Page 347 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That was Jakarra and he wasn't the oldest

Second in line.

T'challa was first in line. He is the eldest.

It was (another) retcon by Hudlin (to be fair, it was supposed to be a separate thing) having Jakarra die there instead of becoming that purple monster dude... which was retconned back by rise of the BP
    Thanks for the correction....much appreciated.

My point of interest still stands

So, two words tells you the ENTIRE plot?

I'm sure the crystal balls will be as clear as they were for the first film...

(Or, indeed, as they were for Wandavision)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

As MOS said, that title is very on the nose. Might as well call it a Wakandan Family Funeral.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Where did anyone say they know the plot of the entire film? Posters are talking about what they might hypothetically do with T’Challa’s character based off the title and some tidbits of info provided in interviews, that’s far from unreasonable. But no matter what the title was this thread wasn’t gonna like it lol.

I like the title, and I’ll patiently wait to hear more about the fate of T’Challa via storyline, before passing further judgement.

Agreed.

This title is, "T'challa's Gone but Wakanda Lives On Forever!"

A small part of me thought that as stuff came out, i'd eventually break and get excited.

But after each actor/actress interview, each rumor, and now this title... I'm actually getting push the opposite way. I am getting more and more hardened that there is no chance lol.

In fact, i watched the little video and each time I saw T'chadwick, I just thought, "so you can use Black Panther in promos but can't recast eh? Cool."

As an aside,

What I found more interesting was Captain Marvel's title... oddly taking her name out of the title completley. After the movie made a billion? That is odd.
    Likely placating the dude Bros that hate Brie Larson

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Where did anyone say they know the plot of the entire film? Posters are talking about what they might hypothetically do with T’Challa’s character based off the title and some tidbits of info provided in interviews, that’s far from unreasonable. But no matter what the title was this thread wasn’t gonna like it lol.
    The other titles with subtitles revealed stuff about the plot

Legend of the Ten Rings- gonna be about the ten rings lol

No Way Home- rumors are STRONG this is gonna involve other spider-men from other universes

Multiverse of Madness- multiverse shenanigans

Love and Thunder- Jane is coming back

The Marvels- heavily implies more than one "Captain Marvel"

Quantomania- more quatum realm shenanigans

idk why BP would be any different. You can go back through old title and see the same thing (far from home, homecoming, Ragnorak, the dark world, civil war, the winter soldier)

Obviously, I am jaded and bias and such, so I am naturally going to see it as negative as possible, but subtitles generally reveal a tiny bit of the movie plot. And "Wakanda endures forever despite the loss of the king/BP" seems like a good (negative bias) guess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm here for this movie. I'm here to see how they respect Chad's legacy. And I think we are reading way too much into the title card.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I'm here for this movie. I'm here to see how they respect Chad's legacy. And I think we are reading way too much into the title card.
    How is it reading to much? The guy that plays the main character is dead, they won’t recast and now there’s a possibility that we won’t see T’Challa on screen again (and I mean EVER again). So excuse me if I’m just a tad bit bitter.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The next Namor sequel should be called Namor: Imperius Rex

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Ding ding ding ding!

Bingo!

Bullseye.

Agreed and co-signed.
    I really thought the X-fanbase would be more progressive. Of course, I don't want to bash anyone.

T'Challa and Ororo in the MCU is a moot point anyway, but it's not really something I would've cared to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I think he'll be an antagonist rather than a full fledged villain if they bring him in. Hence why I think there will be a Doom type figure driving the two nations (Wakanda and Atlantis) to war (Again: If they go that route). Not many nations can go head to head with Wakanda so I think either Atlantis or Latveria are the main options.

Storm is definitely not showing up in this movie. But if they decide to introduce the x-men in other movies/shows first, I'd bet money she'll show up in a Wakanda related story.
    Well, he could be an antagonist and then learn the error of his ways. Admittedly I've never been into Sub-Mariner. For a water-based hero, his powers seem to have nothing to do with water. I don't get it.

I don't see Storm showing up either. But I could see some Wakandan mutants pop up eventually in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Likely placating the dude Bros that hate Brie Larson
    Those people shouldn't really matter

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea like I said, there’s definitely more than one way they go about this, but it’s becoming clear to me T’Challa will probably die and either get brought back for BP3 (unlikely) or remain dead as long as the current creatives and cast stay onboard. It is what it is, just hope nothing leaks into the comics and that future writers realize they’re not the MCU. T’Challa is the main attraction as far as publication is concerned, for all the incompetence of Marvel editorial they should realize that.

I think it’s just straight up disrespectful to not have Captain Marvel’s name in the title. As a fan of the character I’m annoyed and hope they don’t turn the film into a glorified ensemble.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised, first Feigi claimed this was all part of the plan and nothing changed because the sequel was always going to focus on Wakanda. That was bullshit as interviews came out and Coogler straight up Said he had to rewrite the script. They also said they aren't going to kill him on screen or cgi double him, but given what has been said by everyone attached to it? I woo e surprised of they try to hype the movie like they did with TLJ and all the "who are Reys parents" angle for hype then using some bait and switch. I don't care who you are or how good a resume you have, sidelining the title Character for underdeveloped supporting cast is a recipe for a disaster, and this title is just insulting.

Again I'm not one to keep bringing it up but (unsurprisingly) people are not too keen on the sequel not recasting and it continues to grow every day. I don't think the hype is going to be there like the first movie or even how a regular sequel to a successful films hype would be.

I mean no disrespect Digi, but how else are you to take the title it's liter in small letters Black Panther then in giant ass text WAKANDA FOREVER. Like MoS said it's very on the nose and really just makes me hate that chant now. In a way just due to how they have put all the focus on Chad and seem to ignore WHY he worked as hard as he did to bring T'Challa to the big screen and WHAT he had to say about the importance of T'CHALLA.

I mean something happened to hemsworth after the first Thor movie and the sequel was title

Thor
    World of Asgard

Would that make you think that it was going to focus much on thor? The are sad enough not to recast, but have no issues continuing on the sequel without the title Character, they will make a D+ series AND continue to use the title Black Panther. It's just like in the comics. Using his name to prop up other side characters. History usually shows this doesn't work out too well

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I think he'll be an antagonist rather than a full fledged villain if they bring him in. Hence why I think there will be a Doom type figure driving the two nations (Wakanda and Atlantis) to war (Again: If they go that route). Not many nations can go head to head with Wakanda so I think either Atlantis or Latveria are the main options.

Storm is definitely not showing up in this movie. But if they decide to introduce the x-men in other movies/shows first, I'd bet money she'll show up in a Wakanda related story.
    They can't make a Namor movie because of rights issues.

Plus comparisons to AquaBro would make it difficult.

Namor works better as more of a villain anyway. How many times as this dude drowned cities lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

They can't make a Namor movie because of rights issues.

Plus comparisons to AquaBro would make it difficult.

Namor works better as more of a villain anyway. How many times as this dude drowned cities lol?
    What is the point of Namor anymore?