Page 169 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 15079
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    How many people want Brian Michael Bendis to write a Black panther solo?
    Absolutely and vehemently FOCK-NO!
    For all his writing experience, his charactersations are garbage, and his storytelling, boring plodding and incoherent. HWMNBN seems to be the other side of That Person's "tear things down and irrevocably change things...for reasons" coin. And I will never support it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Some of the stuff Coates got called out for-Bendis is guilty of too. Mainly expanding a story too long but not to the level we have seen with Coates.

Although in both cases I would say that was more due to trade writing.

I would say at this point treat Black Panther volume 8 like Batman Legend of the Dark Knight-rotate a creative team in for an arc. At least that would give you time to find who you want before BP2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Some of the stuff Coates got called out for-Bendis is guilty of too. Mainly expanding a story too long but not to the level we have seen with Coates.

I would say at this point treat Black Panther volume 8 like Batman Legend of the Dark Knight-rotate a creative team in for an arc. At least that would give you time to find who you want before BP2 comes out.
    Both of them ignore continuity and do whatever they want with very little or no editorial oversite, both of them love excessive dialogue, and both of them seem to have a problem with high sci-fi elements. Bendis at least tries to overcome his weaknesses, I just wish he didn't try it on the Legion of Superheroes. I don't think he'd go back to Marvel anyway.

Incredible Member

Bendis gave us Miles and Naomi im forever grateful for that

If it's Dark Avengers era Bendis, I'm down for it.

The question is still the same, who wants to see Bendis writing a BP solo?

The question is still the same, who wants to see Bendis writing a BP solo?
    Only time Bendis wrote BP well was when he told the Illuminait to F off.

Since then, it was BP being enthralled with Captain America and then BP switching sides in CWII because of... Captain America.

I'd rather not have a book than have bendis lol.

Even peak Bendis would suck with BP. It isn't his type of character at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wanda has never recovered...'nuff said.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This is what I'm talking about. A Black Panther fan explains why he doesn't like Coates BP(which all of have done multiple times) and yet some Coates supporters will hand wave this away.

Even when supporters try to counter argue the points made, it doesn't come close to refuting the complaints made about his writing:

Mis-characterizing BP and Wakanda - a misogynistic nation that allows rape camps to flourish.
    Sidelining T'Challa in his own book to push other characters. Men are incapable unless they are the villains.
    Pacing of his story and not remembering his own canon. Things wind up not making any sense the longer the story goes on.
    Leaving it up to the artist to promote Afro-futurism which we still did not see.
    Bringing BP down to the level of villains instead of elevating the villains. Why is BP struggling with henchmen?
    Failure to understand the nature of writing cape-comics. In a solo hero's book, it's usually best to let him get the victory and not allow other characters to get those wins.

I don't know how many times someone has done this same list and gone into more details with it only to have someone else come in here and say that we want Panther-god and call us hostile.
    And in case anyone was wondering, no I am not a die hard star wars fan, I am a casual, I enjoyed the movies that I watched (save TLJ still haven't watched rise or solo) I have read some EU comic's and watched the clone wars series.. both series. So I can safely say, as a casual, TLJ was incredibly boring and was just bad from just movie standpoints in general ignoring that it's a Starwars movie. It was so bad it actually killed my care to finish the newest trilogy because it was so incredibly bad. From lack of character arcs for the protagonists, incredibly illogical stupidity from the protagonists, and the utter assassination of the other protagonist as well as the weird random ass New "Love Interest" for said character.
    Basically it nothing in the movie was earned, big moments were met with a meh for me because nothing was earned. The lack of communication or logic failing that would of prevented catastrophy was at horror movie levels of character stupidity to get the characters killed. And the finale for the end was so... Dumb. Like to be honest, they should of just Mercy killed Finn and had him sacrifice himself to save the rebellion in a blaze of glory, because when rose intervened and her logic and the kiss was so incredibly cringe...

All of that. Take all that and it can apply to Coates BP and it all that criticism fit's perfectly into that as well, except add in the racial stereotypes, misogyny, the colonizing and slave driving. All of which never existed in Wakanda. It just shows when someone who doesn't respect the franchise or Character they are working on and just want to tell their story, regardless if it works for said character or not it doesn't matter they are just a mouth piece for the message™

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wanda has never recovered...'nuff said.
    or you could say he made her relevant though.

Ain't no WandaVision without Bendis Wanda for instance.

But I mean... shout out to Bendis for Alias (dope), his Daredevil run (dope), Ultimate Spider-Man (dope), Miles Morales existence, and for putting Luke Cage as leader as the New Avengers.

But yeah... no lol. Please god no lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Or or.... Just hear me out.... They let frakking Redjack get The series because he has already proven himself as a fan of the character, and has proved he understands who he is and how he operates abd had a wildy successful run in BP quest. And In case people forgot about that gem.. we just got reminded why he should take the reigns in KiB Black Panther... They got THE GUY on the sidelines and are giving the unproven neophytes who will play it safe and ultimately rear down the biggest Black hero in media

So, I asked the Bendis question for a reason: Judging from the small sampling so far it appears a majority doesn't want a Bendis written BP solo. The same reasons they gave for not wanting a Bendis book are the same ones they gave for not liking Coates. Now, I didn't hear anyone flaming people for not wanting Bendis on BP the way they flame people for not liking Coates. People lurk in this thread quite often so they've had plenty of opportunities to voice their opinion.

Bendis' Miles and Alias books are good reads as well as his Daredevil. For the most part, Bendis does well with characters that he's created(Miles, Jessica Jones, Naomi). I enjoyed the Illuminati mini as well as The Cabal one-shot.

With that said, I don't want Bendis anywhere near BP. Like Coates, he doesn't get the character and writes him wayyy ooc. They both ignore their own stories just to move the plot along to the next. The dialogue is horrible and they don't care that their stories don't make sense. But you won't see anyone come in the thread to say that Bendis' BP is great and that we're haters. But criticize Coates and we're the worst.

Is this the same Bendis that had Tchalla fall to his death and land on his neck despite having the powers of a cat God and a vibranium suit? Pass for me. Also had him using Daredevils weapons and being saved by Cap from a sentinal during David Liss' excellent run showing he couldn't even be bothered to read it and see what was going on

Still, a better choice than a writter openly hostile to the character.
    Id like a knowledgeable writer who respects the foundations of the character and his world. One that isn't afraid to take risks without tearing things down. Ive got alot of comics money to spend since its been piling up over the last 5 years and im very ready to spend it
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-28-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only time Bendis wrote BP well was when he told the Illuminait to F off.

Since then, it was BP being enthralled with Captain America and then BP switching sides in CWII because of... Captain America.

I'd rather not have a book than have bendis lol.

Even peak Bendis would suck with BP. It isn't his type of character at all.
    I thought he switched sides when Carol tried to arrest Miles?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And in case anyone was wondering, no I am not a die hard star wars fan, I am a casual, I enjoyed the movies that I watched (save TLJ still haven't watched rise or solo) I have read some EU comic's and watched the clone wars series.. both series. So I can safely say, as a casual, TLJ was incredibly boring and was just bad from just movie standpoints in general ignoring that it's a Starwars movie. It was so bad it actually killed my care to finish the newest trilogy because it was so incredibly bad. From lack of character arcs for the protagonists, incredibly illogical stupidity from the protagonists, and the utter assassination of the other protagonist as well as the weird random ass New "Love Interest" for said character.
    Basically it nothing in the movie was earned, big moments were met with a meh for me because nothing was earned. The lack of communication or logic failing that would of prevented catastrophy was at horror movie levels of character stupidity to get the characters killed. And the finale for the end was so... Dumb. Like to be honest, they should of just Mercy killed Finn and had him sacrifice himself to save the rebellion in a blaze of glory, because when rose intervened and her logic and the kiss was so incredibly cringe...

All of that. Take all that and it can apply to Coates BP and it all that criticism fit's perfectly into that as well, except add in the racial stereotypes, misogyny, the colonizing and slave driving. All of which never existed in Wakanda. It just shows when someone who doesn't respect the franchise or Character they are working on and just want to tell their story, regardless if it works for said character or not it doesn't matter they are just a mouth piece for the message™
    Solo was hot garbage so you’re not missing out on much.