Page 479 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579979 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m really excited to see their take on T’Challa. Say what you will about the lack of content but the writers for this game know how to capture the voices of all the characters involved and can tell a half decent story. A Square Enix T’Challa I feel is gonna give heavy Hudlin vibes.

And if that leaked moveset is anything to go by they’re taking all the best elements of T’Challa’s depictions like his kinetic suit and energy weapons from EMH. T’Challa won’t save this game from the brink of death but I think BP fans will be satisfied with what gets put out lol.
    I agree.

At least when it comes to the execution of the characters, Square Enix seemed to have done their homework as well as coming up with creative move sets and characterization so, at the bare minimum, I expect a T'Challa that is on a satisfactory level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I agree.

At least when it comes to the execution of the characters, Square Enix seemed to have done their homework as well as coming up with creative move sets and characterization so, at the bare minimum, I expect a T'Challa that is on a satisfactory level.
    Yea and what’s cool is this is T’Challa in warrior mode since he’ll be dealing with an invasion by Klaw. I wonder if in this continuity he’s responsible for T’Chaka’s death and that plays into the story, but I kinda doubt it since it’d be a retread of a beat from the movies.

Regardless, it’s T’Challa leading the defense of Wakanda with the Avengers at his side, which should opens lots of room to flesh out his relationship with the team while tearing **** up. Square Enix’s Black Panther might be serviceable at worst or one of the best portrayals of the last decade lol, I wouldn’t complain if we got KIB tie-in levels of greatness.

Yea and what’s cool is this is T’Challa in warrior mode since he’ll be dealing with an invasion by Klaw. I wonder if in this continuity he’s responsible for T’Chaka’s death and that plays into the story, but I kinda doubt it since it’d be a retread of a beat from the movies.

Regardless, it’s T’Challa leading the defense of Wakanda with the Avengers at his side, which should opens lots of room to flesh out his relationship with the team while tearing **** up. Square Enix’s Black Panther might be serviceable at worst or one of the best portrayals of the last decade lol, I wouldn’t complain if we got KIB tie-in levels of greatness.
    Fingers crossed. Might actually propel me to get the game but only time will tell oncce we see how T'Challa is showcased.

Btw, T'Challa is trending on Twitter

Btw, T'Challa is trending on Twitter
    I'm curious, what seems to be the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm curious, what seems to be the reason?
    Just people saying Namor without T'Challa is pointless with some also saying they should have recast the role and some saying they shouldn't. You know, the same thing that has been talked about everywhere.

Just people saying Namor without T'Challa is pointless with some also saying they should have recast the role and some saying they shouldn't. You know, the same thing that has been talked about everywhere.
    The sentiment is only gonna grow the more people hit the acceptance stage of the five stages of grief. Marvels going to have to realize that they can’t shelve T’Challa forever. Especially when Storm inevitably comes to the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But wasn’t it Coogler’s decision, not Feige, to not recast in honor of Chadwick and change the story. That’s what I keep hearing.
    No one has an interview from Coogler stating that. Atleast nothing I have seen. And if they asked Coogler a month (or less considering they made the Announcement less that 3 months after he passed) then who TF is going to be like if"Yes man let's Recast this isht!!" It's why the recast is gaining more weight as time passes because deep down, everyone knows that one the character is too important to be sidelined, and two, there is nothing disrespectful at all about recasting and no one is going to forget Chadwick if he is recast. This literally never happens to characters who are recast and continue to have their stories told.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The sentiment is only gonna grow the more people hit the acceptance stage of the five stages of grief. Marvels going to have to realize that they can’t shelve T’Challa forever. Especially when Storm inevitably comes to the MCU.
    I thought the whole BP-Storm romance wasn't generally popular. Of all the reasons to bring him back, that's low on my list.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Technically, the movies had Zemo responsible for T'Chaka's death, as per Zemo bombing the United Nations headquarters where T'Chaka and T'Challa happened to be while the Sokovia Accords were being signed in Captain America: Civil War, so it wouldn't exactly be a retread of that . . . then again, could have a more comic-inspired Zemo as a villain for Black Panther, if they really did want to riff off the movies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought the whole BP-Storm romance wasn't generally popular. Of all the reasons to bring him back, that's low on my list.
    Mines too. But that was one of the most prominent moments of T’Challas history and one that casuals really wanted to see happen on screen, including Storms former actress for X-Men apocalypse. Oh well, at least I still have comics and video games to see my king shine.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Damn. Black Panther was the one MCU film I took my dad/mom/aunts to because they wanted to see it. (Normally only my generation and younger go to see MCU films) They’re in their 60s and 70s.

It’s going to be hard as hell to explain to them who Namor is, if they want to see the sequel.

I was hoping for Achebe.
    On paper, Achebe just wouldn't be as interesting to the general public as Namor would be unless they completely change the character. "Black Panther vs. Aquaman" is enough to get people in seats, it also ticks off every box for a major summer blockbuster in one fell swoop.

It also could possibly be a potential, great showing for Wakanda. Being able to fend off, hold their own against another highly advanced kingdom without the need of Avengers. I trust Coogler to do this justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I remember there was some discussion about TChalla and his cape recently from me and a few others. If they make the cape look like this I might go for it. This is from Priests run.

Sometimes the cape looks Spawn-ish (which i dont hate) but if hes gonna wear it during fights then i want it to have a function

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Mines too. But that was one of the most prominent moments of T’Challas history and one that casuals really wanted to see happen on screen, including Storms former actress for X-Men apocalypse. Oh well, at least I still have comics and video games to see my king shine.
    The causals want Shuri in that suit. So they don't matter nor the actress who played Storm.

Black Panther films are to be about WAKANDA business not mutant, pandering to echo chambers or Twitter or using Wakanda as a stealth whatever for characters whose franchise don't care for them or the folks in charge are too lazy to invest in them.

I’m really excited to see their take on T’Challa. Say what you will about the lack of content but the writers for this game know how to capture the voices of all the characters involved and can tell a half decent story. A Square Enix T’Challa I feel is gonna give heavy Hudlin vibes.

And if that leaked moveset is anything to go by they’re taking all the best elements of T’Challa’s depictions like his kinetic suit and energy weapons from EMH. T’Challa won’t save this game from the brink of death but I think BP fans will be satisfied with what gets put out lol.
    Ditto. This is the most anticipated gaming release for me simply because ill get a proper version of him w sooo many easter eggs and even past panther comics loot