Page 144 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think the X-office just likes having her around, and that's kind of it. They can't have the X-Men without her, but at the same time, they don't really do anything with her, unless she's dunking on T'challa, or helping her friends dunk on T'challa.
    Like I've always said...

Have Storm open up the Munroe Institute For Gifted Youngsters in Wakanda where she could train young black mutants in controlling their powers, realizing their true potential.

Otherwise, don't put her in Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't know man.

I don' tknow why he just didn't keep NuKillmonger alive.

I don't understand half of what Coates is setting up right now.

How much you wanna bet it is gonna be Storm vs the Orisha though? Gotta get that last feat in before he is gone.
    Like I said you see who is happy and letting everyone know.

if this was Coates plan for her the whole time then he should have done better since he's been on the book for what 5 years now?
    Where are these editors at? A decent editor could have cut that down and bought in more action to what was really trade page filler than Bendis gets ripped for.

Added content, variant covers. Man, Marvel REALLY has faith in Coates' "fanbase".
    8 variant covers.

I want to see the usual suspects who go HAM about variant covers on books-go ham about this. I bet they won't.

This screams you are DESPERATE for sales. Why not have those covers on various books for THIS MONTH? I am sure Daredevil and Conan would love the sales boost.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Wakanda and reparations should never be in the same sentence.

I don't know man.

How much you wanna bet it is gonna be Storm vs the Orisha though? Gotta get that last feat in before he is gone.
    Fully expecting Storm maybe Storm and Zenzi will be taking on whatever Killmonger has plans with the oriaha. Coates might remember he had NuKillmonger steal Bast's divine powers 2 years ago? and may or may not have subjugated the Orisha. I can't remember if they bowed to him after he took out Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Like I've always said...

Have Storm open up the Munroe Institute For Gifted Youngsters in Wakanda where she could train young black mutants in controlling their powers, realizing their true potential.

Otherwise, don't put her in Black Panther.
    No more Wakanda handouts for her. In the last 3 years the BP franchise has done more for her than the X-Office in how many years now? Whoever takes over BP next needs to have him move on from her.

Dude has been letting some deep seated issues with himself and his own race seep into his BP comics from Day 1.
    The way this guys run has played out almost makes you think that he has a Tyler Perry level of self hatred.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

I don't know man.

Having space versions of T’Challa’s original rogues gallery and supporting cast is stupid. I imagine that the point of having NuKillmonger fight with the consciousness of the original is so that the original can take control of the body at some point while getting a power upgrade.

The question is why something similar hasn’t been done with M’Baku. The guy we got now grew up a space revolutionary using a bunch of alien tech and doesn’t worship any gods from what we’ve seen. How is that anything like the M’Baku people actually give a **** about lol? Are the Jabari just gonna appoint this guy their new chieftain at the end of this run?

It would’ve made far more sense just to have the original M’Baku get his consciousness transferred into the far future rather than bringing in an entirely different person who just happens to have the same name. Nakia is the only character that actually benefits from being an entirely AU character because space Nakia is objectively better than the original (which isn’t saying much).

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think the X-office just likes having her around, and that's kind of it. They can't have the X-Men without her, but at the same time, they don't really do anything with her, unless she's dunking on T'challa, or helping her friends dunk on T'challa.
    It really looks like X-office hates black panther. And looking at their story with black men, they arent fans of black male character either

The worse is that Coates wrote Storm saying Tchalla was never a impressive man, you will never see Storm say that Scott or Logan are not impressive on a X-men book

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It really looks like X-office hates black panther. And looking at their story with black men, they arent fans of black male character either

The worse is that Coates wrote Storm saying Tchalla was never a impressive man, you will never see Storm say that Scott or Logan are not impressive on a X-men book
    she said expressive man not impressive. that part is very true of him
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From everything I've read over the last couple of pages...the summary of this issue has me like...LOLOLOLOLOLOMGODDESSLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    All I can say is thank the Goddess this (and the next two issues) takes place so far behind current continuity as to be 100 % irrelevant.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-24-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This issue was one of the worst things I've ever read

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Fully expecting Storm maybe Storm and Zenzi will be taking on whatever Killmonger has plans with the oriaha. Coates might remember he had NuKillmonger steal Bast's divine powers 2 years ago? and may or may not have subjugated the Orisha. I can't remember if they bowed to him after he took out Bast.
    In a fantasy land that happens.

Zenzi uses her mind control to help take whatever godhood killomger still has and gives it yo bast

Storm tries to fight orisha but begins to get overpowered

Bast shows up in panthsr form, storm gives up her godhood to bast, bast kills the orisha, becomes the one true wakadan god again.

Bp beats killmonger

Bp and bast have a talk and understanding

Fantasy land fan fic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The way this guys run has played out almost makes you think that he has a Tyler Perry level of self hatred.
    Lol, I knew I wasn't crazy when I caught that energy in the first few arcs, I really gave it a chance only due to liking his first book.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she said expressive man not impressive. that part is very true of him
    Alright, I read it very wrong haha

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Black Panther is Officially Overpowered: Here's Why That's A Good Thing: https://screenrant.com/black-panther...marvel-comics/

Marvel's Stormbreakers Unleash Their Extraordinary Talents on New 'Black Panther' #25 Covers: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ther-25-covers
    uneducated article on the character of black panther. There's nothing new or recent about his achievements. He has always done things like this and has always been capable of such. There are no comparisons to Daredevil. That was him shedding all of his equipment, powers, and resources. Which is why there never should have been a goon slam Gary moment in his own book written by Coats. The man is the avitar of a god with the most capable resources in ALL of comics...plus an intelect on par with Reed and Doom. He should always be written as such unless circumstances like those forced on David Liss arrise.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-24-2021 at 12:14 PM.