Page 49 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Wow how did this topic not manifest itself in this thread...

With all this talk about love interests and whatnot we neglected to ask the definitive Ginger vs Mary Ann question!

Guys... Fellas... Homies... Players... As a man married to an African woman I ask you...

Dinai Gurira or Lupita Nyong'o?

(make sure to angle your computer screens away from the wifey this is strictly locker room talk and death is not an option)

GO...
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Lets say Marvel decided BP 2 is the next big Marvel event film.

Does Coogler try to replicate the Infinity War/Endgame style or keep it more grounded/personal.

Infinity War/Endgame are gassed up imo. Good, but there are major flaws with the story/some of the shots. However, the Chesterfield's and others outside of here truly love those movies. So I'm curious if Coogler gives in and tries to be more "Russo"
    Not sure where you got the impression that I "truly love" IW and EG. I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to watch all the films that mentioned and featured Wakanda/Black Panther and that was it.

IW and EG are big event movies but I have serious issues with those films.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The man can get any woman he wants and yet can't get any woman.

We all have a-holes and opinions. What you don't care for others may be interested in. The only priority for T'Challa is to have someone who actually gives a frak about him write the solo. And in that solo, he should have an active social life. Period.
    He can have all that bullshi without being tied down B. My point has been made already cuzz, other than replying to you I'm over this topic so it's on to the next one.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

With all this talk about love interests and whatnot we neglected to ask the definitive Ginger vs Mary Ann question!

Guys... Fellas... Homies... Players... As a man married to an African woman I ask you...

(make sure to angle your computer screens away from the wifey this is strictly locker room talk and death is not an option)

GO...
    *sneakily look around *

*hear a creek*

*feverishly type L... U... P*

*wipe cpu*

*it was good knowing you*

Crystal Dynamics is taking their sweet time releasing the Black Panther DLC for Avengers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Crystal Dynamics is taking their sweet time releasing the Black Panther DLC for Avengers.
    Probably because the game was/is a shite show

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

GO...
    I will turn straight and go polyamory for both.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

GO...
    Between the two Lupita. But my dilemma is the choice between Florence Kasumba or Angela Bassett.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Man, I stand by what I said. This isn't a race issue or anything to do with Tchalla being a "monk" no friggin duh he's not some asexual organism, my overall point is that there's no benefit to Tchalla's character to this point of having a love interest in any capacity. The man can get any woman he want's but overall that shouldn't even be in the top 10 priorities of the character, I don't give a fuuuukkk what other comic franchises are doing because it has nothing with the man in the cat suit. Like for real this is no deep philosophical conversation I personally just don't give zero fuks for the love interest thing and after that bs from that x men issue in mid 2020 man I'm over this bull.
    So your tired of LI because of the X men stuff. You do know that we have been saying he needs a Li that's of his franchise so that there is full control of said character, AND It would prevent that isht from happening?

You say he can get any woman he wants yet since the annulment from Storm, he has: simped on Storm while writers have her come and go and talk isht as she pleases and... Nu-nakia from Coates run which still nothing happened because Storm and then Coates had storm essentially tell Nakia to keep his bed warm while she's away and then she died.

Back to Storm and then all of Coates work he put into the T'Challa and Storm relationship, was torpedoed in a 3rd rate x book by Vita Ayala on one issue that was so stupid and full of logistical holes, that it was clear it was purely meant to just end the relationship.

You say there's no benefit but there is, clearly. For one it gets him away from Storm so he can be shown not on some "one true love" BS, and two it SHOWS that he has a active social and love life and gives a chance to see Black love from the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    And what pisses me off is when a black man is portrayed gay it's either he's an undercover brother who hates himself or the gayest gay that could gay.

It's like damn yo, there are gay POC who aren't a caricature
    Yeah there's that too. I think the Best portrayal of a black man as gay is Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn nine nine.

But i still see a thing that comes up is, even gay black men, they are still in interracial relationships. Like no matter what, a black man, straight or gay, is apparently not allowed to be with another Black person. It's strange as frak

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Oh I have no problem with casual. I just don't want anything serious.
    The one thing that this silly MCU fanfiction could of corrected and mastered was the Panther/Storm marriage. The casual audience would have loved it and there are no xwriters to get away with sabotage. Maybe Shuri and Storm can be a thing since shes gonna absorb all of his qualities and stories in Cooglers Version.
    I get you, I just think T'Challa needs an active social life. Storm is not an option and their are opportunities within his own franchise.

I just don't understand why some writers stay on that Noble Negro Syndrome and act like T'Challa is beyond that.

GO...
    Danai hands down. Both seem great, and I think fun wise (I'm talking sfw fun) lupita would probably be more fun to hang with (I remember seeing a video where she went in disguise to a comic con and was going around doing random ass isht for fun) but I say Danai myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah there's that too. I think the Best portrayal of a black man as gay is Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn nine nine.

But i still see a thing that comes up is, even gay black men, they are still in interracial relationships. Like no matter what, a black man, straight or gay, is apparently not allowed to be with another Black person. It's strange as frak
    Josiah Power over at DC was a good depiction of a gay POC, as I recall. He even had a black partner.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Josiah Power over at DC was a good depiction of a gay POC, as I recall. He even had a black partner.
    What book was this in?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What book was this in?
    Kurt Busiek's Power Company. It's a team book, so it didn't get a LOT of focus, but Josiah's orientation was neither overdone nor ignored. It was just part of his characterization