Page 324 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Is there any other book that got messed up like this because of "covid"
    Of course not, at This point it's clear they know this is is ending on a whimper, and it appears they are dragging it along for hopefully better numbers or Because the new team ain't ready
    either way they need to put it out of it's misery

Astonishing Member

Is there any other book that got messed up like this because of "covid"
    Not from what I'm seeing, certainly not any book that's supposed to be as "high profile" as one of their top Avengers solos. It's becoming increasingly obvious Marvel is dragging out this book for as long as possible to delay the relaunch and hopefully try and catch some of that MCU synergy come next year. Plus a shiny, top-selling issue #1 one during Black History Month. There's no conceivable way they're rewriting **** at this point lol, they're just at a loss on how to follow up the crap Coates put out for 5 years while adhering to the MCU. The incompetence and utter lack of creativity this character is treated with is not surprising and will probably get worse in coming years. You can really tell when a character has zero institutional support, which results in the embarrassingly poor management we're seeing now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Just wait until the marketing campaign for BP2 starts
    You're right. The marketing for BP2 is going to be a masterclass of pure f****ry. Chadwick's passing is going to be milked harder than an IBI convention.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This is like the third or fourth delay, Marvel really needs to let this series die so we can move on to a new creative team.
    It's not the delay that gets to me (I've seen worse) so much as the hype:

"The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don't miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history, including an epilogue drawn by Brian Stelfreeze!"

"Ta-Nehisi has come up with a truly special finale here, one that not only wraps up the current story of T'Challa's attempt to stop Emperor N'Jadaka's conquest of Wakanda, but also deals with elements that reach all the way back to the beginning of Ta-Nehisi's run."

"Black Panther #25 is an immensely satisfying conclusion, with twists you won't see coming and repercussions that will be felt for years to come."

The man is an amteurish fiction writer almost single-handedly drove the character into irrelevancy, and Marvel editorial are treating him like the greatest ever.

Priest didn't get this much support.

Hudlin didn't get this much support.

KIRBY didn't get this much support.

Why in the name of Bast's black kittens is Coates getting so much hype?

This issue giant sized or something and Acuna has better **** to do?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's not the delay that gets to me (I've seen worse) so much as the hype:

"The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don't miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history, including an epilogue drawn by Brian Stelfreeze!"

"Ta-Nehisi has come up with a truly special finale here, one that not only wraps up the current story of T'Challa's attempt to stop Emperor N'Jadaka's conquest of Wakanda, but also deals with elements that reach all the way back to the beginning of Ta-Nehisi's run."

"Black Panther #25 is an immensely satisfying conclusion, with twists you won't see coming and repercussions that will be felt for years to come."

The man is an amteurish fiction writer almost single-handedly drove the character into irrelevancy, and Marvel editorial are treating him like the greatest ever.

Priest didn't get this much support.

Hudlin didn't get this much support.

KIRBY didn't get this much support.

Why in the name of Bast's black kittens is Coates getting so much hype?
    Perhaps because BP's popularity has risen after his movie. Whereas the other writers were from before that. Just a guess

Oh bloody hell...

I just thought of something.

I want to be wrong. PLEASE tell me I'm wrong.

What if the "repercussions" they are talking about is that Coates is planning to kill off T'Challa?

(I can even see Editorial trying to position it as a "tribute" to Chadwick...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Perhaps because BP's popularity has risen after his movie. Whereas the other writers were from before that. Just a guess
    He's popular everywhere EXCEPT the comics....

56 pages, apparently. And Acuna isn't doing all of the art.

It will be 56 pages long

Astonishing Member

Oh bloody hell...

What if the "repercussions" they are talking about is that Coates is planning to kill off T'Challa?

There's no possible way Coates is killing off T'Challa with 0 build up. Is there?

I think they're more referring to him destroying the Djalia and probably keeping some of the space Wakanda to bring his people into the space age. Maybe Bast sacrifices herself but I don't see T'Challa dying, especially with no buildup as to a possible successor.

Oh bloody hell...

Ultimate Member

He's popular everywhere EXCEPT the comics....
    Oh, really? I assumed he's fairly popular in comics. Of course, I have no way to assess that

Oh bloody hell...

I think that would have been "accidentally" leaked to drum up sales.

T'challa dying would shoot the value of the comic up for collectors because he is one of the few main characters that has really never been killed.

They would leak that informatoin to comic shops and it would invariably leak out after that.

I find it unlikely also because it would mess up Aaron's book. He needs a BP for his 1000000000000000000 BC tease thing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, really? I assumed he's fairly popular in comics. Of course, I have no way to assess that
    Our only metric is sales. As of the last numbers we have, Coates' run was selling about 13,000.
    (Avengers was selling about 45K, which is not _great_. But we can't say how much T'Challa's presence contributes to that.)