Page 235 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm sort of bored with superheroes. My tastes have been running more to post-cyberpunk sci-fi lately, which is why I've been reading SWORD.

There are only so many third act Epic Battles™ a person can watch.
    Ever since Marvel announced that they won't recast T'Challa, my enthusiasm in anything related to entertainment, in general, has dropped. I just don't have that level of interest that I use to have before the announcement. Even when a new trailer is released for a highly anticipated movie, I'm just like "Oh Great" and just move on not wanting to talk about it.

I hope it gets reignited one day, but right now, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Ever since Marvel announced that they won't recast T'Challa, my enthusiasm in anything related to entertainment, in general, has dropped. I just don't have that level of interest that I use to have before the announcement. Even when a new trailer is released for a highly anticipated movie, I'm just like "Oh Great" and just move on not wanting to talk about it.

I don't think its helped that Chadwick died in the middle of a pandemic that caused the whole entertainment business to shut down.

I could probably count on one hand the number of TV shows or movies I enjoyed in 2020.

I'm going to go see Godzilla/Kong today and it i sthe first movie I have been to in theaters since... Far From Home?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm bored of live action super hero movies (well not of BP) and I wouldn't mind animated BP movie or series. If they are getting rid of T'Challa on the MCU, then atleast get a animated (a good high Budget one) series going to where we can see T'Challa let loose with stuff that's hard to translate into live action. I want to see nyami motherships, prowlers, hand of bast, sheathes EVERYTHING. stuff like MHA, one punch man, those types of superhero stuff is entertaining and I think BP (or American comics as a whole) could benefit from taking some ideas from their manga counterparts
    Here's my question... does a Black Panther project have to be "superhero stuff" AT ALL? Why do we need supervillains and the same old tired tropes?

The pandemic did it for me. There are a handful of films I was excited for (none of which were technically superheroes) but the longer the delay, the more it became "I'll have to stream it someday".

Part of my problem with the MCU, tho, is simply that Endgame felt like just that... an ending. I really don't need to KNOW what happened next for many of these characters. While projects like Far From Home and Wandavision showed there are interesting character arcs to follow, they aren't exactly NECESSARY.

I want something NEW, not just mostly-as-good versions of what went before.

Here's my question... does a Black Panther project have to be "superhero stuff" AT ALL? Why do we need supervillains and the same old tired tropes?

The pandemic did it for me. There are a handful of films I was excited for (none of which were technically superheroes) but the longer the delay, the more it became "I'll have to stream it someday".

Part of my problem with the MCU, tho, is simply that Endgame felt like just that... an ending. I really don't need to KNOW what happened next for many of these characters. While projects like Far From Home and Wandavision showed there are interesting character arcs to follow, they aren't exactly NECESSARY.

I think the shows and movies are definitely trying something new. It's the comics that are stuck in a cycle.

Well that's also why I really liked BP over alot of other superhero movies. It allowed Itself be more then just superhero punch fest, it asked some tough questions and didn't just go with "Big bad punch out, win, frak consequences" it's why I would of loved to see achebe show up as the villain in the sequel, because he isn't someone T'Challa can just punch out. The whole Wakanda vs Atlantis or latveria is kinda eh to me. Like sure maybe for the 3rd to have a big finale to his trilogy but I like how the first movie was more political thriller, espionage, family drama over straight superhero action. I want more exploration of what it means to be a good man and balance being King, what the ramifications of his actions are, and how do you navigate the big stage with all eyes on you (unfortunately we aren't getting that now)

To me that's why I would classify it as the best Marvel movie. Close second being TWS because what they both had in common? They moved away from straight superhero tropes and showed superhero movies can be more complex than what we expect from them.

That's my answer to your question, now what would YOU want to see (IF this was an option for us) in a BP movie/series (animated or otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think its helped that Chadwick died in the middle of a pandemic that caused the whole entertainment business to shut down.

I could probably count on one hand the number of TV shows or movies I enjoyed in 2020.

I'm going to go see Godzilla/Kong today and it i sthe first movie I have been to in theaters since... Far From Home?
    At least you're lucky that the movie theatres are open despite the limited capacity

Here in the UK, we have to wait until May to be able to go into a movie theatre. This will be the first time I will be going to the cinema since I last saw Tenet (which was okay) so I'm somewhat looking forward to that but it will take a while to get my interest up again.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I hope you have fun .

Wish they used endgame to reset. Especially now that they have all of their toys to play with. We could have gotten an appropriate origin story for t'challa that way as well as given Marvel the chance to fix some of their other popular heros like Hulk. Imagine a hulk movie introducing an all new wolverine. The great thing about the MCU is that is all intertwined but eventually that's going to have to be reset so that they can try something new
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-03-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Wish they used endgame to reset. Especially now that they have all of their toys to play with. We could have gotten an appropriate origin story for t'challa that way as well as given Marvel the chance to fix some of their other popular heros like Hulk. Imagine a hulk movie introducing an all new wolverine. The great thing about the MCU is that is all intertwined but eventually that's going to have to be reset so that they can try something new
    Doubt they will ever reset the MCU.

Maybe in the next 50 years, and by then, I probably won't be alive to witness it and wouldn't care.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-03-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Im in the MCU for the long haul. We aren't anywhere near redet time yet, that comes when these characters are no longer the cultural zeitgeist of the entire entertainment industry. Or when the quality drops. That hasn't happened yet. Its not going to be the same without BP though. I still think they will pull it off but I will just wait and see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope you have fun .
    Movie was quite fun.

Better than KotM

Next up, Mortal Kombat

Doubt they will ever reset the MCU.

Maybe in the next 50 years, and by then, I probably won't be alive to witness it and wouldn't care.
    They won't reset until the movies stop making profit every single time.

So yeah, I'd say you got at minium, 20 years of stories left (this 10 year run, then 10 year X men run) followed by a gap to reintroduce.

covid probably gave all movie execs an excuse for bad blockbuster movies too.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-03-2021 at 02:00 PM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So who is replacing Coates?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    No word as of yet. Especially since the last issue got delayed AGAIN. Ugh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m sure those few thousands are the ones still buying the book as it continues to hemorrhage sales lol. I’m not denying there are some who like the direction Coates is taking the franchise. But looking at the some of the worst sales in BP history and online chatter in places like Reddit, this entire forum, and others, it’s obvious that this run is not nearly as popular, well regarded, or “epic” as Twitter and one Youtuber would have you believe.

And I say this as someone that likes Blerd Without Fear but I have no problem admitting his standards are low and he fits with the few thousand people that champion this story heavily on the basis of blackness, with quality coming second. So yea, Coates has his supporters, especially if they’re not long term BP fans and only know the character from the MCU and his run. But I’m happy you’re enjoying it and will give the next writer the same leeway to do what they please with the franchise as Coates. Assuming you’ll keep reading without Storm in the title lol.
    I always felt that since the Hudlin run that Marvel always wanted to "humble" the Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    No word as of yet. Especially since the last issue got delayed AGAIN. Ugh.
    At this point, I am starting to think there is no replacement.

They are gonna put it on the shelf for a certain time period.

I think at the very least it would have leaked by now. THis thing was supposed to end a long time ago.