Page 520 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Isn’t Shuri already a hero? She’s been teaming up and making regular appearances like a hero would. But I guess being a hero isn’t one of her main identities the way it is for T’Challa.
    Yea and that’s the thing. I was also saying to myself, “she’s already a hero.” But like you said it could be that they want to make it official now, especially with the movie coming up and the possibility of the mantle being passed to her in the sequel. Like I said, I could be wrong though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yea and that’s the thing. I was also saying to myself, “she’s already a hero.” But like you said it could be that they want to make it official now, especially with the movie coming up and the possibility of the mantle being passed to her in the sequel. Like I said, I could be wrong though.
    But I feel like if Marvel wanted to make “hero” a major part of her character they’d just put her in a superhero book lol. Like she’s been teaming up and doing superhero **** already in BP and Captain America, they just need to give her a place like Young Avengers or Champions to shine on a consistent basis. I don’t know if she’d need a one shot tie-in issue to set the stage for that. And if they did want to set the stage at all they’d probably be better off doing it in the main BP title.

Whereas fake M’Baku has no direction post-Coates. He’s not related to the Jabari-lands, he has no real role in the mythos other than to be a nod to the 5 people who watched the BP movie and decided to pick up the comic lol. He’s from the IGEW so I feel using this issue as a chance to solidify a role and get a MCU-influenced design/mantle makes sense. But who knows, could be an entirely new character that gets revealed that issue.

I think the new hero emerging in the solicits for Annihilation Wakanda #1 is going to be Shuri. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because that’s too obvious imo. And I like her in the role of being just a tech genius who helps out when she needs to.
    I think it's going to be a new character altogether. Just about all of the recent supporting cast has gotten a chance to shine lately so I think someone new will be introduced.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think the new hero emerging in the solicits for Annihilation Wakanda #1 is going to be Shuri. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because that’s too obvious imo. And I like her in the role of being just a tech genius who helps out when she needs to.
    hmmm maybe but perhaps its m'baku. shuri wouldn't be a new hero but I personally wouldn't mind this for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This is getting so confusing. So there is orsha Shuri in the main book....but MCU Shuri keeps poping up in other books.
    Im at the point where they should just kill her off and use Okoye for support

Those covers are gorgeous. Also which M'Baku is this?
    Last edited by Holt; 06-23-2021 at 12:05 PM.

I really do like Miles’ costume.

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron loves Black Panther. Is there anyone who's written him as more formidable?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Those covers are gorgeous. Also which M'Baku is this?
    Narcisse is writing it so I’m assuming it’s the M’Baku Coates created.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Narcisse is writing it so I’m assuming it’s the M’Baku Coates created.
    He should be renamed K'Mabu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Jason Aaron loves Black Panther. Is there anyone who's written him as more formidable?
    Maybe Ewing. Jason loses a couple points for the Avengers versus X-men Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He should be renamed K'Mabu.
    Death to all MCU transplants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This is getting so confusing. So there is orsha Shuri in the main book....but MCU Shuri keeps poping up in other books.
    Im at the point where they should just kill her off and use Okoye for support
    That’s harsh lol. Lots of characters get shown inconsistently now and then, Shuri’s just a bit more extreme because the two versions we tend to get are so different.

But her and Okoye are the only supporting characters T’Challa has that have somewhat well defined elements/roles, they need to be featured more not less IMO.

Ultimate Member

After reading today's Avengers issue, it's clear that Jason Aaron absolutely LOVES T'Challa.

He's giving him ALL the feats.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If Marvel wanted their damned synergy they should’ve pushed Coates off the book. Or waited for him to complete his story before reintroducing the characters. There was no easy way to revamp M’Baku or Nakia in a space setting without altering them to the point they might as well have been different characters. An all-new Nakia would’ve been perfect for this arc.

Of course it’s petty, some X-fans think that if the rest of the MU isn’t worshiping at the altar of the X-Men then they deserve to be steamrolled and attacked lol. This has been a thing in fandom for years which is why many of them hate T’Challa and Wakanda. And that’s not the only reason lol.
    Big facts… Also no matter how good the book is if O still the main love interest I refused to pay to read it..

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    After reading today's Avengers issue, it's clear that Jason Aaron absolutely LOVES T'Challa.

He's giving him ALL the feats.
    He still has along way to go to make up for trash he wrote when he was a head x writer & in AvX he’s about half way there for making it up imo.