Page 650 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700750 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, classic F4 isn't really that powerful.

Johnny and especially Sue got HUGE power creeps over the years.
    Oh yeah, I meant all modern versions.
    Classics are still strong af but modern's are on another level

Based off reviews the T'Challa episode of What if is either episode 2 or 3 and What if is connected and will impact the MCU proper. So who knows how it will affect the BP franchise in the future or if it does at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Maybe for THAT cartoon it was a good showing for him. But they really didn’t do much to make him seem too formidable, not even compared to what really happened in the comic.

On another note does anyone else feel like TChalla with the lion shawl is underused? I like the idea of it when Hickman used it and feel like it should be part of TChalla’s regular look.

We already got Unfans on our case, do we really need PETA as well?

Seriously tho' T'Challa needs to sport different ceremonial garb for different occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Based off reviews the T'Challa episode of What if is either episode 2 or 3 and What if is connected and will impact the MCU proper. So who knows how it will affect the BP franchise in the future or if it does at all.
    Yeah, it's more and more likely we'll get our new T'Challa from the multiverse. Maybe we'll get the full Priest version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Lol yeah, she said Snakeyes was a brilliant movie and loved it.....and that the movie is to to the Asian community what the BP movie was to the black community! Can you imagine?! Madness.
    yeah, gonna need more people for this one lol. I don't care for her content or opinions at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, it's more and more likely we'll get our new T'Challa from the multiverse. Maybe we'll get the full Priest version.
    Good luck with that. I don't think Coogler could or would even care to write Priest Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    yeah, gonna need more people for this one lol. I don't care for her content or opinions at all.
    That clown was the same one who compared the first Black Panther to Roots of all things.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Fingers crossed. Though knowing Coogler he’ll probably bring in a variant of Killmonger and call it a day since MBJ is the Johnny Depp to his Tim Burton.

No, no. Gotta stay positive.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-01-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Good luck with that. I don't think Coogler could or would even care to write Priest Panther.
    I'm talking about future MCU BP. BP will appear in more than just a solo movie going forward. New Avengers is up next.

And he did write a version of Priest's BP. He just called him Kilmonger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So given Kiber and the 6 million year man have been brought up, how would you guys revamp them if you were in charge.
    I'd go the eldritch body horror angle for Kiber. He's basically a mad scientist energy vampire trapped inside an island so going wild with that would be interesting. So maybe make him able to enter a terrifying large humanoid form but housing the entire mutated ecosystem in his body in combination with his energy powers.

He should be doing nightmarish stuff like opening his mouth and spitting out massive earthen tentacles, his blood drops turning into giant bats comprised of pure energy, just wild stuff. I'd probably reveal he's from somewhere in the Middle East and got caught up in some crazy alchemical experiments that tried to incorporate nanotech and he ends up becoming a living grey goo-like catastrophe. Constantly absorbing and matter and energy and reproducing it, a cancer on the face of the Earth that can travel either on foot or in island form, on the hunt for new prey while unlocking the secrets of his own biology.

T'Challa needs more villains that are just straight up scary and have a lot of firepower, I think Kiber could do that if they play up the mad scientist, body horror elements and the fact he's always got an army at his disposal. Naturally he'd also be someone T'Challa can't just punch out, maybe he's even immortal. Kiber's gotta be deranged, constantly in physical pain, and just an overall frightening character. I kinda want to give him a motivation that's more than "I want vibranium" but that's all I can think of atm.

6 Million Year Man is fine as a guy from a dystopian future of some sort trying to stake his claim as Earth's new ruler before his rival time travelers get to it first. Because those kinds of characters are pretty common the real kicker would be what makes him and his timeline unique but I don't really have any good ideas for that.

Maybe he's from the Black to the Future timeline by Hudlin, a descendant of T'Challa's from the far future? Maybe the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda tried to uncover the true source of vibranium like Wakanda Prime and their explorers got lost in a time warp even deeper in space? IDK, I generally dislike time travel characters and stories so I'm not sure how to make him work.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yea I think its the 2nd one. However, yea Grace is saying the 3rd is the weakest one. Just saw one say the 3rd is the strongest. I wonder if the 3rd is the Killmonger one.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, classic F4 isn't really that powerful.

Johnny and especially Sue got HUGE power creeps over the years.
    Exactly, but I will say at the time, they were the most popular team so it meant quite a bit to see T'Challa win. That's why it needs to be redone and updated. Rise should of taken care of that instead of it just being mentioned in passing

I would trust someone like EMAN on the topic. Because sometimes people like grace can have... Skewed views of good showings for poc. Like when everyone raved about Finn until black people were like "Uhhh dafuq? Finn was treated like absolute ****"

Anyways, I guess I'll just wait and see when it comes out for myself, but really this is the only thing MCU related that I will be watching since EG. Maybe it will provide something, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Fingers crossed. Though knowing Coogler he’ll probably bring in a variant of Killmonger and call it a day since MBJ is the Johnny Depp to his Tim Burton.

No, no. Gotta stay positive.
    Lol, I know it can be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd go the eldritch body horror angle for Kiber. He's basically a mad scientist energy vampire trapped inside an island so going wild with that would be interesting. So maybe make him able to enter a terrifying large humanoid form but housing the entire mutated ecosystem in his body in combination with his energy powers.

He should be doing nightmarish stuff like opening his mouth and spitting out massive earthen tentacles, his blood drops turning into giant bats comprised of pure energy, just wild stuff. I'd probably reveal he's from somewhere in the Middle East and got caught up in some crazy alchemical experiments that tried to incorporate nanotech and he ends up becoming a living grey goo-like catastrophe. Constantly absorbing and matter and energy and reproducing it, a cancer on the face of the Earth that can travel either on foot or in island form, on the hunt for new prey while unlocking the secrets of his own biology.

T'Challa needs more villains that are just straight up scary and have a lot of firepower, I think Kiber could do that if they play up the mad scientist, body horror elements and the fact he's always got an army at his disposal. Naturally he'd also be someone T'Challa can't just punch out, maybe he's even immortal. Kiber's gotta be deranged, constantly in physical pain, and just an overall frightening character. I kinda want to give him a motivation that's more than "I want vibranium" but that's all I can think of atm.

6 Million Year Man is fine as a guy from a dystopian future of some sort trying to stake his claim as Earth's new ruler before his rival time travelers get to it first. Because those kinds of characters are pretty common the real kicker would be what makes him and his timeline unique but I don't really have any good ideas for that.

Maybe he's from the Black to the Future timeline by Hudlin, a descendant of T'Challa's from the far future? Maybe the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda tried to uncover the true source of vibranium like Wakanda Prime and their explorers got lost in a time warp even deeper in space? IDK, I generally dislike time travel characters and stories so I'm not sure how to make him work.
    I like your Kiber idea, T'Challa does need some scary villains for sure. Maybe the angle for Kiber is that vibranium is the one thing that seemingly clears his mind and give him small reprieves from the pain and allows him to focus his power better when his mind and body arent under constant strain, therefore making him even more dangerous.

I dunno if you saw it, but a few pages back, I had an idea for 6 million year man and basically he is literally vastly superior to T'Challa in every sense of the word, due to advance technology he wields. Basically fighting Him in a Head on fight would be a straight loss 9.5/10 goes to 6mil man because of the technological advantage. So T'Challa has to use unorthodox approaches to beat him and get around his tech to actually hurt him given the discrepancy in technology because that tech allows him to plan, fight and react in ways that is beyond what would be capable of non enhanced humans.

I think the scary factor of 6 million year old man could be going with the angle of just how ordinary he actually is. He isn't a mad genius or a cut above his fellow peers, in comparison, he is an average Joe and compared to his peers and there are ones vastly superior to him.

He goes to the past because he has a inferiority complex to the people in his time. But in the 616 time the technological advantage is like comparing Cavemen (or maybe civil war era technology) to covenant technology from halo (or to Modern day technology, whichever works best) that can push him to an Avengers level threat with proper development and with the focus on T'Challa being needed to beat him.

Before he is defeated he reveals this, that he is actually very ordinary, and of one of his peers ever decided to visit the past like he did, given how much the struggled to beat him, just imagine how dire the situation would be if an EXCEPTIONAL being came to the past.