Page 513 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Random. But I wish we were getting a book about T'challa's challenges being an Intergalactic Emperor. I honestly don't see how the world governments aren't going crazy in the Marvel Universe. The Wakandan Empire now has literal planets at their disposal, I'm sure the World Leaders would freak out more about that even more than they would at knowing the mutants were colonizing Mars. Or idk maybe they would drift towards Wakanda as being their only defense against the threat of arrako
    Yeah, you think it would have been brought up that a human nation has a larger presence in space than the mutants.

But that would require actually acknowledging the ongoing....

Y’all made me think the new BP dlc was out, so I just redownloaded that wack game for nothing
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering the Disney XD Marvel Animated Universe was basically mirroring the MCU as much as possible . . . yeah, I'm with you there. We really need a solid animated Marvel Universe that doesn't just emulate the MCU because it's the most well-known version of the Marvel Universe with the general public.
    Plus that's just incredibly limiting. You miss out on so many stories and content if your trying to rely on MCU VA for characters. If they want to take some aesthetics, or tech that showed up, cool fo for it. Bit could you imagine how limited Star wars would be of they had to use the og VA for their animated stuff?

A marvel animated universe with the same care as the MCU done with te Spider-Verse animatino would be god tier.

Animation is simply the superior format for comic book stuff.

It will never happen though lool
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

you'd have to find a Kevin Feige and the right writers to pull that off over years. It'd be hard to give the right person that much control over multiple projects and different writers. Too many cooks involved to pull that off. Let's be real not even the MCU pulled that off completely they had to go back and prune Agents of Shield and the Netflix universe. Plus the way some characters evolved like Thor and Black Widow makes them seem very different from their initial appearances if we want to nitpick.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you'd have to find a Kevin Feige and the right writers to pull that off over years. It'd be hard to give the right person that much control over multiple projects and different writers. Too many cooks involved to pull that off. Let's be real not even the MCU pulled that off completely they had to go back and prune Agents of Shield and the Netflix universe. Plus the way some characters evolved like Thor and Black Widow makes them seem very different from their initial appearances if we want to nitpick.
    The problem is that they wanted everything to be tied to the MCU. Sometimes that just for doesn't work and that's okay. Not everything needs to be tied and connected. Animation side should be connected to the animationverse, MCU and D+ shows connected together. And Comics to 616. Otherwise you get giant clusters and things getting pruned.

Just make it it's own universe to tell some stories and big set pieces we don't get in the MCU due to time and Budget whole still giving those comic story adaption vibes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem is that they wanted everything to be tied to the MCU. Sometimes that just for doesn't work and that's okay. Not everything needs to be tied and connected. Animation side should be connected to the animationverse, MCU and D+ shows connected together. And Comics to 616. Otherwise you get giant clusters and things getting pruned.

Just make it it's own universe to tell some stories and big set pieces we don't get in the MCU due to time and Budget whole still giving those comic story adaption vibes
    Yea Disney should realize by now they’re most acclaimed non-MCU Marvel projects are the ones that don’t try to be carbon copies of the movies. Immortal Hulk, the entire X-line, the Spider-Man PS4 game (technically Sony but still), etc. Trying to make everything MCU-lite makes everything not the MCU worse.

Because you can’t bring the same elements to a game or cartoon that you would the movies without coming off like little more than a uncanny valley tie-in, which makes things seem lazy on top of not energizing the more hardcore fans that really drive your non-live action projects.

That’s not to say there should be absolutely zero synergy, just because a good idea comes from the movies doesn’t mean it should be ignored everywhere else. But Marvel would find much more success (critically and likely commercially) if they didn’t obsessively try to make everything conform to one iteration of the characters.

While many of them weren’t popular before the MCU pushed them, they’ve had in many cases decades of stories and approaches that with the right reinterpretation could find success in other mediums without relying on stuff from the movies. DC does this to astounding success with Batman and I feel characters like T’Challa and Thor have similar range if the creative freedom is there.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Rewatched Endgame. Man Im sad as hell this is the last appearance of T'Challa.

And I really enjoy the movie, but I wish T'Challa got to interact with the core crew and watch him help solve things.

Astonishing Member

I just don't get where's the problem. I know it was sad the actor died, but MCU didn't have problems with replacing actors in the past. Rhodey Joney and Bruce Banner are two examples. Can't they simply use Black Panther in the future with his mask on all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Rewatched Endgame. Man Im sad as hell this is the last appearance of T'Challa.

And I really enjoy the movie, but I wish T'Challa got to interact with the core crew and watch him help solve things.
    There are a lot of things that I would have liked to have seen.

BP teaming up with the new White Wolf.
    BP and Cap interacting more.
    Where the new Wakandan Initiative in the US would have gone.
    BP as one of the New Avengers. Or would they have been The Ultimates? We already have Carol and Monica.
    The new villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I just don't get where's the problem. I know it was sad the actor died, but MCU didn't have problems with replacing actors in the past. Rhodey Joney and Bruce Banner are two examples. Can't they simply use Black Panther in the future with his mask on all the time?
    No because that would be uncomfortable as hell for the actor plus that Atlanta heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Just count yourself among the more grounded and rational of BP.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, you think it would have been brought up that a human nation has a larger presence in space than the mutants.

But that would require actually acknowledging the ongoing....
    Not just any human nation, an African nation with the most advanced technology known to humankind on Earth and an African nation that was never conquered, colonized, or enslaved, now with the power and scope of an intergalactic empire added. That should be making the dominant powers of human civilization as we know it as nervous as, if not more nervous than, Krakoa ever made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Plus that's just incredibly limiting. You miss out on so many stories and content if your trying to rely on MCU VA for characters. If they want to take some aesthetics, or tech that showed up, cool fo for it. Bit could you imagine how limited Star wars would be of they had to use the og VA for their animated stuff?
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A marvel animated universe with the same care as the MCU done with te Spider-Verse animatino would be god tier.

Animation is simply the superior format for comic book stuff.

It will never happen though lool
    Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea Disney should realize by now they’re most acclaimed non-MCU Marvel projects are the ones that don’t try to be carbon copies of the movies. Immortal Hulk, the entire X-line, the Spider-Man PS4 game (technically Sony but still), etc. Trying to make everything MCU-lite makes everything not the MCU worse.

Because you can’t bring the same elements to a game or cartoon that you would the movies without coming off like little more than a uncanny valley tie-in, which makes things seem lazy on top of not energizing the more hardcore fans that really drive your non-live action projects.

That’s not to say there should be absolutely zero synergy, just because a good idea comes from the movies doesn’t mean it should be ignored everywhere else. But Marvel would find much more success (critically and likely commercially) if they didn’t obsessively try to make everything conform to one iteration of the characters.

While many of them weren’t popular before the MCU pushed them, they’ve had in many cases decades of stories and approaches that with the right reinterpretation could find success in other mediums without relying on stuff from the movies. DC does this to astounding success with Batman and I feel characters like T’Challa and Thor have similar range if the creative freedom is there.
    Very well-made point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Continuing my read-through, I just read World of Wakanda 1-6. I'll talk about the backup story and issue 6 first. I liked both, although both are weaker than I remembered. I remember liking issue 6 a lot and I think I would like it, but the fact that it didn't go anywhere after is a disappointment.

Regarding the main story, I'm tempted to make a "Still a Better Love Story than Twilight" meme, but I've honestly never read Twilight and I can't guarantee it's better. That being said, as more of a political story of how they lost faith in the King, I think it works a little bit better. I'd actually say the whole thing is paced pretty well. But the dialogue is genuinely terrible. That being said, when you read everything all at once, it sort of washes over you and doesn't feel as terrible.

Next up is Black Panther & The Crew. I'll get to it probably by Wednesday. I wanted to get both prequel books done before continuing with the main narrative.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?