Page 297 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I really hope they actually put some effort into the animation side. It's a good way to lock in the younger crowd, whole being able to pull off big feats you can't in love action due to budget,and time restraints.

Also, I read an article a week or so ago talking about how the BP franchise will most likely be good without T'Challa based on F&WS showings of the DM and I had to chuckle.

Reading it made me realize how divorced from reality people can be. The said they given the fan reception of the DM showing up, it's clear that people care about Wakanda and want to see more (true) however, what these people generally fail to realize is that small cameos in a tv series or a movie does NOT constitute enough carrying power for an entire movie. It's why when people said they should make a Domino movie, or an Okoye movie or whatever, the seem to think that their short < 5-10 showing is enough to warrant and entire movie.

Hell people to this day still say T'Challa was better on CW then in his Solo despite his cw debut he accomplished nothing through out the entire movie other then keeping Zemo alive.

Whereas he carried his movie and people were more enamoured by the scenes of Shuri, or M'Baku, or Okoye. Yeah, it's easy to make a character look badass, or memorable or whatever when they have less that 16 min of screen time. People thought the same with T'Challa on CW too. However, when they need to carry the movie, theb3 listed above fall waaaay short of the mark because their defining features are being witty or badass. You need alot more if your the main focus in a 2+ hour movie.
    We’ll see how the sequel performs and is received when it comes out, everyone (including us) has an agenda about what they feel should happen with the Black Panther IP. But Marvel’s made their choice and while I’ve signed that petition and all that the only thing left to do is see what happens next and what the plans for T’Challa are. I’m still holding out a sliver of hope they recast for BP3 but I’ve made my peace with whatever happens at this point lol.

In terms of animation, like I said MCU synergy seems most likely but hopefully I’m wrong. Maybe the opening of the multiverse makes Disney more willing to experiment with continuity not beholden to what goes on in the movies. And surely they must be seeing the success Sony is having with multiple iterations of Spider-Man (game version, Spider-verse, MCU) and realizes they can do something similar with Black Panther or Thor. Not everything needs to be 100% synergized, comics are special in that way and some companies are taking advantage of that.

Ultimate Member

Eh I would of rather seen T'Challa flexing his genius mind then it being vaguely hinted at and unclear kn his scale of genius while it's clear that Shuri is a super genius. To the point that people start making ridiculous claims. Aamhain, there should of been zero issue with showing both as tech geniuses, it would of been so easy to do without requiring T'Challa in the lab either. Just have it clearly defined that he created things other Thane just his Cw habit. Showcase he created the emp beads that Shuri upgraded, showcase some of the stuff she was showing off in her lab were based of the design schematics that T'Challa sent to her. Have them crack a joke about how the vibranium sand tables he created are still the most useful tech around and doesn't require upgrades.

There are literally a endless amount of ways both could of been established as super geniuses and still gave Shuri the role she had in the movie. All the stuff I listed above would of only required the dialogue said.
    Yeah. Or they could show their respective intelligences in contrastive/complementary ways.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We’ll see how the sequel performs and is received when it comes out, everyone (including us) has an agenda about what they feel should happen with the Black Panther IP. But Marvel’s made their choice and while I’ve signed that petition and all that the only thing left to do is see what happens next and what the plans for T’Challa are. I’m still holding out a sliver of hope they recast for BP3 but I’ve made my peace with whatever happens at this point lol.

In terms of animation, like I said MCU synergy seems most likely but hopefully I’m wrong. Maybe the opening of the multiverse makes Disney more willing to experiment with continuity not beholden to what goes on in the movies. And surely they must be seeing the success Sony is having with multiple iterations of Spider-Man (game version, Spider-verse, MCU) and realizes they can do something similar with Black Panther or Thor. Not everything needs to be 100% synergized, comics are special in that way and some companies are taking advantage of that.
    I'm sure the film will be a success by marvel standards. But how it compares to the first will be the deciding factor, and if it not well received due to the lack of T'Challa, the development of side Characters who had zero Character development, or whatever remains to be seen. Because if the movie does mediocre Ant-Man numbers (by post covid-19 standards) then I guarantee Feigi will be singing how they always planned to bring T'Challa back because he is so integral to the MCU and "Wakanda needs it's Black Panther" or something along those lines. They have shown as much over the last 6 months that what they have said before means isht and they will say whatever to appease.

For animation, mcu synergy is Kinda boring. Sure don't take everything from the comics but mcu is so very limited on what you can do it's nuts. Plus we already have the D+ series. Why make the animation ANOTHER MCU tie in? All that will do is overcomplicate and make a bunch of plot holes. Like the D+ show did like reconning Ayo to be a close friend of Bucky despite them never meeting or talking ever

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I'm sure the film will be a success by marvel standards. But how it compares to the first will be the deciding factor, and if it not well received due to the lack of T'Challa, the development of side Characters who had zero Character development, or whatever remains to be seen. Because if the movie does mediocre Ant-Man numbers (by post covid-19 standards) then I guarantee Feigi will be singing how they always planned to bring T'Challa back because he is so integral to the MCU and "Wakanda needs it's Black Panther" or something along those lines. They have shown as much over the last 6 months that what they have said before means isht and they will say whatever to appease.

For animation, mcu synergy is Kinda boring. Sure don't take everything from the comics but mcu is so very limited on what you can do it's nuts. Plus we already have the D+ series. Why make the animation ANOTHER MCU tie in? All that will do is overcomplicate and make a bunch of plot holes. Like the D+ show did like reconning Ayo to be a close friend of Bucky despite them never meeting or talking ever

Sequels almost NEVER do as well as their predecessors, though.

(Although 3rd movies often do better than second movies.)

That being said, i fully expect, when BP2 doesn't make 2 billion dollars, people will claim that it is some sort of mandate because the film didn't match their headcanon.

They could even backpedal if the movie ends up being Marvel’s Last Jedi (makes bank but has polarizing reception). Don’t believe me? Just look at how TROS was obviously bending over backwards to address the criticisms of its predecessor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I liked T'challa in Avengers today.

And more Blade!

oh and remember when T'challa has been too busy in his own solo book to do stuff....

spoilers:
    like rape camps and ****? well, apparently he can find time to look over medical files of a 9 year old at a cancer hospital and clear his schedule to get there early in the middle of 20 other tasks

bc that is what T'challa does. Because he is a bast damn hero

Coates is a idiot

end of spoilers

I'm confused what is going on with the book though... looks like we are revisting Vampire arc (one of the better ones) but... Heroes Reborn is soon right? and WW she Hulk? When is this going to be explored? Is there a blade book coming out?
    Maybe something like District X. But it would have to be a Mac comic for it to work. The issue set up that there are starving Vamps so there are bound to gang wars over resources. Vamps who cross the border and kill humans and Blade has to investigate. A MAX book with good banter between Blade and Dracula.

Aaron like to set things up and not revisit until a year or so later. If Blade doesn't get his own book it will get picked up at some point. Has the plot point that Gorilla Man works for Dracula been addressed?

Aaron almost pulled off for Tchalla what Tom King did for Mister Terrific, but not nearly as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, I've said this before: DC & Marvel Comics are some of the only major multimedia franchises without consistent representation.

You don't see differences between the Star Wars movies, books, and comics (anymore). Same with Doctor Who. And I'm not even going to TRY to list the examples in anime/manga. I'm not sure if it's because of a lack of a unified corporate vision, or because the publishing arm still wants to think that they are driving the fandom.

"Oh, we'll take elements from the movies to attract readers, but WE are the REAL stories."

Meanwhile, the sales on the Avengers comic dance around 50K. And that's WITH variant covers, events, and sales incentives.

(It's not even worth looking at the numbers of T'Coates).
    Absolutely true.
    I wish I could see the numbers but justify the actions that they take because from a ground level it seems like they're trying to satisfy multiple different customer bases at once who all don't have the same consumer interests.

For instance in video games copying the MCU never seems to work out. It's never worked out from movies to video games for any industry outside of a few rare examples. Quality isn't the only reason for it i believe.

You have a hardcore fanbase who may enjoy the movies but greatly values the "books" or source material that doesnt come with the Hollywood mandates and director changes cinima does as opposed to the casual audience who even still wont take the time to read a comic but loves them some Ayo.

So since comics cant rewrite history and make Ayo historically relevant its a tough sell to push her in the hardcore markets as a major player. Not to single out Ayo lol

With Disney controlling everything and centralizing power around a few people everything is just becoming so convoluted that the history behind some of these characters and their stories matter less and less.

Ultimate Member

(It's not even worth looking at the numbers of T'Coates).
    Already did it.... for that OTHER thread..

Lets see the power of variants in action on Black Panther

BP #6 26220 X-Men variant (New trade volume) 12/2018
    BP #7 27548 FF variant 1328 increase
    BP #8 22670 GOTG variant 4330 decrease
    BP 9 23052 2 variants (Skrulls & Norman cover) 382 increase
    BP #10 21449 Jen Bartel Spiderman cover 1603 decrease
    BP #11 20572 Rahzzah variant 877 decrease
    BP #12 20993 Okeye variant cover 421 increase
    BP #13 21024 3 variants including Virgin cover 31 increase
    BP #14 23310 Carnage variant & Storm on the main cover 2286 increase
    BP#15 18419 Storm on main cover and Killmonger variant 4891 DECREASE
    BP #16 16146 No variant 2273 decrease
    BP #17 15260 No variant 886 decrease (RETURN OF KILLMONGER)
    BP #18 14727 No variant 533 decrease
    BP #19 15666 Dustin Weaver variant 939 increase
    BP #20 15142 Michael Cho variant 524 decrease
    BP #21 14639 Dave Johnson Storm variant 503 decrease
    BP #22 13894 Kaare Andrews variant 745 decrease

You don't see differences between the Star Wars movies, books, and comics (anymore). Same with Doctor Who.
    Star Wars did not mind counting everything as canon to a point.
    Star Trek had set rules. Tv and movies canon. Everything else varied.
    IDW era of Star Trek gave you filler between the movies and shows. Like Laforge designing Spock's ship for Star Trek 2009. However we saw a created character from the comic appear in the movie.

Also the writers for the Marvel & DC movies and shows are NOT the same folks doing the comics. Unlike say Bob's Burgers, Dr Who, Regular Show and others that do.

The problem is sometimes the movie changes are worse or more generic, and take away the interesting ideas of the comics. Imagine how much worse Janet Van Dyne would be if synergy was stronger, for instance
    How much better would Cyborg be? If we went with Doom Patrol or Teen Titans Go version?

How many unused in comic character would fare better if their tv versions were used?

Ultimate Member

Cyborg could probably benefit from synergy. That's why I think synergy should be "mixed," if that makes sense

Sequels almost NEVER do as well as their predecessors, though.

(Although 3rd movies often do better than second movies.)

That being said, i fully expect, when BP2 doesn't make 2 billion dollars, people will claim that it is some sort of mandate because the film didn't match their headcanon.
    I'm not saying hit has to break the bank like BP did. At this point I don't expect it to ever be the same again for movie theaters. However, quality and storytelling wise, this is going to be a monumental task ahead of the cast to fill the massive hole left by Chadwick's passing and not recasting. Again, the movie will be a success by marvel standards, however there are different levels of success and just because it made money doesn't mean they won't make big changes between movie's. The Thor franchise is a perfect example of that

Imagine how much better Hank would be...

(Actually, where IS Janet nowadays?)
    The best version of Janet has been from Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How are they parasites? It's not like the movies are thinking up their own characters for the most part
    Black Panther 2 is about to do just that with the titular character according to Feigie

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Maybe something like District X. But it would have to be a Mac comic for it to work. The issue set up that there are starving Vamps so there are bound to gang wars over resources. Vamps who cross the border and kill humans and Blade has to investigate. A MAX book with good banter between Blade and Dracula.

Aaron like to set things up and not revisit until a year or so later. If Blade doesn't get his own book it will get picked up at some point. Has the plot point that Gorilla Man works for Dracula been addressed?

Aaron almost pulled off for Tchalla what Tom King did for Mister Terrific, but not nearly as cool.
    I didn't expect the hologram spoilers:
    To be T'chaka. And it talked like it was force ghost T'chaka? Curious
    end of spoilers

Did Aaron pull the holograms from BP vs DP?

I honestly don't remember about Gorilla Man lol.....

Aaron has so many plot lines right now it feels like he plans to be on the run for a long long long time

So far, I liked the first Vamp arc and I actually liked the Khonshu arc.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther 2 is about to do just that with the titular character according to Feigie
    Has that been confirmed?