is but something isn't jelling. Maybe i'm tripping but most black disney actors seem pretty mum on what's happening in the world.

I don't mind a recast because i didn't know Boseman it's not like i have a personal connection to him. Thats just not how my brain works. I can't even pretend to understand this, yearning for people one has never met. but it's prob me.

I also don't feel many would want to film in atlanta based on there laws as well but there disney is. But they care about a black man's legacy? Right.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-13-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Meanwhile, the Twitter mob is now saying that W’kabi should be the next Black Panther for the same reason they want to fish Killmongers corpse out of the ocean. “It’ll make a good redemption story.” Lol FOH.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not that deep of Tchalla fan but you can tell when people are talking out both sides of their mouth. The franchise is what it is now and i would imagine not having a star at the helm of that that can speak out or up gives you more power and control. At least of the optics. And how can it be about respecting a black man as they say whn they aren't doing anything to actually stand up about these voter suppression laws. It just doesn't feel right. or it feels like they are underestimating their audience. I can't say exactly what it is but something isn't jelling. Maybe i'm tripping but most black disney actors seem pretty mum on what's happening in the world.

I don't mind a recast because i didn't know Boseman it's not like i have a personal connection to him. Thats just not how my brain works. I can't even pretend to understand this, yearning for people one has never met. but it's prob me.

I also don't feel many would want to film in atlanta based on there laws as well but there disney is. But they care about a black man's legacy? Right.
    Yeah I've never thought Marvel or Disney care about black people. Its a corporation so... But I definitely think people like Ryan Coogler do.

You would think if Marvel was making the soulless corporate decision to chase the cash that they would recast and try move on like nothing happened. I honestly expected that since Kevin Feige would rather fire people like Edgar Wright than change his plan even a little bit. But apparently he's willing to overhaul the entire black panther franchise to honor Chadwick's legacy? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Kevin usually does.

I never thought about the fact that not having a star could make it easier to control the project, but I always thought the control issues were with directors not actors. Doesn't seem like marvel has a problem with that since they just signed a massive deal with Ryan Coogler, so I would imagine he has more control than ever.

There might be a hidden agenda here but I honestly cant see it.

Yeah I've never thought Marvel or Disney care about black people. Its a corporation so... But I definitely think people like Ryan Coogler do.

You would think if Marvel was making the soulless corporate decision to chase the cash that they would recast and try move on like nothing happened. I honestly expected that since Kevin Feige would rather fire people like Edgar Wright than change his plan even a little bit. But apparently he's willing to overhaul the entire black panther franchise to honor Chadwick's legacy? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Kevin usually does.

I never thought about the fact that not having a star could make it easier to control the project, but I always thought the control issues were with directors not actors. Doesn't seem like marvel has a problem with that since they just signed a massive deal with Ryan Coogler, so I would imagine he has more control than ever.

There might be a hidden agenda here but I honestly cant see it.

Optics as well. You have covid, you have black people being shot left and right, you have a movie filled with black actors, boseman in particular cared about the plight of his brothers and sisters. Do you want a press junket for an all black cast in this time when your not doing your part? Much easier to hide behind legacy, legacy, legacy, and delay, delay, delay. They went the wrong rode by saying they are honoring someone when in this case they are selecting the least thing that will make his legacy lasting. Why not the Bosman Center for Social Justice sponsored by Disney. That would do a lot more for the community and Boseman legacy than acting like your preserving a role.

And an actor like Boseman with his quick wit and intellecut would not be sitting around promoting this movie without saying something about what's happening in the world but as Disney told Emilio, they want "comfort tv."

And i don't know much about Coogler but i do know not all Black men are for the positive representation of black men, see Coates BP run. Or lee daniels who whenever he gets a show or platform seems to only want to lean in on either slavery or thug life.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I trust nothing with big business holywood

So imagine a scenario...

Man "idk if i can do this franchise without Chadwick

Business "how bout a raise and full control over a tv franchise"

Man "i suddenly feel so much better"

Im just saying man lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

*Raises hand*

M.o.n.e.y

T'challa is now their highest grossing Solo character....ever

The actor leading that franchise would command a paycheck similar to Robert Downey Junior's or more. Without that role everything/everyone is interchangeable and the real star is "The rich culture of Wakanda".

Wakanda aint getting that massive RDJ paycheck
    Ayo aint getting
    Shuri.....Mbaku....Oyoke...Nakia...ect ect

No Tchalla means no lead solo character which mean Disney cal save move money, look altruistic (which Disney is not), and keep the franchise in a box. None ofnthe characters named above are gonna be competing with Dr Strange or Captain Marvel for the face of the MCU nor will they be defeating any Thanos level threats

Ryan may be a cool guy but this franchise is bigger than him and would move on without him if he left. He initially didnt see tchallas value anyway and dispersed his attributes. Im sure he believes he can make a solid movie without him.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 09:01 AM.