Page 284 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Creating an original character would be dumb IMO, when there are characters from the comics that held the mantle even if it was brief. If Jean Page is in the film I expect him to be Kasper since the character is biracial like the actor that’s rumored to be on board.
    Not if you trying to get them royalties. See the winter solider story profits.

I'm glad the story is being picked up too because it seems no one in the media is asking any real questions imo. All of the black people of power in the industry are on the exact same page with a no recast? Seems weird to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

I hope they're not creating an original character. Plenty of comic book characters need to be adapted first

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The LINE would start to the left of folks taking issue with a light skinned Black Panther. Mainly lead by the Shuri should be Panther crowd LOL.

Black Panther 3? Fine. Let BP 2 be the reality check about the power of T'Challa.
    Even at that, I feel like T'Challa should have a strong trilogy rather than having him absent from the second only to appear in the third. It is more consistent that way. But Marvel will be Marvel I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

I'm glad the story is being picked up too because it seems no one in the media is asking any real questions imo. All of the black people of power in the industry are on the exact same page with a no recast? Seems weird to me.
    Of course that's not realistic, and clearly not the case, but as it's been said before. The more time that passes (aka the more time people have to properly heal and move forward) the more this will start to pick up steam and gather attention. Seeing the outpour of people who want to see more of T'Challa and have what Chadwick started e seen through to completion will only go stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Even at that, I feel like T'Challa should have a strong trilogy rather than having him absent from the second only to appear in the third. It is more consistent that way. But Marvel will be Marvel I guess.
    At they point I would expect them to do what they are doing with Thor and have a 4th movie. No point in having T'Challa come back for the 3rd only for his solo Adventure to end and what, only appear in Avengers?

Incredible Member

Anyone seen Shanghai Chi trailer? I'm not impressed to he honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I liked what I saw. And it’s only the first trailer. I’m pretty excited for the movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

That ShangChi trailer was dope.

Now I'm back upset about No T'Challa and how the MCU dropped the CGI ball in the train fight again ahaha smh

Naw but it looks good though...damn

Looks better than non Russo/Taika stuff to be honest. At least MCU looks to be trying to do something different visually now (outside BP)

It's a pretty standard modern Kung Fu film.

Frankly, if it didn't have the Marvel logo on it, I could see this being done by Stephen Chou, or maybe Donnie Yen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope they're not creating an original character. Plenty of comic book characters need to be adapted first
    I disagree lol. Not every character needs to be adapted and not every character in their roster is good. The MCU is pretty much it's own entity at this point and they can do anything they want with and take it any direction they want regardless of source material. I'm down for them using it to introduce original heroes(especially Black) to the fold. It seems like a logical next step for them to make.

Most of the general public don't read comics, so a lot of these characters are new to them anyway.

I liked it. It's one of the 3 MCU films I'm looking forward to so yeah, not bad imo.

Looked solid.

Kung Fu movie needs to have great Kung Fu fights. hopefully this isn't a Mulan situation.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

I do wish Ryan would just say "Me and the cast were just too close to Chad to have another actor replace him"

That wouldnt please everyone, but its understandable. Not saying anything is the wrong move.

Edit: In terms of "why" they didnt recast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    That ShangChi trailer was dope.

Now I'm back upset about No T'Challa and how the MCU dropped the CGI ball in the train fight again ahaha smh

Naw but it looks good though...damn
    The whole 3rd act was a mess in terms of CGI, and I wish they kept the final fight above ground.

Hopefully the 2nd film will be more polished in this regard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I disagree lol. Not every character needs to be adapted and not every character in their roster is good. The MCU is pretty much it's own entity at this point and they can do anything they want with and take it any direction they want regardless of source material. I'm down for them using it to introduce original heroes(especially Black) to the fold. It seems like a logical next step for them to make.

Most of the general public don't read comics, so a lot of these characters are new to them anyway.
    I disagree. The comic characters had years of work put into them. I'd rather that be adapted than some OC

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I do wish Ryan would just say "Me and the cast were just too close to Chad to have another actor replace him"

That wouldnt please everyone, but its understandable. Not saying anything is the wrong move.

Edit: In terms of "why" they didnt recast.
    I get the feeling that's what's it's all about. But idk if they've outright said it