Page 403 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Why Krakoa of all places? There’s definitely more immediate geopolitical threats for T’Challa to address before a bunch of mutants that are mostly minding their own business. Though I do remember it being stated they have a policy of regime change for non-treaty nations and we already know that Wakanda has these economic protectorates so that’s bound to come up soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Russia since they seem to be the go to “evil” nation for MU espionage. I’d like to see something in East Asia but that’s highly unlikely as I don’t think we’ve gotten any modern comic stories that cast the Chinese government in a negative light, especially in terms of Africa lol. Atlantis maybe? Like Russia they’ve been going wild internationally in Avengers. America and Britain are good choices too since Ridley was thinking of race when writing this story.
    America can work because of squadron supreme of America and we know T'Challa has been tangling with nighthawk in Avengers, so there's an avenue there. I almost want to say I would like something like Russia or a place other that America to be where the issue arrives Because I don't want to only see Globetrotting take place in WK or the us lol. It's a big world out there and having it occur elsewhere gives an opportunity to create new and exciting villains and challenges for T'Challa (I especially want some new throwaway villain's for T'Challa to dispatch Some that have powerset that allows him to get a few more cool feats under his belt) while showing that WK intelligence spans the entire globe and outside of earth as well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Throne had Tchalla grieving over his love in KiB and that was from his own postings in cbr. It wasn't just Coates. Also, it makes no sense to have ororo that large on the first title if she wasn't going to play a part of his new title. The xoffice are just known for being petty when it comes to these two while the bp writers clearly see the two differently.
    That same story showed T’Challa firmly putting his feelings aside to focus on the objective at hand, saving Wakanda lol. Just because he thought she was dead/lost forever and was worried for her safety doesn’t mean he wants to be with her or that they’re still together post-XOS.

It’s normal for people break up with someone and still have feelings for them. If we look at the timeline, KIB would’ve only been a few weeks after he broke up with Storm, of course he was emotional over her. Storm being in a Ross piece doesn’t mean anything until we see what the Hellfire Gala and this new arc have to say lol.

Throne had Tchalla grieving over his love in KiB and that was from his own postings in cbr. It wasn't just Coates. Also, it makes no sense to have ororo that large on the first title if she wasn't going to play a part of his new title. The xoffice are just known for being petty when it comes to these two while the bp writers clearly see the two differently.
    I mean... that isn't clarity. This is what I mean.

You have some writers ignoring it (has hickman mentioned it once? are the mutants still having orgy parties lol?), some writers hinting (thorn, tayler for instance), one writer going all in (coates), and other writers using it when they need random story elements (terrible sword story).

One way or another, true clarity would be nice. WE don't even have a timeline for Coates story yet.

I see your point. I can buy Russia as either a personal or large scale threat just because we know they have a bunch of super humans they’ve used through the years and geopolitical power isn’t always measured in who has the better armies. There are lots of factors including allies, economic strength, hacking, and objectives, things that with the right story other nations can use against T’Challa. Same goes for most major real-world powers like the US.

But on a purely power basis I agree Krakoa is right up there with Atlantis and Latveria for nations that could pose a major threat, but my obvious issue with that is it requires cooperation with non-BP/Avengers office creators lol, which is probably why you’re right it won’t happen. At least not this early, a crossover could very well be planned between the X-office and not just BP but all the major heroes of the MU. I’m kinda hoping for a mix of both personal and national stakes for this story. Wakanda’s existence doesn’t have to be threatened but maybe it’s reputation and ability to help its neighbors is while T’Challa deals with personal issues and his friends.
    I'll be curious is Ridley works in Avengers stuff ala Namors team, Squadran supreme, the russian team, vampires, ect.

aka... is he actually going to blend the BP universe back into the main universe... or is he pulling a Coates and separating everything?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That same story showed T’Challa firmly putting his feelings aside to focus on the objective at hand, saving Wakanda lol. Just because he thought she was dead/lost forever and was worried for her safety doesn’t mean he wants to be with her or that they’re still together post-XOS.

It’s normal for people break up with someone and still have feelings for them. If we look at the timeline, KIB would’ve only been a few weeks after he broke up with Storm, of course he was emotional over her. Storm being in a Ross piece doesn’t mean anything until we see what the Hellfire Gala and this new arc have to say lol.
    you will not find one story, not even in the Marauders issue, where Tchalla or Ororo stated their relationship was over. it was clearly stated after the annulled marriage but that isn't the case in either of the issues you've referred to. I know you want them to have broken up but its clear especially from the new cover to his reboot book they are not done.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

You have some writers ignoring it (has hickman mentioned it once? are the mutants still having orgy parties lol?), some writers hinting (thorn, tayler for instance), one writer going all in (coates), and other writers using it when they need random story elements (terrible sword story).

One way or another, true clarity would be nice. WE don't even have a timeline for Coates story yet.

I'll be curious is Ridley works in Avengers stuff ala Namors team, Squadran supreme, the russian team, vampires, ect.

aka... is he actually going to blend the BP universe back into the main universe... or is he pulling a Coates and separating everything?
    I have a feeling that he is going to have Wakanda back in the 616 again. Separating from the greater MU works for an arc or two but after that it needs to come back because you need to stay weaved on there.

You know what I want to see? I want a full break down of the Wakandan military, the branches and the factions broken down to their threat level. I will post my idea later as much lunch break is ending but I would like to hear others ideas too

I think the best thing to address your point would be to see how the new writer addresses it. I hope it continues to thrive.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I’d like if they do what they’re doing in that dragged out Wolverine book. Take the general status quo established in Avengers and make stories that relate to it but don’t tie in directly to the main events. So let’s say T’Challa’s dealing with Atlantis, we know relations are strained per Aaron but instead of fighting Namor directly maybe Attuma has taken some Atlantean hordes and is attacking the west coast of Africa which draws T’Challa in because one of his spy friends went missing there and he sees a connection.

I definitely think that the geopolitical status quo Aaron has established is ripe with potential and it’d make sense to at least reference it since Ridley’s doing espionage now. But I agree with Ezyo some diversity in location would be nice. While I could buy the US as a threat I don’t need another T’Challa story that takes him to NYC lol. Let’s see T’Challa in Nigeria, Brazil, and Thailand, Ridley’s just gotta find good reasons for T’Challa to go to those places.

From the little bit of info we got from the article I'm liking what Ridley is saying so far. That Ross cover looks great so I'm optimistic and excited about the solo for the first time in years.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This sounds good, and Juann Cabal will make this beautiful.

I think the best thing to address your point would be to see how the new writer addresses it. I hope it continues to thrive.
    Thrive? Shiiii even in Coates own story he had Storm telling nuNakia to keep T'Challas bed warm when she was away. I would hardly call it thriving. At this point, Storm is the toxic GF who comes in and does whatever she wants and talks isht while T'Challa just takes it. Plus I would likely learn to they are not together after Storm stole the sword from Wakanda and beat up Shuri. Pretty sure that's a deal breaker, especially since they were being hospitable to her.

T'Challa needs to be done with Storm. It is literally not worth it and only she seems to be the only one benefiting from it.

Three thoughts:

1) I agree that we may be getting a more Malakia-style Nakia (Coates' version wasn't even close). Maybe my theory that "Nakia" is the Wakandan equivalent of "Mary" has merit.
    2) "Graphic novel writing" is a bit of a red flag. He's writing a comic, not a "graphic novel", but perhaps he's just litfic'ing it up for the NYT.
    3) Storm giving T'Challa the side-eye is not a good look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Ridley can do right by T'Challa and his mythos .
    At least this first interview shows he actually likes the character unlike the soon to be former guy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I feel like it is Hickman that has to clarify to be fair.

It would be a big plot point if an Omega Mutant was in a relationship with the monarch from a country that isn't 100% with them.

Btu what can you do lol

I’d like if they do what they’re doing in that dragged out Wolverine book. Take the general status quo established in Avengers and make stories that relate to it but don’t tie in directly to the main events. So let’s say T’Challa’s dealing with Atlantis, we know relations are strained per Aaron but instead of fighting Namor directly maybe Attuma has taken some Atlantean hordes and is attacking the west coast of Africa which draws T’Challa in because one of his spy friends went missing there and he sees a connection.

I definitely think that the geopolitical status quo Aaron has established is ripe with potential and it’d make sense to at least reference it since Ridley’s doing espionage now. But I agree with Ezyo some diversity in location would be nice. While I could buy the US as a threat I don’t need another T’Challa story that takes him to NYC lol. Let’s see T’Challa in Nigeria, Brazil, and Thailand, Ridley’s just gotta find good reasons for T’Challa to go to those places.
    Yeah i agree.

I
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thrive? Shiiii even in Coates own story he had Storm telling nuNakia to keep T'Challas bed warm when she was away. I would hardly call it thriving. At this point, Storm is the toxic GF who comes in and does whatever she wants and talks isht while T'Challa just takes it. Plus I would likely learn to they are not together after Storm stole the sword from Wakanda and beat up Shuri. Pretty sure that's a deal breaker, especially since they were being hospitable to her.

T'Challa needs to be done with Storm. It is literally not worth it and only she seems to be the only one benefiting from it.
    storm ask her to be there for him when certain scenarios didn't allow her to be. I think that scene was grossly misinterpreted by some. also, even after that exchange nothing came from it. and storm is toxic yet she fighting to save wakanda when she doesn't have to? ok sure.

Tchalla isn't done with Ororo because real recognizes real and he knows he ain't gone ever find another that can do it like her:

I'm no storm hater but let's not make this day about her LOL