Page 302 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Villains for Hire #0 or #1

He was doing an errand for Misty.
    Oh, cool .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes sense. I hate that it’s taking so long. They better not be holding onto Coates last issue until they’re ready to announce a new team, it’s annoying that they haven’t wrapped up his run already and keep pushing the final issue release date back.
    Yea I’m perfectly fine being a pessimist but I really hope we get a relaunch by winter, though it looks less likely every month. They’re definitely pushing back that final issue because they don’t know what they want the next book to be. Granted, I’d say T’Challa’s in good hands with Aaron but really sucks that Black Panther’s being held hostage by Coates’ garbage ending and Marvel’s lack of direction for the character.

Marvel waitin for a movie plot synopsis so they can guess WTF to do with T'challa lol
    We joke but it’s not really that far fetched lol. Look how quickly the solo introduced all these different MCU elements (frenemy M’Baku, Okoye as main Dora, etc.) and how T’Challa’s being handled across various books. That MCU synergy is probably gonna be heavy in the relaunched book so it’s not crazy to think that Marvel’s plans superficially reflect what they think happens in the sequel. Inflate a side character’s role here, temporarily give another character the BP mantle there, the relaunch will definitely be interesting if the goal is to synergize with the movies without completely replicating them.

**** I dind't know he was broke lol. I tended to skip his runs thta were basically "its all in his head, maybe."
    That's most of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    July solicitations are out and still no Black Panther. Really makes me wonder what in the hell is Marvel and the Mouse waiting on?
    Probably the new movie, so they can grab some of that sweet synergy.

Marvel waitin for a movie plot synopsis so they can guess WTF to do with T'challa lol
    That could work too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Sad thing is that probably is the reason. They love that synergy.
    I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to kill T’Challa in all mediums and chalk it up to wanting to “honor” Chadwick. Synergy is a hell of a drug.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to kill T’Challa in all mediums and chalk it up to wanting to “honor” Chadwick. Synergy is a hell of a drug.
    I wouldn't expect them to go that far. But they might not use him as much. Doesn't make much sense to me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We joke but it’s not really that far fetched lol. Look how quickly the solo introduced all these different MCU elements (frenemy M’Baku, Okoye as main Dora, etc.) and how T’Challa’s being handled across various books. That MCU synergy is probably gonna be heavy in the relaunched book so it’s not crazy to think that Marvel’s plans superficially reflect what they think happens in the sequel. Inflate a side character’s role here, temporarily give another character the BP mantle there, the relaunch will definitely be interesting if the goal is to synergize with the movies without completely replicating them.
    I'm not sure if they will write T'challa out, but it seems at least plausible they will see who the new main character is (is it M'baku? Okoye? Nakia? Shuri? Original?) and then at least have them appear heavily in the comic.

I mean, if the plot synopsis comes out and it goes something like, "With the unexplained absence of their King, [insert main character] must navigate a country in turmoil ect ect..."

Then that first arc at the very least is a T'challa and [insert main character] centric story.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's most of them.
    Yeah.... lol sadly

THe new one coming out soon seems more Huston/Ellis/Bunn ish
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Marvel won’t kill T’Challa off in the comics, I think it’d be seen as poor taste by actual fans and quite frankly he’s the only one who wears the mantle that can carry a solo, assuming it’s of quality as Coates has shown the character isn’t immune to bad sales. As bad as his numbers are right now anyone else in the suit would be doing significantly worse. Marvel MIGHT be able to pull off no T’Challa in the MCU but as far as comics are concerned the brand dies without him.

I do think that there’s a high chance he won’t be the only BP anymore though, and that Shuri (or whoever takes the mantle) will get transformed via MCU synergy into their own BP. We already have two Wolverines, two Spider-Men, two Black Panthers doesn’t really seem that far off nowadays. How Marvel handles the solo and team appearances with two BPs is anyone’s guess.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-22-2021 at 08:33 AM.

And you will have this group of people that will be in support of this decision.

They also may be trying to avoid another Coates situation.

They had Coates take over the solo before the movie stuff was out. His run featured a Wakanda in turmoil, whether T'challa deserved to be king (and then giving his power away), t'challas confidence is shattered, Doras mutiny focused on ayo and aneka, shuri is dead and then comes back as some "sage old advice" history book magician thing, and the book sits their and preaches about monarchies, philosophy, and other boring ass ****.

Movie comes out and... T'challa is 100% a confident king, he has loyal doras lead by Okoye, Shuri is a teenage genius tech wiz, there are like 7 action sequences, monarchy is never challenged, ect

The two things couldn't have been more different. The only two characters to really show up in both runs was T'challa (who is nothing like T'chadwick) and Ramonda.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So, when will they be retiring Steve Rogers? And killing Tony Stark?

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure if they will write T'challa out, but it seems at least plausible they will see who the new main character is (is it M'baku? Okoye? Nakia? Shuri? Original?) and then at least have them appear heavily in the comic.

I mean, if the plot synopsis comes out and it goes something like, "With the unexplained absence of their King, [insert main character] must navigate a country in turmoil ect ect..."

Then that first arc at the very least is a T'challa and [insert main character] centric story.

Yeah.... lol sadly

THe new one coming out soon seems more Huston/Ellis/Bunn ish
    Yea like I said the relaunch will probably superficially reflect what they do in the movies (or what they think might happen depending on when the plot details come out). So some characters might feature more heavily than expected and they may do what they’re currently doing with Daredevil and have T’Challa temporarily lose the mantle and takes a backseat to another character for an arc or two.

I highly doubt they kill off T’Challa but making the book more of an ensemble and sidelining him a bit for the characters who take center stage in the sequel seems pretty likely. Especially if we get a Coates fan on the book or someone who only knows/cares about MCU-related BP material.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    And you will have this group of people that will be in support of this decision.
    I know. I’m really beginning to think that the MCU was both a blessing and a curse to T’Challa. I really am.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

I know people are nervous, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Despite being absent from the future MCU, he's still very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So, when will they be retiring Steve Rogers? And killing Tony Stark?
    Not 100% sure what you mean but editorial obviously forced Okoye's re-emergence and Shuri's change on the comic people.

They don't 100% synergize at all, but they seem to like some (superficial) similarities between the two. For whatever reason. I don't understand it at this point lol

Astonishing Member

They had Coates take over the solo before the movie stuff was out. His run featured a Wakanda in turmoil, whether T'challa deserved to be king (and then giving his power away), t'challas confidence is shattered, Doras mutiny focused on ayo and aneka, shuri is dead and then comes back as some "sage old advice" history book magician thing, and the book sits their and preaches about monarchies, philosophy, and other boring ass ****.

Movie comes out and... T'challa is 100% a confident king, he has loyal doras lead by Okoye, Shuri is a teenage genius tech wiz, there are like 7 action sequences, monarchy is never challenged, ect

The two things couldn't have been more different. The only two characters to really show up in both runs was T'challa (who is nothing like T'chadwick) and Ramonda.
    I don’t know if Marvel would really keep the BP comic hostage until after the movie. That would mean no BP solo til fall 2022, even though they’ve been putting out lots of solo material with Shang-Chi, Black Widow, and Eternals months ahead of their movies. I don’t think the comics will ever 100% mirror the movies (hence my current confidence they won’t kill off T’Challa or permanently give the mantle to someone else).

So they might allow the next creator freedom, but expect them to synergize certain concepts/directions (elevate specific side characters and worldbuilding stuff from the sequel). That way the comic is distinct and can appeal to long time fans who keep the book afloat while making the book more MCU-friendly for the non-existent casuals that read comics lol.