Page 910 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920960 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it...

spoilers:
    Should have been Taku.

Dude has just disappeared from the mythos anyway. Say they faked his death and went undercover.

Honestly, other than Taku, I don't even know who is from the old mythos that would even work at all. T'challa doesn't have many Wakandan friends and even less that are still alive. Taku, Malakai and.... ??

I'm not sure there is really anyone that could have gave the depth any weight simply because T'challa has no friends lol

It is cool he is seemingly getting a new sidekick though! thta is actually wakandan and the suit looks cool. Too bad the love interest angle is completely shut down due to her banging his friend lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think Kantu could have worked too. He's probably in his early 20s by now, T'Challa knew him when he was kid. Just say that after his adventures with T'Challa in Jungle Action he was inspired to serve his country like the Black Panther. Would've been great to see a kid who lived through Killmonger's invasion and the Wakandan crack epidemic (lol) become one of his king's best agents and die protecting the woman he loved.

T'Challa would've felt more personally responsible and it would've been a cool opportunity to do a panel or two in that 70s style to emphasize how far back the pair went. But I agree there was really no way to make the scene pop because T'Challa's supporting cast by and large lacks any personality or deep connections that would make their loss meaningful. So an OC isn't much worse that Kantu or Taku tbh.

And who knows what they end up doing with that female agent lol. Since a big theme of this arc seems to be betrayal (both by T'Challa and those in his life) she could be working for the villain. But unless Ridley wants to play up T'Challa as James Bond I doubt they end up together. But it seems like Storm is out the question too given how she's being positioned as a rival/obstacle to T'Challa's plans. Might be awhile before a new BP LI and I'm ok with that lol.
    end of spoilers

Someone want to make a new thread for issue one spoilers like we used to before the death of our excitement in the form of Coats era TChalla?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Kantu could have worked too. He's probably in his early 20s by now, T'Challa knew him when he was kid. Just say that after his adventures with T'Challa in Jungle Action he was inspired to serve his country like the Black Panther. Would've been great to see a kid who lived through Killmonger's invasion and the Wakandan crack epidemic (lol) become one of his king's best agents and die protecting the woman he loved.

T'Challa would've felt more personally responsible and it would've been a cool opportunity to do a panel or two in that 70s style to emphasize how far back the pair went. But I agree there was really no way to make the scene pop because T'Challa's supporting cast by and large lacks any personality or deep connections that would make their loss meaningful. So an OC isn't much worse that Kantu or Taku tbh.

And who knows what they end up doing with that female agent lol. Since a big theme of this arc seems to be betrayal (both by T'Challa and those in his life) she could be working for the villain. But unless Ridley wants to play up T'Challa as James Bond I doubt they end up together. But it seems like Storm is out the question too given how she's being positioned as a rival/obstacle to T'Challa's plans. Might be awhile before a new BP LI and I'm ok with that lol.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe there was another one I am blanking on

spoilers:
    But we just saw Kantu in Long Live The King #3 so it wouldn't make sense for him to become a spy so quickly and rise up the ranks.

Are there two Kantu's or is that the guy you are talking about?
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

it...

spoilers:
    Should have been Taku.

Dude has just disappeared from the mythos anyway. Say they faked his death and went undercover.

Honestly, other than Taku, I don't even know who is from the old mythos that would even work at all. T'challa doesn't have many Wakandan friends and even less that are still alive. Taku, Malakai and.... ??

I'm not sure there is really anyone that could have gave the depth any weight simply because T'challa has no friends lol

It is cool he is seemingly getting a new sidekick though! thta is actually wakandan and the suit looks cool. Too bad the love interest angle is completely shut down due to her banging his friend lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Could have made is Sofija but then I would have cried too
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If that MCU rumor about T’Challa and Nakia having a son is true, then maybe synergy kicks in, and Ridley revives NuNakia. Lmao.
    end of spoilers

No no. Positive vibes for the first time in forever in this thread, let’s not put that energy out in the universe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I assume you realize that the most likely candidate for the actual villain is

spoilers:
    Omolola herself. If she was turned, then the easiest way for her to find the OTHER sleepers would be to get T'Challa to lead her to them.
    end of spoilers

Overall I think this was a strong start to Ridley's run and so far I like his T'Challa. There were a few things that I didn't like but what bugged me the most was spoilers:
    Shuri calling him paranoid. Does she not remember what world that she lives in?
    end of spoilers

Maybe there was another one I am blanking on

spoilers:
    But we just saw Kantu in Long Live The King #3 so it wouldn't make sense for him to become a spy so quickly and rise up the ranks.

Are there two Kantu's or is that the guy you are talking about?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think Kantu was the kid that saved him from Killmonger. He died in his teens from a crack overdose after returning from the US. In theory he could be one of the spies with the overdose being the cover story. Malaika, Sofija, Taku and any BP supporting character that has been in limbo could be the spies. Unless Ridley is using strictly OCs.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    spoilers:
    Could have made is Sofija but then I would have cried too
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This storyline can easily bring her back and I'll be for it. She has a good enough background and it would easily explain why she hasn't been since leaving for Wakanda with T'Challa.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

spoilers:
    Omolola herself. If she was turned, then the easiest way for her to find the OTHER sleepers would be to get T'Challa to lead her to them.
    end of spoilers
    This is a strong possibility

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This is a strong possibility
    spoilers:

there would have to be a very strong villain monologue explaining why she killed her Boo then
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spoilers:

there would have to be a very strong villain monologue explaining why she killed her Boo then
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Off the top of my head, he outlived his usefulness. She seduced him to get information out of him until she didn't need him and knew that his death would personally affect T'Challa. Also it meant that she and the main villain can track down the other spies because T'Challa will now be looking for them.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Not really. I mean, it's a classic spoilers:
    femme fatale
    end of spoilers move.

spoilers:
    "The deluded fool actually thought I loved him! As if I would ever fall for a man like him!
    end of spoilers

That sort of thing.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Hey everyone,

Just finished reading the 1st issue. Like the characterization of T'Challa and looks like the plot will be interesting, but more action on T'Challa's part is required.

I am excited to see what happens next.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Very much enjoyed the issue but do not like:

spoilers:
    he's always portrayed as dishonest/lying
    end of spoilers

hoping this doesn't come back to bite him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lol all these blocks are getting me excited to check out the issue when I get the chance Soni can jump in the conversation. Just don't let it dry out before I get the chance to join in!