Page 939 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 439839889929935936937938939940941942943949989 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So far theyve kept tchalla around in "geniuses together" moments. Shuri pops in occasionally but hes always there.

So far, his geniuses hasn't been overshadowed in the comics. They simply both at geniuses.

So, comic wise, we are whining about stuff that hasn't hapoened... yet.
    They have really been going out of their way to have Shuri show up when T'Challa is involved in scientific talks in these books. She is showing up on book's she isn't a cast member in. It's being talked about because it's creeping on quite a bit. Think about it, a character who is a supporting cast member of a heroes book who has had 2 failed minis, no Moniker, and no ongoing.. Is consistently showing up and getting tech/ science feats in book's she isn't even in while T'Challa IS on the book and is fully capable of doing the things being delegated to her. That doesn't happen to T'Challa, he isn't getting credit on FF or Iron man books or getting name dropped like that.. and he's been around for 50+ years. Shuris been established as a super genius since 2018... Difference in treatment is huge and it's only going to continue to creep in.

That's the root of the problem I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They have really been going out of their way to have Shuri show up when T'Challa is involved in scientific talks in these books. She is showing up on book's she isn't a cast member in. It's being talked about because it's creeping on quite a bit. Think about it, a character who is a supporting cast member of a heroes book who has had 2 failed minis, no Moniker, and no ongoing.. Is consistently showing up and getting tech/ science feats in book's she isn't even in while T'Challa IS on the book and is fully capable of doing the things being delegated to her. That doesn't happen to T'Challa, he isn't getting credit on FF or Iron man books or getting name dropped like that.. and he's been around for 50+ years. Shuris been established as a super genius since 2018... Difference in treatment is huge and it's only going to continue to creep in.

That's the root of the problem I think
    Is she even getting feats though? It is just like she is around lol.

Depending what they do when the movie comes, that could always mess everything up. But more wakandan's around isn't really a problem to me as long as T'challa is still around too.

So... when T'challa leaves the Avengers and then Shuri takes his place as the tech person, then i'll start sweatin lol

Reed has had Val around for a loooooong time now nad it hasn't hurt his character at all.

Damn... i don't even like current shuri and now yall got me kinda defending her lol. Current Shuri is just old Taku at the moment.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So far theyve kept tchalla around in "geniuses together" moments. Shuri pops in occasionally but hes always there.

So far, his geniuses hasn't been overshadowed in the comics. They simply both at geniuses.

So, comic wise, we are whining about stuff that hasn't hapoened... yet.
    I don't think it's whining so much as noticing trends. Coates started the underperforming, un-T'Challa like T'Challa.

Then we get tech Shuri in the movies which has then been transplanted over to the comics. KiB:BP was a revert to normalcy, and now we have Ridley's take.

Nothing major has happened yet to clearly define the roles, again just looking at trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think it's whining so much as noticing trends. Coates started the underperforming, un-T'Challa like T'Challa.

Then we get tech Shuri in the movies which has then been transplanted over to the comics. KiB:BP was a revert to normalcy, and now we have Ridley's take.

Nothing major has happened yet to clearly define the roles, again just looking at trends.
    Yes when Im complaining about something, Im usually talking about the future and the harm to the growth of TChalla as a character with sustainable Alist popularity which floats all of wakanda and its side characters boats.
    My goal is to simply have a black character on the level of Batman and Spider-Man, getting all of the pop culture references, video games, cartoons, Etc that comes along with that. TChalla was on that path and still could be as its proven he has all the tools it takes to get there (cool lore, environment, villains, backstory). Now we are using hus own tools to limit him which limits the potential of getting those things and to that goal. The side characters alone aint gonna get there in our lifetime
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-05-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Depending what they do when the movie comes, that could always mess everything up. But more wakandan's around isn't really a problem to me as long as T'challa is still around too.

So... when T'challa leaves the Avengers and then Shuri takes his place as the tech person, then i'll start sweatin lol

Reed has had Val around for a loooooong time now nad it hasn't hurt his character at all.

Damn... i don't even like current shuri and now yall got me kinda defending her lol. Current Shuri is just old Taku at the moment.
    I'll admit, the conversation does like an attack on Shuri. Let's take her out of the conversation and look at T'Challa in all of his recent appearances.

In Avengers, he's handled very well, maybe a concern here and there about him leading the team in the field. But solid feats, skill, okay on the tech side nothing outstanding.

In his last solo, it was a disaster and I'll leave it at that. Current solo off to a solid start, swagger is back.

In his last event comic where he had a major role which probably is Empyre. Not bad, there were a few tense moments but in the end a very positive performance. His prior appearances were either non-existent or hot garbage.

In other titles it's 50/50. In non X-titles its very good. In X-titles pretty much written by unfans.

So in the end, it's just a matter of consistency with BP's portrayals no matter where he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yes when Im complaining about something, Im usually talking about the future and the harm to the growth of TChalla as a character with sustainable Alist popularity which floats all of wakanda and its side characters boats.
    My goal is to simply have a black character on the level of Batman and Spider-Man, getting all of the pop culture references, video games, cartoons, Etc that comes along with that. TChalla was on that path and still could be as its proven he has all the tools it takes to get there (cool lore, environment, villains, backstory). Now we are using hus own tools to limit him which limits the potential of getting those things and to that goal. The side characters alone aint gonna get there in our lifetime
    That's real. It will be interesting to see what new BP merch is developed, i.e. games, toys, clothing, etc. Most of the new stuff is MCU based.

She is getting credited feats yeah. Where it doesn't even make sense as she is t in the book. The difference is teed had been around for a long time and has had countless stories solidify that he is THE guy when it comes to super crazy Uber genius stuff. T'Challa hasn't had that despite being around for a very long time too. And the fact that Shuri is getting it so fast, as well as what's happening in the MCU and T'Challas fate there... The trend is very obvious like Marvell said

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's real. It will be interesting to see what new BP merch is developed, i.e. games, toys, clothing, etc. Most of the new stuff is MCU based.
    I'll say this, if they kill off T'Challa they better not dare start trying to sell BP toys since they are "Honoring Chadwick". Which it will be interesting to see how these other toys will do since they are taking out the only Black male character who matters
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-05-2021 at 03:01 PM.

I'll say this, if they kill off T'Challa they better not dare start trying to sell BP toys since they are "Honoring Chadwick". Which it will be interesting to see how these other toys will do since they are taking out the only Black male character who matters
    They're already selling Star-Challa figures based on Chad's likeness so I don't think they'll have any concerns trying to sell other figures.

Or sell Halloween costumes. Man it’s gonna be sad to see the reaction of kids if T’Challa gets clapped.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

They're definitely are going to profit off his death one way or another. Fully expecting the marketing being built around "honoring" and continuing Chad's/T'Challa's legacy.

Yeah... Anyways not to go down depression lane again...

Do y'all think that this story will lead to T'Challa off the Avengers book or do you think he will focus his efforts fulltime and leave the protection of WK to this new OC?

Do y'all think that this story will lead to T'Challa off the Avengers book or do you think he will focus his efforts fulltime and leave the protection of WK to this new OC?
    I don't think so. Killmonger is a member of the Multiversal Masters of Evil so that alone should be enough to keep BP around. I think T'Challa will be on the team until Aaron's run ends.

Hedging my bets on the new OC secretly working with the villain. All leading up to a hopeful world war Wakanda event.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I honestly wouldn't mind that. T'Challa needs rogues to stick around and develop enough for is to give isht about. Plus there are enough "hero" supporting cast, give us some good villains. WWW is a MUST.