Page 803 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 303703753793799800801802803804805806807813853903 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m glad he sees the potential in Hunter. He deserves to be an A lister in T’Challas rogues gallery. And speaking of Hunter, would you prefer him to have an African accent or an American sounding one like in BPQ.
    In limbo or 6 feet under for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Interview from the Legends writer. Seems very excited to expand on Hunter. The Storm stuff is going to be interesting.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

I'm tired of seeing Storm in BP books. Hudlin should have left their relationship as nothing more than a teen romance that couldn't go anywhere.

I’m glad he sees the potential in Hunter. He deserves to be an A lister in T’Challas rogues gallery. And speaking of Hunter, would you prefer him to have an African accent or an American sounding one like in BPQ.
    Hunter should've been the most prominent supporting character and antagonist. It's nice to actually see him and T'Challa as brothers. Outside of BPQ I don't think we got that since Priest made the age gap between them a decade or more and Hudlin tossed him in limbo until he was used by Liss. Hoping that Ridley brings him into the fold, he can easily fit into a storyline involving spies. He should have an accent since he lived in Wakanda since he was a baby and dedicates his entire being to it. I thought it was weird that he didn't have one BPQ but i think that was because he was already a kid when he was adopted and not a baby.

The relationship is parasitic at this point.
    Too many novice Xmen fans getting their break writing BlackPanther.

And the fact this guy found out about T’Challa when reading Avengers vs. X-Men is a huge red flag for me. I guess one upside to him not being in the MCU (for now at least) is that we don’t have to see any of that parasitism on film. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm sorry but hudlin gets no props from me. Marriage was a mistake. It should have been as it was prior and the creation of shuri is like growing malignancy. Every issue I have with the franchise originates from hudlin. No props. Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I'm sorry but hudlin gets no props from me. Marriage was a mistake. It should have been as it was prior and the creation of shuri is like growing malignancy. Every issue I have with the franchise originates from hudlin. No props. Nope
    I see where you’re coming from. Heck my opinions of the movie have soured ever since Chadwick died and Marvek said they wouldn’t recast. Now I’m a lot more aware of the flaws regarding T’Challas portrayal in the MCU and honestly (though I’m still not writing off the possibility of a variant of T’Challa being introduced) I’m kind of in MOS mindset right now. I’m just finding my excitement for the MCU going forward waning. And I’m obviously tuning out for any BP related projects in the MCU going forward.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Same thoughts here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The marriage itself was not bad..... It's the devoted hatred and abuse of the BP mythos from the X-Men side that's the issue here when X-Men just create and do whatever they want with BP mythos ....saving Wakanda, saving BP, insulting BP, forcefully imposing random stuff into Wakandan history, Storm being worshipped nonsense and her being a HEAVILY RECURRING cast taking away page/screentime from native BP characters, etc....yet BP is Not allowed to feature in X-Men books except when to insult BP and/ Wakanda, BP doesn't even get the respect as a king, BP/ Wakanda is never allowed to save the X-Men, BP writers are not allowed to create forced shite into the X-Men mythos the same why the X-Men so with BP.

Everything is just one sided to the benefit of the X-Men... until BP mythos gets the same authority and respect to do the same to the X-Men mythos....***STORM MUST GO!!!!!***

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Objectively, he should have the same accent as everyone else because that's where he was raised. In my head, I end up giving him a South African Afrikaans accent because that's the easiest white person in Africa accent I can think of.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    The marriage itself was not bad..... It's the devoted hatred and abuse of the BP mythos from the X-Men side that's the issue here when X-Men just create and do whatever they want with BP mythos ....saving Wakanda, saving BP, insulting BP, forcefully imposing random stuff into Wakandan history, Storm being worshipped nonsense and her being a HEAVILY RECURRING cast taking away page/screentime from native BP characters, etc....yet BP is Not allowed to feature in X-Men books except when to insult BP and/ Wakanda, BP doesn't even get the respect as a king, BP/ Wakanda is never allowed to save the X-Men, BP writers are not allowed to create forced shite into the X-Men mythos the same why the X-Men so with BP.

Everything is just one sided to the benefit of the X-Men... until BP mythos gets the same authority and respect to do the same to the X-Men mythos....***STORM MUST GO!!!!!***
    Okay, I mess with this post! I never had an issue, as a matter of fact. I welcomed the idea of T'Challa and Storm getting together in the same degree as the Wakandan empire concept. How would any of us know we'd roll craps on both ? Funny, it makes me wonder where Black Panther would be if just these 2 concepts were executed flawlessly.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

At least 3 series devoted to the universe of BLACK PANTHER would be in development on the side of Disney +. ( via
    @DanielRPK
    )
    At the moment, 2 series are officially known:
    Right-pointing triangle A series on Wakanda (Ryan Coogler in production)
    Right-pointing triangle A series with Okoye
    https://twitter.com/MarvelCineVerse/...15317740077056

Are they filming the movie and series at the same time? Or just someone misreading his info?

I like Hudlin. I like Hudlin's run. Hudlin is one of the few BP writers who WANTED to write him, who championed the character, who pushed the character, and actually liked the character. Everything Hudlin did was designed to push T'challa higher and higher.

But

I think nearly every one of his retcons and decisions backfired in the worst possible way long term for T'challa. Whether it was his retcon of Wakanda, the addition of Shuri, Storm, sidelining the 2 dora system into an army, getting blown up by Doom, the massacre of T'challa's entire supporting cast

Just... yikes. It came from a heart of gold but yikes
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Basically the same outside of an extra sibling
    Basically the same outside of replacing one sibling with another. Instead of T'Challa, Jakarra and Shuris, it's Hunter, T'Challa, and Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

I'm tired of seeing Storm in BP books. Hudlin should have left their relationship as nothing more than a teen romance that couldn't go anywhere.

Hunter should've been the most prominent supporting character and antagonist. It's nice to actually see him and T'Challa as brothers. Outside of BPQ I don't think we got that since Priest made the age gap between them a decade or more and Hudlin tossed him in limbo until he was used by Liss. Hoping that Ridley brings him into the fold, he can easily fit into a storyline involving spies. He should have an accent since he lived in Wakanda since he was a baby and dedicates his entire being to it. I thought it was weird that he didn't have one BPQ but i think that was because he was already a kid when he was adopted and not a baby.
    I liked BPQ version of T'Challa and Hunters relationship. I wouldn't of personally had them the same age but I can see a benefit of it. Hunters not a bad character, he was a reverse Tarzan which was brilliant. Just hope this story focuses on T'CHALLA first and not WAKANDA first.

Yeah NGL, Hudlin made a huge mistake by not having Monica or an OC get together with T'Challa. Seriously doubt that Monica and T'Challa would of broken up (maybe would in in TRO who knows) but of they did there would not be this parasitic relationship or constant **** talking from Avengers office.

Also annoying how I the interview dude goes on to say how Storm isn't going to be used for T'Challas development and she is going to be fleshed out yada yada. Basically saying that he is going to more Than likely punk T'Challa in HIS origin book to make Storm look good. She should just be a supporting cast member who's role is to simply held develop T'Challa because it's an ORIGIN story. Sure don't make her a damsel in distress but if we see another Coates level simp fest from T'Challa over Storm...

I like this variant cover.