Page 384 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Baron makes too much sense... Necromancer vs King of the Dead. The hook is already there.
    We still need to define the KOTD power set, right now he seems no different than from pre KOTD. He's supposed to be physically better than with the HSH but doesn't really have the feats to prove that. Pretty sure he could already talk to past BPs the only difference is that we get to see it than it being like an internal thing. Still not sure what the spear Coates keep using is even supposed to do, so far hasn't done anything that an energy dagger couldn't.

More needs to be done with the necromancy side of it. The zombies from Secret Wars only followed him because Namor killed one of them. Shuri has gotten a much better feat when she created and controlled Jabari zombies. I believe she has done that twice, once in season 2 and the other in Ironheart. Eden's help was needed for T'Challa to summon the past BP spirits to fight at the end of season 1.

If it were up to me I would've tried to make sure that it lived up to the hype. How the powers of all past BPs would physically put him way beyond his usual weight class, I'd make it akin to the Avatar state where he can draw on the past powers and experiences when he needs it for a short period of time, reserved for heavy hitters.

He should be able to spiritually and physically enter the djalia, ancestral plane, or any other kind of underworld at will. Make the spear used specifically for the dead/spirits. Being able to create and control zombies is something he should be able to do and not Shuri.

Summoning past BPs to fight should not have required Eden. Also have the past BPs actually give useful advice since the only time I can recall them doing so is when the queen told him Zavawari was alive.

As of right now I wouldn't care if Ridley or any future writer decides to throw away with it since it's just wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Summoning past BPs to fight should not have required Eden.
    I was so mad when that happened lol.

Coates kept trying to make Eden happen... by just having him teleport stuff and then barely talk. No character development at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Coates kept trying to make Eden happen... by just having him teleport stuff and then barely talk. No character development at all.
    The next writer could actually do something with Eden

And Shuri own mini series tried to say she was dating Eden. HOW?! Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

We're going 6 years now and he hasn’t gotten any growth. The only thing that has happened is that he might be dating Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Lol please. Eden will probaly never be seen in another BP comic again.

HE isn't part of the mythos. At all. He' sa damn mutant

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And Shuri own mini series tried to say she was dating Eden. HOW?! Lol.
    We're going 6 years now and he hasn’t gotten any growth. The only thing that has happened is that he might be dating Shuri.
    teleport in at night and teleport out lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There is a 99.9% chance he will be dropped from the franchise once a new writer takes over. His only purpose was to be a living bus anyway. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

We still need to define the KOTD power set, right now he seems no different than from pre KOTD. He's supposed to be physically better than with the HSH but doesn't really have the feats to prove that. Pretty sure he could already talk to past BPs the only difference is that we get to see it than it being like an internal thing. Still not sure what the spear Coates keep using is even supposed to do, so far hasn't done anything that an energy dagger couldn't.

More needs to be done with the necromancy side of it. The zombies from Secret Wars only followed him because Namor killed one of them. Shuri has gotten a much better feat when she created and controlled Jabari zombies. I believe she has done that twice, once in season 2 and the other in Ironheart. Eden's help was needed for T'Challa to summon the past BP spirits to fight at the end of season 1.

If it were up to me I would've tried to make sure that it lived up to the hype. How the powers of all past BPs would physically put him way beyond his usual weight class, I'd make it akin to the Avatar state where he can draw on the past powers and experiences when he needs it for a short period of time, reserved for heavy hitters.

He should be able to spiritually and physically enter the djalia, ancestral plane, or any other kind of underworld at will. Make the spear used specifically for the dead/spirits. Being able to create and control zombies is something he should be able to do and not Shuri.

Summoning past BPs to fight should not have required Eden. Also have the past BPs actually give useful advice since the only time I can recall them doing so is when the queen told him Zavawari was alive.

As of right now I wouldn't care if Ridley or any future writer decides to throw away with it since it's just wasted potential.
    Honestly he doesn't need it. It's pretty clear at this point Hickman only used it so he could repower T'Challa and call him King again. It's literally served no other purpose. Everything he has done in tro, every enemy he has squared off against, he would of been able to fight pre KotD anyways. HSH is all the physical boost he needs. It makes him more impressive to fight above his weight class using his tech in orthodox and unorthodox ways, as well as his mind, to even the playing field. Rather then using a deus ex machina to increase his power. I feel it would be overused just like how Coates overused the force push to make up for his uninspired fight scenes. Just trash it and integrate it into his current powerset. Make him bast champion and he is blessed by her, so his connect to previous BPs is stronger than a normal BP.

Eden, like Storm, has been a complete waste of time on the Mythos. He showed up and became T'Challas protege, despite them never talking ever on the comics, so a contrived relationship. Coates has T'Challa mention he should tell Eden what happened to him after tro yet that's the last we hear about it.

They don't actually talk, Eden is a Uber, and redundant one at best considering T'Challa already had teleportation tech that is better than Eden anyways.

Eden being needed to rescue Shuri and summon the previous Panthers was also bullshit and absolutely stupid. T'Challas own power and tech was sidelined for a dude no one gives a frak about. Then he was all of a sudden dating Shuri even though they never interacted either. Then Eden and Storm became the key to defeating N'Jadaka, as well as adding on another mutant that apparently is needed to help Wakanda beat back N'Jadaka.. the whole thing screams of Coates SIMPING to write an x book "Look I will isht all over this mythos if you would just allow me to write an x book! You say jump I'll say how high?"

I want someone to have the backbone to have T'Challa just tell them all off and to pound vibranium sand

Ultimate Member

Lol please. Eden will probaly never be seen in another BP comic again.

HE isn't part of the mythos. At all. He' sa damn mutant

teleport in at night and teleport out lol
    I know he's a mutant, but I don't think that necessarily precludes him being part of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There is a 99.9% chance he will be dropped from the franchise once a new writer takes over. His only purpose was to be a living bus anyway. Lmao.
    Probably

Astonishing Member

Manifold was wasted potential that is better off being excised at this point. A young black superhuman that looks up to T’Challa and has a unique powerset? I was 100% down for him being part of the mythos especially since he was such a blank slate that he could’ve been absorbed into the franchise fully. But we already had a character like that in Vibraxas and Manifold being a mutant creates a permanent black cloud around his character that ties him to the X-Office, which should not be interacting with any BP lore or supporting characters.

Which isn’t even getting into how much of a non-entity he was under Coates. He didn’t have a personality or interesting dynamic with T’Challa I don’t think we’re even given any explanation for why he was working in Wakanda and why T’Challa cared to have him around. He was a glorified taxi to move the plot.

Ewing has done more with Manifold in 4 issues in a supporting capacity than Coates has done in like 6 years as one of his most important secondary characters. Manifold is finally being taken seriously and all it took was an experienced scribe who genuinely gives a damn about representation to make it happen. Ewing is the best thing that can happen to a black character at Marvel, he proves it every time he writes a book lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly he doesn't need it. It's pretty clear at this point Hickman only used it so he could repower T'Challa and call him King again. It's literally served no other purpose. Everything he has done in tro, every enemy he has squared off against, he would of been able to fight pre KotD anyways. HSH is all the physical boost he needs. It makes him more impressive to fight above his weight class using his tech in orthodox and unorthodox ways, as well as his mind, to even the playing field. Rather then using a deus ex machina to increase his power. I feel it would be overused just like how Coates overused the force push to make up for his uninspired fight scenes. Just trash it and integrate it into his current powerset. Make him bast champion and he is blessed by her, so his connect to previous BPs is stronger than a normal BP.

Eden, like Storm, has been a complete waste of time on the Mythos. He showed up and became T'Challas protege, despite them never talking ever on the comics, so a contrived relationship. Coates has T'Challa mention he should tell Eden what happened to him after tro yet that's the last we hear about it.

They don't actually talk, Eden is a Uber, and redundant one at best considering T'Challa already had teleportation tech that is better than Eden anyways.

Eden being needed to rescue Shuri and summon the previous Panthers was also bullshit and absolutely stupid. T'Challas own power and tech was sidelined for a dude no one gives a frak about. Then he was all of a sudden dating Shuri even though they never interacted either. Then Eden and Storm became the key to defeating N'Jadaka, as well as adding on another mutant that apparently is needed to help Wakanda beat back N'Jadaka.. the whole thing screams of Coates SIMPING to write an x book "Look I will isht all over this mythos if you would just allow me to write an x book! You say jump I'll say how high?"

I want someone to have the backbone to have T'Challa just tell them all off and to pound vibranium sand
    I agree, wouldn’t be a fan of KOTD turning into the Avatar state. I don’t think it should be a buff so much as a complementary set of skills that delve into the more intimate aspects of being the champion of Bast. I’d like to see it be used to resurrect the weak souls of the deceased, summon the spear of Bashenga to be used against dark magic, and commune with the souls of his BP predecessors and Bast herself. Coates’ iteration of KOTD wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t used in interesting ways.

We should be getting lore of the spear of Bashenga and seeing how T’Challa uses his low level necromancy to help him in the field. I think the emphasis should always be on T’Challa’s martial arts, gadgets, and strategic mind, but having a foot in the mystical is logical for his character even if he’s not as comfortable with it as say Shuri. KOTD represents that next step for T’Challa to play into the more esoteric elements of BP lore as far as the gods are concerned, which is important IMO. I look at it as an umbrella for all the skills T’Challa has relating to Bast and mysticism.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.

In the end, through no fault of his own, Eden only existed to take away from T'challa/Wakanda.

Should T'challa use the tech jungle or skybike or nowhere room to move around Wakanda quickly? Naw, use Eden.

Should T'challa invent his own tech to get to the Djalia to find Shuri? Or hell, even use a Wakandan mystic? Naw, make sure Eden is there to do part of the job.

Should T'challa bring his force ghost ancestors to help defend the Golden City? Naw, make sure Eden is there to do part of the job.

Should T'challa create his own space portal to find vibranium? Naw, make sure Eden is there.

I hope Eden was paid well for his taxi service.

Ultimate Member

I don't see the teleporting part as something wrong. The rest could be seen as problematic.

I don't see the teleporting part as something wrong. The rest could be seen as problematic.
    It is the fact that it is all he did.

No character development for Eden. No reason given to why he is in Wakanda at all as him and Tchalla have no past relations. No arc. all he did is teleport. He did more in one issue of The Crew than he did in 5 years of BP comics

Nah, the xmen want him back now. Lol

Ultimate Member

It is the fact that it is all he did.

No character development for Eden. No reason given to why he is in Wakanda at all as him and Tchalla have no past relations. No arc. all he did is teleport. He did more in one issue of The Crew than he did in 5 years of BP comics
    I see what you mean. Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball on him. I think T'Challa having another hero around is a cool idea but they need to put more effort into the characterization. I'm just saying T'Challa using Eden to teleport isn't a knock against T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nah, the xmen want him back now. Lol
    Ok