Page 143 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:

- killmonger and the symbiote are having problems and essentially fighting. empire is brekaing bc memories came back. But they have a plan ot use the power of the "Gods". plural is emphasized.
    - the preview speech
    - zenzi and bast are planning something
    - the orisha show up after tchalla's speech but are just standing there. Storm mentions that she "replaced the Orisha" which is like... WTF? Voodoo doesn't know what to think.
    - that sorcerer dude Zawavari or whatever takes Ramonda to the imprisoned monster dudes who are native american stand ins that wakanda stole land from. She wants to talk reparations... but not real stuf.f Like, you can have honor. It is horrible. groan inducing. tone deaf as hell
    - new mbaku and eden come back (they were gone?). Storm flies in to tell him (lol) but t'challa is more worried about the orisha who are just standing there.
    - Bast then shows up, is vague as hell, says "it has begun" and the orisha kinda wake up and make a portal? Seems like they are betraying t'challa/Wakanda? I dont get it
    - heroes fly up to portal
    end of spoilers

none of this make sense, nothing is coming together, idk why there are new players now, idk why there are still unspoken things with 2 issues left. Things should be concluding, not adding more questions. this dude has no writing skills at all.

but the worst thing is the Ramunda stuff. for a dude who's whole thing is race and reparations... it is INSULTING.
    This reminds me of that episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine where Sisko talks with the Prophets right before the Dominion is getting ready to wipe out DS9.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'll give you the "high" points:

spoilers:

Storm is an Orisha now.
    Bast is up to something with Zenzi
    N'venomka is weakening.
    Ramonda offers reparations for Wakanda acting like white people
    T'Challa talks. And talks. And talks.
    end of spoilers

TL;DR: Nothing happens.
    Wasn't that the last 5+ years? Nothing happens?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He wasted almost three pages just on the Storm being used as a comm device. Though i did kind of take pleasure in my girl's biggest moment the way this was amped up by some, was trying to dangle some happy news crumbs. lol That tells you a lot, three pages of her for something that could have been done in one panel on a comm. Don't make no sense. A person honestly can't tell me Coates whole run isn't about trying to humble and or humiliate Wakanda.
    We got that from the treehouse rape camps.

wasted Acuna art on it too.

Dude has been letting some deep seated issues with himself and his own race seep into his BP comics from Day 1.
    I actually agree with the last part and i know it may be an unpopular opinion but it's the same way i feel about like Lee Daniels. It's like i know your suppose to be woke and everything but how come your platform is always used to show the dark side of the community but your voice is always talking about how it needs to be uplifted. i'm just saying i would have much rather Lee Daniels did Empire as a Dynasty type show instead he did a show on fox about gangsters trying to run a business but leaned way more into the violence and gansta. Like who was that show for. I feel Takeshi is taking out his own personal issues through Tchalla and for me it's not working.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So pretty much what we expected to happen

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So pretty much what we expected to happen

Naw, it is worse.

Just based on the Ramunda reparations speech and the art, it is worse .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Nearly forgot that the Orisha were a thing since they attributed nothing to the series other than to uplift Storm. Still expecting Zenzi or Storm, or both being responsible for bringing down Killmonger.

Nearly forgot that the Orisha were a thing since they attributed nothing to the series other than to uplift Storm. Still expecting Zenzi or Storm, or both being responsible for bringing down Killmonger.
    I'm still trying to figure out what an orisha is. There were so many words in this issue that was said but nothing was actually said.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm still trying to figure out what an orisha is. There were so many words in this issue that was said but nothing was actually said.
    Based on past books, they were people that ascended to Godhood due to the prayers/belief of enough Wakandans.

Hence why Storm "ascended" in Season 2. (But why isn't she some giant in the sky lol?)

But narratively, it isn't consistent and I don't understand the relationship with symbioteKillmonger and I don't understand what is going on with Bast and Zenzi. The same zenzi Coates hasn't developed at all in 5 years who has just been in the background for 5 years.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

but the worst thing is the Ramunda stuff. for a dude who's whole thing is race and reparations... it is INSULTING.
    I managed to find a copy of this-I have only looked at a few pages.

This New 52 Static Shock #6 OFFENSIVE level.

This is the book that JUSTIFIES the gators.

I am looking and I see Luke Cage behind Thunderball and Riri in one scene.

Next I am seeing Prodigy behind Kasper Cole and Misty.

Next page-

Cage is by Kasper and Prodigy is by Riri.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wasn't that the last 5+ years? Nothing happens?
    Now with added info dumps!

There are two answers, in Marvel

1. The African gods, also known as the Vodu, as seen in old Brother Voodoo stories (among others).
    2. Ancient Wakandan warriors who were turned into weird gods when they got a big enough pop from the crowd.

Seriously. Even the wikis have to keep them apart:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Orishas

Naw, it is worse.

Just based on the Ramunda reparations speech and the art, it is worse .
    I found that moment funny because didn't Coates speak at congress or whatever a year or so ago about African Americans receiving reparations for slavery but he had Ramonda offer BS honor and glory for what was done to the Originators.

I found that moment funny because didn't Coates speak at congress or whatever a year or so ago about African Americans receiving reparations for slavery but he had Ramonda offer BS honor and glory for what was done to the Originators.
    Coates got famous because of his reparations article he wrote for The Atlantic.

Which makes this all so much weirder and sad.

Coates is basically pulling an Aragorn by having Ramonda go to a greenish hidden army and recruit them for war to restore their honor.

The difference being... Aragorn went to traitors and cowards. He was offering them their honor because they died with no honor. Plus, he was the King. He could do it by birthright.

Ramonda is offering them honor as payment for getting their ass kicked and losing and being conquered? lol

Based on past books, they were people that ascended to Godhood due to the prayers/belief of enough Wakandans.

Hence why Storm "ascended" in Season 2. (But why isn't she some giant in the sky lol?)

But narratively, it isn't consistent and I don't understand the relationship with symbioteKillmonger and I don't understand what is going on with Bast and Zenzi. The same zenzi Coates hasn't developed at all in 5 years who has just been in the background for 5 years.

Is Killmonger supposed to be OG Killmonger + NuKillmonger + the symbiote? I honestly don't know. I find the whole Zenzi thing to be utterly stupid. Her whole plan is ridiculous and if this was Coates plan for her the whole time then he should have done better since he's been on the book for what 5 years now? Also still not sure what she has going on with Bast.

Is Killmonger supposed to be OG Killmonger + NuKillmonger + the symbiote?
    I don't know man.

I don' tknow why he just didn't keep NuKillmonger alive.

I don't understand half of what Coates is setting up right now.

How much you wanna bet it is gonna be Storm vs the Orisha though? Gotta get that last feat in before he is gone.