Page 911 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 411811861901907908909910911912913914915921961 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

For those who will be Christmas shopping and needing gift wrap-Black Panther (and Miles) will be on Marvel's gift wrap this season. Haven't seen the Wakandan gift wrap yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I assume you realize that the most likely candidate for the actual villain is

spoilers:
    Omolola herself. If she was turned, then the easiest way for her to find the OTHER sleepers would be to get T'Challa to lead her to them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That was exactly my first thought as well. Something seemed weird about the way she was all "i know you loved him like a brother but something got between you two, me." it seemed random as hell in the context of the moment.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This book feel , look and read was great. Solid first issue. Definitely looking forward to see where Mr. Ridley is taking us.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    spoilers:
    That was exactly my first thought as well. Something seemed weird about the way she was all "i know you loved him like a brother but something got between you two, me." it seemed random as hell in the context of the moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The more I think about it, yeah she does seem rather sus. I’m still hoping the ring leader would be someone like Hunter or Achebe. And I’m thinking this “new protector” could be in on it too.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

The T'Challa in Ridely's 1st issue reminds me of the T'Challa from the King in Black: Black Panther story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    The T'Challa in Ridely's 1st issue reminds me of the T'Challa from the King in Black: Black Panther story.
    As he should! Man I can’t wait to see what else Ridley has in store.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Yall liking this Shuri dialogue/dynamic? Lets hope they arent pushing her towards being more annoying in her interactions with T'Challa.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE-pV7JW...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE-pV7WX...name=4096x4096
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-24-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm finally going to be able to re-read Black Panther now that Coates has been replaced by a good writer. Very good first issue, it reminded me of Priest's Black Panther, and the illuminati period with Tchalla acting not like a superhero but like a king,
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall liking this Shuri dialogue/dynamic? Lets hope they arent pushing her towards being more annoying in her interactions with T'Challa.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE-pV7JW...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE-pV7WX...name=4096x4096
    I was for like 30 seconds but then i was like "but that does sound like shuri." lol

edit: spoilers:
    But then on the flip i was shocked tchalla got to speak to the avengers the way he did. It was with respect but the bluntness of it did my heart good. "please don't let me regret picking you stephen." then going on to kindly explain to him an alternative he could do with his magic. I was like "yaaaasss" tchalla."
    end of spoilers

I also agree with the post that his voice sounded a lot like the King in BLack oneshot which i loved. I just feel like we are in store for some big things and i am actually super interested in Tchalla for once and HIS reactions.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-24-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    The more I think about it, yeah she does seem rather sus. I’m still hoping the ring leader would be someone like Hunter or Achebe. And I’m thinking this “new protector” could be in on it too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He did a good job of throwing a red herring if it is her by showing her getting pushed out the way etc so to the audience it sort of reads like "well it can't be here" but what she says and the "alibi" makes me feel it's definitely her. lol
    end of spoilers
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe there was another one I am blanking on

spoilers:
    But we just saw Kantu in Long Live The King #3 so it wouldn't make sense for him to become a spy so quickly and rise up the ranks.

Are there two Kantu's or is that the guy you are talking about?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Overall I think this was a strong start to Ridley's run and so far I like his T'Challa. There were a few things that I didn't like but what bugged me the most was spoilers:
    Shuri calling him paranoid. Does she not remember what world that she lives in?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think Kantu was the kid that saved him from Killmonger. He died in his teens from a crack overdose after returning from the US. In theory he could be one of the spies with the overdose being the cover story. Malaika, Sofija, Taku and any BP supporting character that has been in limbo could be the spies. Unless Ridley is using strictly OCs.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yea, that's the one. Kantu from Jungle Action that helped save T'Challa from Killmonger and was doing crack in that McGregor story. I don't remember him dying though, could've sworn he went to rehab or something. If he didn't die they can just say he faked his death offpanel and reintroduce him that way.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was for like 30 seconds but then i was like "but that does sound like shuri." lol

edit: spoilers:
    But then on the flip i was shocked tchalla got to speak to the avengers the way he did. It was with respect but the bluntness of it did my heart good. "please don't let me regret picking you stephen." then going on to kindly explain to him an alternative he could do with his magic. I was like "yaaaasss" tchalla."
    end of spoilers

I also agree with the post that his voice sounded a lot like the King in BLack oneshot which i loved. I just feel like we are in store for some big things and i am actually super interested in Tchalla for once and HIS reactions.
    spoilers:
    I think the Shuri thing has more to do with the fact she's been on the throne before and knows that moral sacrifices have to be made for state security. I don't see why she'd be so offended at having assassins in other nations, many of whom have likely been aggressive towards Wakanda in the past.

Ridley needed a voice in the story to challenge T'Challa but it feels like Shuri is one of the worst candidates to be that. She should be at his side tbh, but I think the story would be worse off if T'Challa was getting a bunch of support from his family/friends. It also gives her a distinct voice and set of perspectives to work with moving forward. I don't think Shuri should necessarily always agree with her brother.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Very much enjoyed the issue but do not like:

spoilers:
    he's always portrayed as dishonest/lying
    end of spoilers

hoping this doesn't come back to bite him.
    All heads of state omit the truth.

Eventually Storm will have similar decisions to make if they keep the status quo long enough.

He never lied, just didn't tell anyone lol.

And it will 100% come back to bite him in the ass. That's the point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All heads of state omit the truth.

Eventually Storm will have similar decisions to make if they keep the status quo long enough.

He never lied, just didn't tell anyone lol.

And it will 100% come back to bite him in the ass. That's the point.
    When it comes back to him, T'Challa will deal with it. Hopefully he'll deal with it like the warrior king he is.

Really enjoyed this, strong first issue. I also feel a lot more comfortable about Ridley bringing Storm into this.

spoilers:
    Looks like those of you who wanted T’Challa to plant Gentle as a sleeper agent on Krakoa might end up getting exactly what you want given the nature of this story is all about T’Challa planting sleeper agents amongst countries he sees as potential threats. No way is Krakoa not on that list. If T’Challa holds firm to Storm the same way he held firm to Shuri, his agent, the prime minister, and Cap then I’m actually going to enjoy a T’Challa/Storm meeting for the first time in ages.
    end of spoilers

One bit in particular I like is the way Ridley is examining the drawbacks of democracy. Looks like he might actually do something interesting with what Coates set up and failed to deliver on.

spoilers:
    That bit about democracies pretending to be free and fair while dictators don’t pretend to be anything other than what they are is an interesting critique.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/