Page 569 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Of topic a bit, but if I could write, part of my BP quest for the source of vibranium would have had an arc of T'Challa ala Robinson Crusoe on some random planet or moon. T'Challa cut of from all his usual resources in a hostile environment so far from earth is my idea of really showing what he is. No Wakandan lifline to save his ass. Just him vs whatever until he can continue the larger arc of his quest.
    Yeah, that would be an interesting idea, and I'd say as long as we're talking about T'Challa/Black Panther, we're never off-topic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Surprised Marvel hasn't done an Old Man T'Challa yet. I think both Clint and Quil haven't gotten similar stories but I don't know if they were set in the same AU as OML.

If I had to write a "finale" for T'Challa it would be a sequel to this:

Same for me, I want To see him live to an old age 90 or 100 or 120, but still active enough to you know handle himself if need be well he looks around it the success hes had in family & life he’s made I don’t want to see a extra depressing end & etc

I'm not interested in seeing beat down T'Challa, as I said, I don't see or would want a story of T'Challa dying. "The Panthers work ever continues" that would be the ending quote for the story he is always on the move, always planning. He is never idle. It's not in his nature

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Enjoy being depressed at the theaters yall lol

imagine writing out Dumbledore after Chamber of Secrets. Just give his part to McGonagall right?
    Or better yet, had something happened to Daniel, let's just make Nevill the new lead. He was born around the same time as Harry, at the end of the Summer and has just about the same motivation in needing to put Voldermort in the ground as much as Harry. Just rename the movie franchise, Hogwarts: The Wizard ingredients World....of course such nonsense would never happen. They'd recast the role of Harry immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Or better yet, had something happened to Daniel, let's just make Nevill the new lead. He was born around the same time as Harry, at the end of the Summer and has just about the same motivation in needing to put Voldermort in the ground as much as Harry. Just rename the movie franchise, Hogwarts: The Wizard ingredients World....of course such nonsense would never happen. They'd recast the role of Harry immediately.
    Like E-Man said, with white characters it’s addition and multiplication but with Black characters it’s subtraction and division.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Yep. It's a sad sorry state of affairs for black characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Like E-Man said, with white characters it’s addition and multiplication but with Black characters it’s subtraction and division.
    Sad but accurate. Sad but accurate.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I was gonna ask you about that eventually, glad you brought it up because I forgot.

You are about the only other person on here that has read Panther's Quest it seems lol.

Did Rise have no place to squeeze it in? I can't remember if Ramonda disappeared or not during Rise.

What got absolutely thrown out is Who is the Black Panther. I don't think there is anyway to keep any of it anymore. T'challa/T'chaka has gone back to the older origin of T'chaka's death and it just doesn't really fit, other than Wakanda always being technologiclaly advanced.
    So the tricky thing about Panther's Quest is that T'Challa never met his mother Ramonda because she went back to South Africa when he was very young and got kidnapped. Now, she's not his mother, he knew her when he was much older, and there doesn't seem to be an opportunity for her to go back to South Africa. Additionally, it's hard to fit apartheid in the sliding timeline. The supremacists' regime was in power when Ramonda met T'Chaka as opposed to when T'Challa was established as Black Panther.

The way I see it, the only ways to make it work are either a) Ramonda gets kidnapped when T'Challa is a child and the Black Panther who rescues her is T'Chaka or b) Ramonda gets kidnapped in South Africa after T'Challa was an adult by extremists but not necessarily government officials but South Africa isn't under apartheid control when it happens. Given this, it's possible that it happens after Rise of the Black Panther. But there's no scenario where he's searching for a mother he half remembers and I don't see a scenario where she's kidnapped for more than a brief period of time. Unless, once again, you want to retcon the story with T'Chaka as Black Panther (which may be consistent with why he doesn't have the Vibranium weave suit despite having it in this story). If it wasn't for the fact that Ramonda is South African and N'Yami is Wakandan in Rise, I feel like you'd almost be better off just replacing Ramonda with N'Yami in that story. But it couldn't really work without major continuity issues for the modern character.

That's a good point about Who is the Black Panther. To me, since that story was never intended to be in-continuity, it pretty much had issues once the rest of the book became part of 616. It's a big ask to pick an origin that erases the Lee and Kirby story. That being said, there are elements of the aesthetic of that story that I still think matter. Not just Wakanda's technological advancement, but also some of the portrayal of Klaw.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 07-07-2021 at 04:49 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Do you think it fits the character or do you think he'd prefer to go out like his father, heroically saving the earth/realm/wakanda?
    Wait.... wasn't Tchaka assassinated by Klaw?

Both in the original story and in Hudlin's?

That's NOT a heroic death.

I prefer Tchalla live till he is elderly around 140years but looks 70years old due to the cross generational progressive effects of the HSH.

If Tchalla is to die, it should be superheroically grand like saving the universe literally type of thing that gives Tchalla and Wakanda recognition on a cosmic multi-dimensional scale including universal abstracts.

Or Tchalla could be the first King to physically walk into the Djalia/ Wakandan afterlife of royalties after seeing all his efforts succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ideally he'd live to an old age after seeing most of his efforts succeed.
    Co-signed!

That’s my biggest concern as of now. If it were all up to me, and Marvel made it a mandate to not recast Boseman’s version (emphasis on Boseman’s) I’d just bring in a variant of T’Challa from a different timeline (for those of you that have been watching Loki) and make Shuri the griot.
    Exactly, it's becoming painfully annoying.

That’s my biggest concern as of now. If it were all up to me, and Marvel made it a mandate to not recast Boseman’s version (emphasis on Boseman’s) I’d just bring in a variant of T’Challa from a different timeline (for those of you that have been watching Loki) and make Shuri the griot.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Wait.... wasn't Tchaka assassinated by Klaw?

Both in the original story and in Hudlin's?

That's NOT a heroic death.

d.
    Current canon (Rise) T'chaka died stopping Klaw from invading Wakanda and died stopping him from killing T'challa.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

If you are talking abotu it cconnecting to the other Old man Stories

It has the potential for pain lol. AKA everyones dead except T'challa and life sucks hard lol. The universe ain't "fun." I think it works well for a character like Logan, who's whole life sucks anyway, but for T'challa it would be a stark contrast to his normal comics.

Just thinking of a concept for that... I think the best way to go would be to make him a slave along with the rest of what is left of Wakanda. It would have to be some dark **** like that for it to fit the universe.
    Wtf do you want to make Tchalla a slave again?

After the shite of TNC?

Mighty Member

Current canon (Rise) T'chaka died stopping Klaw from invading Wakanda and died stopping him from killing T'challa.
    I dunno if I want Rise as current canon but OK.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Surprised Marvel hasn't done an Old Man T'Challa yet. I think both Clint and Quil haven't gotten similar stories but I don't know if they were set in the same AU as OML.
    A T'Challa in the Old Man/Millar verse really wouldn't work.

It's based on the flimsy premise that since the villains outnumber the heroes, they'd win if they all teamed up.

But even if you multiply T'Challa's rogues by ten, they'd still be outnumbered by, ya know, Wakanda.

Wtf do you want to make Tchalla a slave again?

After the shite of TNC?
    Have you not read the Old Man universe comics?

The universe is horrid. It would have to be something shitty like that to fit.

Plus he was a slave for like 1 panel in TNC run lol.

I dunno if I want Rise as current canon but OK.

Thanks for clarifying.
    I mean, not like we can choose "canon." Whatever comes out last is the canon if it retcons something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A T'Challa in the Old Man/Millar verse really wouldn't work.

It's based on the flimsy premise that since the villains outnumber the heroes, they'd win if they all teamed up.

But even if you multiply T'Challa's rogues by ten, they'd still be outnumbered by, ya know, Wakanda.
    Eh, Doom and his army, Namor and his Army, with Killmongers intel and Klaw actually used to his full potential, + whoever other random team up would take care of the situation in that universe.

As of now, he is jus tdead like the rest of the heroes, so it worked so some extent lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Eh, Doom and his army, Namor and his Army, with Killmongers intel and Klaw actually used to his full potential, + whoever other random team up would take care of the situation in that universe.

As of now, he is just dead like the rest of the heroes, so it worked so some extent lol
    I mean, they'd have to find a way to take Wakanda off the table, and the complaints would be endless

The 'Old Man' verse is best left alone. Logical examination would destroy it