Page 138 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all, thanks for the posts on Hornet. Just read King In Black: Planet of the Symbiotes #2. Always been a fan of Hobie and I agree with the others, it's great to see his technical and scientific know how come on display. Indeed, the issue was a good reminder of that.

Also, couldn't help but smile a bit. As a fan of the "Identity Crisis" arc of Spider-Man and the Slingers, I suddenly remembered that a key player in all of this was Hobie. He was the guy that invented the Hornet costume. Here he is talking about it during one of the Hornet's first appearances:

From what I recall, the reason he himself couldn't wear it was because it was too heavy for him. Awesome to see that he refined the suit. My only hope is that we haven't seen the last of Hobie's Prowler tech. The claws, the beams, and especially the cool mask, hope will still get to see them!
    Learn something new, Hobie ( I wonder if short for Hosea or something) & like BP I definitely prefer them both with facial hair.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No feeling at all. NONE. A waste of all those black cameos that will end up with everyone worshiping one person-whose fans appear to be the only ones excited about that book.

More interested in the Marvel Voices and Nuboa books.
    Also looking forward to Marvel Voices, if only to get more of a feel for John Ridley's writing, having liked what I read of The Next Batman and The Other History of the DC Universe over at DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Learn something new, Hobie ( I wonder if short for Hosea or something) & like BP I definitely prefer them both with facial hair.
    His "Anarchic Spider-Man/Spider-Punk" counterpart's full first name is Hobart, so I'd guess that's true for the 616 version as well, even if Marvel (or at least the Marvel Database fandom wiki) just calls him Hobie.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Sadly, this 4yrs too late! Seeing a scene like this in a BP book would have had me geekin' out, but all the trash writing that's directly tied to it, at this point in time I am really like who cares.

Steve: T'challa im sending some Avengers to help.

T'challa: Only the black ones please

Steve: T'challa, I have King Thor in route!

Tchalla: Is MCU Heimdell available instead? Is the black valkryie chick still around?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Steve: T'challa im sending some Avengers to help.

T'challa: Only the black ones please

Steve: T'challa, I have King Thor in route!

Tchalla: Is MCU Heimdell available instead? Is the black valkryie chick still around?
    All the Black Avengers except Spectrum, Blue Marvel and War Machine.

Lol, Nick Fury Jr? Rage? Misty Knight? Thunderball? Instead of getting the Showtime Lakers, we have the 1980's LA Clippers.

After reading King In Black: Black Panther, how can we take this seriously?

Wait, who is that a statue of?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Lol, Nick Fury Jr? Rage? Misty Knight? Thunderball? Instead of getting the Showtime Lakers, we have the 1980's LA Clippers.
    LOL

all the black avengers except the ones he was actually teammates with lol.

"Send me captain america... the black one! no, not Falcon, the other black one! Patriot or something!"

Man, I thought Rage died in the Captain Falcon book?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Can’t have any black superheroes that are equal or greater in power than a certain mutant in a T’Chumpa book now can we? Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

After reading King In Black: Black Panther, how can we take this seriously?
    I don't, hence the jokes lol

This is all around ridiculous. Not built up at all. Trying to score silly diversity points.

If this was his pay off, then throughout the run he should have had these guys helping out here and there.

But instead, we have random black heroes he doesn't even really interact with. Where are Blue Marvel, Blade, Spectrum? Why is Luke cage far in the background but Partriot in the front?

You telling me T'challa said, "yo kid, miles, get your ass to Wakanda, i need you real quick" lol? Did Kasper pick Miles up from school?

im all for a black avengers type thing but you gotta make it make some damn sense story wise .
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-23-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Wait, who is that a statue of?
    Looks like a statue of MCU Nakia.

LOL

all the black avengers except the ones he was actually teammates with lol.

"Send me captain america... the black one! no, not Falcon, the other black one! Patriot or something!"

Man, I thought Rage died in the Captain Falcon book?
    Last I saw Rage he was beat up and in prison.

All the Wakandan people are looking around going, "Are these Earth's Mightiest Heroes? My King, who the hell are these people?

I don't, hence the jokes lol

This is all around ridiculous. Not built up at all. Trying to score silly diversity points.

If this was his pay off, then throughout the run he should have had these guys helping out here and there.

But instead, we have random black heroes he doesn't even really interact with. Where are Blue Marvel, Blade, Spectrum? Why is Luke cage far in the background but Partriot in the front?

You telling me T'challa said, "yo kid, miles, get your ass to Wakanda, i need you real quick" lol? Did Kasper pick Miles up from school?

im all for a black avengers type thing but you gotta make it make some damn sense story wise .
    Lol, I guess we're all supposed to be impressed that a bunch of Black street level heroes(including minors) all came running at the chance to help BP save Wakanda. Luckily, T'Challa provided permission slips for the kids to miss school.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Can’t have any black superheroes that are equal or greater in power than a certain mutant in a T’Chumpa book now can we? Lmao.
    It's the Le-Jun of Sooper-heroes.

Incredible Member

Nothing wrong with these black heroes...