Page 506 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think no one talked about it much because it doesn't seem many are reading the book.

Plus, it is alternate reality tchalla, so the feats don't count lol
    Damn. I just realized that right before your post. Lol

well I guess T'Challa is a better lover then Batman too
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    My prediction is Black Panther 2 will be somewhat of a flop (compared to Black Panther) and they’ll recast TChalla for Black Panther 3. I see it coming a mile away, people aren’t as naive as some may think. We know who the star of the franchise is, and so do non-comic readers. I for damn sure am not going to get amped up about seeing Shuri in the suit. This is almost going to play out perfectly for Feige to see how important the character is. It just sucks that we lost Chadwick in the process. I still think they went a little to humble and kind hearted with TChalla under Chadwick.

I wanted to explore more of the vengeful and fearsome side of TChalla under Boseman. Make him more of a unique hero and not so much of a boy-scout like Cap.
    I kinda get what you're saying. However, we cant say "I'm tired of black death" then complain about the character being like the best black tv dad style as well. T'Challa was from a place of love and was grieving.

This maybe speaks to Boseman's performance more than their plans with the character though. There was always a bit of sadness in his eyes. Yet his smile and posture were uplifting and displayed strength.

I thought it was positive to see the impact of "home" give him the strength to not lose his way. He lost his way outside of Wakanda in Civil War.

I didnt need vengeful T'Challa in the sequel. I wanted tactial T'Challa, crafty T'Challa and plans upon plans T'Challa.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-16-2021 at 08:48 AM.

I think no one talked about it much because it doesn't seem many are reading the book.

I understand why the did it but they should just made/released HR main series in Avengers series, especially since they aren’t doing tie ins in the main avengers series like that..

Ultimate Member

I think him being a vengeful person in the sequel would undo the character progression he had since Civil War. I think he actually had remarkable character progression in his first two movies and I think seeing him as a leader while Wakanda opens up a bit more would've been cool to se.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Basically, she asked what's the best way to kill off T'Challa in order to end his legacy?

Y'all are way too comfortable with black death and misery at this point

Y'all??? Bruh, I'm not happy nor comfortable with anything about BP2 right now. I'm all for a recast. I just posted that link because Grace claims to have gotten confirmation from her "sources" insinuating that T'Challa not being in this is a done deal. I'm still in shock that we're getting what we're getting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    THIS, ...is the thing I have so much venom for. People went nuts, and turned out for T'Challa...The Black Panther! Remove any one of the side characters, and he still goes on as the most important fact in the mythos. I for one could care less about making a statement for black female characters. I'm not concerned about Coogler's emotional connection to Chadwick, and at the end of the day if Feige left the decision to Coogler and he proceeded to write out T'Challa, then they should have sat him down and brought in a different director. Let's not act like Hollywood doesn't do this all the time. Not here for any other "agenda" of any kind. Taking the character out of his own story is just trash. We don't see any other Marvel main character just snatched out their place.
    This! All day.

It seems like the Avengers, have both alternate and a hint of the 616 memories. Like Mephisto messed up or this is his way of messing with Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Y'all??? Bruh, I'm not happy nor comfortable with anything about BP2 right now. I'm all for a recast. I just posted that link because Grace claims to have gotten confirmation from her "sources" insinuating that T'Challa not being in this is a done deal. I'm still in shock that we're getting what we're getting.
    I'm surprised anyone takes anything she says seriously at This point

lol. I'm referring to the people who are in support of T'Challa dying. I know you are not part of this group.

Lol, that little heifer low key didn't care for T'Challa as a focal point anyway, she was pushing Shuri before the first BP credits ended. So, don't listen to what she think she know!

Wasn’t she the idiot that claimed that Marvel would do a cgi Chadwick? To which Marvel themselves had to come out and shut that **** down? I ain’t buying anything she says.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

One thought I just had (and I know I've been on both sides of the debate)

How are they going to handle the 3rd act fight/battle?

With T'Challa you had an experienced martial artist, years of fights under his belt against some of the biggest threats in the world, etc. Years of knowing how to handle the herb. Part of the reason Killmonger loses imo is that he really wasnt adjusted to all the super speed, quickness, etc. Not adjusted using it and not adjusted fighting people with it.

It'd be quite a leap for Shuri to beat Namor or whoever else pulling strings. She didnt train for that. She wasnt built for that. At least the MCU version.

Also they passed up giving the herb to Shuri in the original cause she wasnt ready for a Killmonger. M'Baku, while a good gesture, probably knew he wasnt worthy of it either. They NEEDED T'Challa because he was the only one with the skill, intelligence and experience to win something like that.

Again I try to see both sides. However, this decision could ultimately undo everything they did in the previous movie if its not handled correctly.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-16-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    One thought I just had (and I know I've been on both sides of the debate)

How are they going to handle the 3rd act fight/battle?

With T'Challa you had an experienced martial artist, years of fights under his belt against some of the biggest threats in the world, etc. Years of knowing how to handle the herb. Part of the reason Killmonger loses imo is that he really wasnt adjusted to all the super speed, quickness, etc. Not adjusted using it and not adjusted fighting people with it.

It'd be quite a leap for Shuri to beat Namor or whoever else pulling strings. She didnt train for that. She wasnt built for that. At least the MCU version.

Also they passed up giving the herb to Shuri in the original cause she wasnt ready for a Killmonger. M'Baku, while a good gesture, probably knew he wasnt worthy of it either. They NEEDED T'Challa because he was the only one with the skill, intelligence and experience to win something like that.

Again I try to see both sides. However, this decision could ultimately undo everything they did in the previous movie if its not handled correctly.
    They’ll probably get around it by not having a big 1 on 1 showdown at all. Either that or we get a team effort like we did with the Big Three against Thanos. It doesn’t make sense to have Shuri become BP but then have M’Baku be the one to defeat Namor (which he couldn’t do anyway without some HSH, tech, and prep). But at the same time audiences aren’t going to be so sad about T’Challa’s premature death that they’ll look at Shuri beating Namor as anything other than an insult to their intelligence.

The answer is to have it so Namor changes his ways before he does something so terrible that he needs to be put down. As in they’re not gonna have him slaughter thousands of people like he did in the comics. I suspect he won’t be the real villain of BP2, just a front for someone like Achebe or Tetu, who are much lower tier threats that could be working for Doom. They somehow trick/mind control Namor into attacking Wakandan assets overseas and domestically which results in some skirmishes then during the third act battle Shuri or whoever helps him snap out of it and they team up to take down the mastermind behind it all.

Astonishing Member

T’Challa made a nice appearance in FF for Doom’s wedding. Seems like he’s looking for a non-aggression pact with Latveria. He had the usual tension with Namor but other than that he’s just a spectator to the events of the issue. No interesting moments with any of the FF outside Ben. Looks like we’ll get to see him in action next issue given how things ended up. Nothing spectacular but I did like his regalia even if it’s a bit basic.

I’m really looking forward to this return to espionage for the character because we often don’t get to see T’Challa the statesman. But with Wakanda more involved in global security than ever before and a variety of geopolitical hotspots cropping up in Avengers, there’s a rich storytelling landscape to explore with his character.