Page 639 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly lol, Doom being a dick to everyone is kinda his defining trait. And I don’t think Storm even accepted the premise of his discussion, she put the whole thing to rest lol.

Ewing is actually the only X-writer I trust with T’Challa and the BP mythos because he’s the type that brings out the best in all characters and clearly respects the black characters he brings to the forefront. Which I can’t say for a good portion of the current writers in that office, many of whom have clear bias. It’s partly why even though I’m worried to see how he incorporates the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda (a concept I hate and would rather have been destroyed) I’m fairly confident he’ll give them a fair shake.
    I hope so. Just because Coates wasted the concept doesn't mean it's not something worth dusting off and giving a second try.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope so. Just because Coates wasted the concept doesn't mean it's not something worth dusting off and giving a second try.
    I still want the Intergalactic Empire destroyed, I’m just waiting to see if Ewing can rehab the concept lol. If he can’t do it I’m hoping the next Marvel cosmic event wipes it out or the concept enters limbo until someone has a good revamp in mind.

Personally, I don’t want there to be this pressure for BP to always be operating on a cosmic level and it’s annoying that less than 5 issues in we’re once again getting T’Challa off Earth under Ridley. If the IGEW as a concept sucks and writers keep trying to incorporate it just because it’s there I foresee a lot of really bad BP space stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't see it that way:

Meh, I have no problem with this. It’s in character for Doom to be an ass. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or even adapting. I’d love to see what an adaptation of that story could look like under better writers. Well in a medium like cartoons or video games obviously. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I still want the Intergalactic Empire destroyed, I’m just waiting to see if Ewing can rehab the concept lol. If he can’t do it I’m hoping the next Marvel cosmic event wipes it out or the concept enters limbo until someone has a good revamp in mind.

Personally, I don’t want there to be this pressure for BP to always be operating on a cosmic level and it’s annoying that less than 5 issues in we’re once again getting T’Challa off Earth under Ridley. If the IGEW as a concept sucks and writers keep trying to incorporate it just because it’s there I foresee a lot of really bad BP space stories.
    Yup, wipe that **** out, just make sure the story is good when you do it lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I actually want the empire to stick around since in the hands of a good writer, it can make T’Challa a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention the storytelling potential of how it would affect Wakandas relationship with other nations (especially superpowers) when they find out that a small nation like Wakanda has an empire that has literally conquered planets across the Galaxy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I guess I've just been burned too often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup, wipe that **** out, just make sure the story is good when you do it lol
    I think it should get wiped out if Ewing can’t do it. I would’ve much preferred the concept was destroyed before he got his hands on it though so we could start completely fresh the next time a BP writer wanted to do space stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I actually want the empire to stick around since in the hands of a good writer, it can make T’Challa a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention the storytelling potential of how it would affect Wakandas relationship with other nations (especially superpowers) when they find out that a small nation like Wakanda has an empire that has literally conquered planets across the Galaxy.
    Does it really make T’Challa stronger? The Empire is so far away that if Wakanda got invaded by Atlantis it would probably take days/weeks before the cavalry got there. No way Marvel’s adherence to the status quo will ever let the Empire be a deciding factor in a major storyline, that’s why it got ignored in Empyre and KIB and why Ewing isn’t even bothering to write the BP tie-in.

And even if writers did embrace Wakanda having these far flung planets, we have a hard enough time getting rogues that can stand up to T’Challa as just a king. Make him an intergalactic emperor and the only legit threat he can face is another alien empire or some cosmic being. He basically becomes what Thor is now but much weaker, and it’d be ridiculous to see Thor fighting petty assassins from Latveria when he’s got 9 realms to protect, let alone 5 galaxies lol.

A space empire fundamentally changes the scope of who BP is as a character in ways that don’t really seem necessary or viable. I’d much rather we stuck with the basic storyline of him starting colonization on a planet not too far away from Earth instead of sidestepping organic Wakandan space development and saddling the mythos with quintillions of new citizens, thousands of planets, and a legacy tarnished by slavery.

And my main issue is writers feeling like they have no choice but to include the IGEW, the same way they feel they need to do a Klaw story or need to have Storm in the book as the effective co-lead. Not every writer knows how to write space opera and if the concept itself is bad and writers aren’t committed to fixing it before using it, it just means crappy BP space stories.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-28-2021 at 06:42 PM.

I don't see it that way:

See, this is why they need to stop this. T'Challa ain't got anything to do with what's going on yet somehow he gets dragged into this nonsense.

This was just unnecessary.

I don't see it that way:

NGL. I was expecting way worse lol. Its kinda meh. Doom just hating on T'Challa cause he do t got 5 galaxies under his control lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    See, this is why they need to stop this. T'Challa ain't got anything to do with what's going on yet somehow he gets dragged into this nonsense.

This was just unnecessary.
    Say IT LOUDER

I really don't get the problem of being a wife of a king. Princess Diana was married to a prince and no one ever belittled her for it. She build her own life and everyone loved her for that;

It has been almost one decade that the marriage ended

The problem here never was T'challa, it was the x-men writers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah, in the right hands it could be very good. It opens the door for BP to have a reason to be in space and deal with other empires and not just doing Avengers missions.

Doom threw major shade on T'Challa in SWORD #7. But Storm was written well. *rolls eyes*

*sighs*

What shade being thrown at T'Challa in something involving Storm?! Who could have seen this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

What shade being thrown at T'Challa in something involving Storm?! Who could have seen this coming?
    Yeah somebody wake me when T'Challa is on Krakoa and Emma is trying to put moves on him while throwing shade at Storm at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah somebody wake me when T'Challa is on Krakoa and Emma is trying to put moves on him while throwing shade at Storm at the same time.
    If a writer ever has the balls to have T'Challa and Emma hook up while throwing some shade Storm's way, I'm going to be laughing like this

Because I'm petty I want them hook up
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-28-2021 at 08:27 PM.