Page 622 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 15079

Still giving Ridley a chance before I write him off, but damn I’m sick of Storm and I wish she weren’t showing up already. Also the fact that this is in the solicits even after they pushed the first issue back to December makes me wonder what the hell happened to cause that delay.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd be down for it, definitely a retcon though lol. If they revealed Wakanda had some ancient ties with Arakko that'd be really interesting. Now that I think about it, what if T'Challa is going there to save a Wakandan agent on Krakoa/Mars?

It's one thing for an agent in Colombia or Uzbekistan to get offed, but a spy on Krakoa/Mars? Those are harder to replace and would almost certainly be noticed. If he wants to be aware of mutant business it would definitely be in his interest to make sure that agent doesn't get got. Maybe his meeting with Storm is just a cover to save Gentle or some Arakko mutant.
    If the sword can be a retcon, then that opens the door. T'Challa plays things close to the vest and never reveals his full hand. He's had a sleeper among the Arraki long before the X-Men knew they existed.

This person has been supplying him with all kinds of intel which is another reason why Wakanda has been rejecting Krakoan offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    If t'challa is there to steal something, he wouldn't be so sloppy as to be caught
    Kings don't steal, they pay people for that. He isn't a thief

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, that solicit makes me unlikely to pick up the book. Once again, T'Challa needs help to get isht done.

And the only other BP project is literally Rise of the Black Panther 2.0, once again written by someone who has never written a comic.

Sorry, my brothers, but I'm done. I might be back when real movie news drops.

Yea I'm definitely feeling like a retreat from T'Challa would be a nice change of pace for me too lol. Between the movie not capturing my interest and a worrying solicit for the main comic I'm really banking my short term fandom on my reread of Priest and that crappy video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    But why drop the run because of just one thing? That’s why we can’t consistently get BP books. The loyal fans he does have are dropping runs without giving things time to develop.
    If Ridley has T'Challa groveling like a child asking for him and Storm to get back together I know with 99% accuracy I won't enjoy the rest of the run lol. If T'Challa is on Mars and doesn't comport himself with confidence and "ulterior motives" I won't enjoy the rest of the run.

There are signals you can get early on in a series whether you'll find it worth your money or not. If Ridley can't convince me within the first 5 issues of his run that he knows how to write a confident, capable T'Challa that is outthinking everyone and a virtually unmatched warrior then I have little confidence his run will be to my liking.

And if that's the case I'm not gonna waste my money on supporting a fictional character whose depiction I don't like. Marvel will never stop making BP comics, if I don't like Ridley's run I'm happy letting it flop so they can relaunch with someone who writes the character in a way I enjoy. Every book I read gets 3-5 issues, that's more than enough time to make a good impression.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-22-2021 at 03:25 PM.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ontent=link_ad

a new 4 issue mini just dropped. Not sure if already posted

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I'm definitely feeling like a retreat from T'Challa would be a nice change of pace for me too lol. Between the movie not capturing my interest and a worrying solicit for the main comic I'm really banking my short term fandom on my reread of Priest and that crappy video game.

If Ridley has T'Challa groveling like a child asking for him and Storm to get back together I know with 99% accuracy I won't enjoy the rest of the run lol. If T'Challa is on Mars and doesn't contort himself with confidence and "ulterior motives" I won't enjoy the rest of the run.

There are signals you can get early on in a series whether you'll find it worth your money or not. If Ridley can't convince me within the first 5 issues of his run that he knows how to write a confident, capable T'Challa that is outthinking everyone and a virtually unmatched warrior then I have little confidence his run will be to my liking.

And if that's the case I'm not gonna waste my money on supporting a fictional character whose depiction I don't like. Marvel will never stop making BP comics, if I don't like Ridley's run I'm happy letting it flop so they can relaunch with someone who writes the character in a way I enjoy. Every book I read gets 3-5 issues, that's more than enough time to make a good impression.

I agree to him outsmarting people and looking like a warrior.

But why drop the run because of just one thing? That’s why we can’t consistently get BP books. The loyal fans he does have are dropping runs without giving things time to develop.
    I gave Coates a shot, despite some initial misgivings. We all saw how well that worked out.

I'm much more cynical now.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I gave Coates a shot, despite some initial misgivings. We all saw how well that worked out.

I'm much more cynical now.
    I understand. But Ridley met the bare minimum by saying that he likes T’Challa in an interview (something the former guy never did), so I have hope. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well, that's gonna ruffle some feathers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not even close, he is the reason the title is in this mess

Bc all o asked for was a boring generic run without stupid **** and it looks like there is stupid **** afoot.

Im not even asking for the stars here lol

I will not pay for more storm groveling. Im done, if i wanted that, id buy xmen.

I better get some interviews giving me hope or ill drop this real quick. There is zero goodwill left. Coates burned that
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I understand. But Ridley met the bare minimum by saying that he likes T’Challa in an interview (something the former guy never did), so I have hope. Lol.
    Like all the writers before him, I'll give Ridley a chance. He's actually written comics prior to coming on Black Panther.

I'll stick with him right until the moment he gives us his version of the Bland Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not even close, he is the reason the title is in this mess

Bc all o asked for was a boring generic run without stupid **** and it looks like there is stupid **** afoot.

Im not even asking for the stars here lol

I will not pay for more storm groveling. Im done, if i wanted that, id buy xmen.

I better get some interviews giving me hope or ill drop this real quick. There is zero goodwill left. Coates burned that

Well I don’t want the Storm groveling either. The only way I don’t support the book, is if it’s terrible.

"Hey guys, check out this post by Klaue's Mixtape!"

Ultimate Member

Being a Loyal fan has been a WEAPON used by Unfans and others to bully folks into buying book. It's not about story quality. It 's not about how a character is done-it's about keeping a book around because of who is in it.

Example-John Stewart fans were told by the artist that Hal Jordan and TGLC- was a HAL book. So many did not support the book. Guess what happened a V LINE got formed lead by certain fans lecturing John fans about not being REAL fans and supporting the franchise.

Redjack gets the book-those SAME fans are NOW saying it's okay to NOT buy the book. Because SOMEONE is not the lead.

We had it happen here way too many times. We have not harassed, bully or doxed anyone. We just stopped buying the books.
    Yet we are WRONG for doing what MANY need to start doing.

We can't get a consistent BP book because of MARVEL.

We did not hire Coates and his gang.
    We did not allow another franchise to throw shade at Panther for the last 11 years.
    We did allow store owners and others to scream books starring black folks are not welcomed in our stores.
    It is not our fault Black Panther is not about a white guy adopted by a black king and took over.
    It is not us saying Black Panther owes everything to X-Men-that he had nothing without them.

Now we know how Wanda fans feel.