Page 507 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa made a nice appearance in FF for Doom’s wedding. Seems like he’s looking for a non-aggression pact with Latveria. He had the usual tension with Namor but other than that he’s just a spectator to the events of the issue. No interesting moments with any of the FF outside Ben. Looks like we’ll get to see him in action next issue given how things ended up. Nothing spectacular but I did like his regalia even if it’s a bit basic.

I’m really looking forward to this return to espionage for the character because we often don’t get to see T’Challa the statesman. But with Wakanda more involved in global security than ever before and a variety of geopolitical hotspots cropping up in Avengers, there’s a rich storytelling landscape to explore with his character.
    You think he'd try to spread more of Wakanda's soft power?

T’Challa made a nice appearance in FF for Doom’s wedding. Seems like he’s looking for a non-aggression pact with Latveria. He had the usual tension with Namor but other than that he’s just a spectator to the events of the issue. No interesting moments with any of the FF outside Ben. Looks like we’ll get to see him in action next issue given how things ended up. Nothing spectacular but I did like his regalia even if it’s a bit basic.

I’m really looking forward to this return to espionage for the character because we often don’t get to see T’Challa the statesman. But with Wakanda more involved in global security than ever before and a variety of geopolitical hotspots cropping up in Avengers, there’s a rich storytelling landscape to explore with his character.
    Good, Ill have to check that issue out as I was expecting Shenanigans. I hope he doesnt seek peace with Doom. I want vengeance and retribution lol so tired of the noble negro trope that has been seeping in and out the mythos they can keep that in the MCU. Also No interest in talking about the horrid MCU Wakanda movie so this will hold me until August.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think he'd try to spread more of Wakanda's soft power?
    I think so. Through his publication history we’ve seen hints of that happening, whether it be operating urban renewal programs in America, investing in emerging economies, or sharing limited amounts of technology. T’Challa should be smart enough to understand Wakanda has value not just as a world leader in security, but also economics, culture, and overall influence. Plus he’s at his core a utopian-minded person, Wakanda has the means to make the world a genuinely better place so it’d be nice to see him using his resources to deal with stuff like desertification in Africa or political instability at his country’s borders. Lots of story potential in that IMO as you’ll have factions that have different responses to this expansion of Wakandan power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Good, Ill have to check that issue out as I was expecting Shenanigans. I hope he doesnt seek peace with Doom. I want vengeance and retribution lol so tired of the noble negro trope that has been seeping in and out the mythos they can keep that in the MCU. Also No interest in talking about the horrid MCU Wakanda movie so this will hold me until August.
    I keep telling myself not to engage but I always get roped back in lol. Yea it’s a fine issue, looks like he’ll play a secondary role next issue as well which is exciting. I don’t think T’Challa seeks peace with Doom so much as he’s moved on from their conflicts and wants to make it official. And in real time it’s been like a decade since Doomwar, I’m ready to see the next great BP rogue, not return to the tired old well of T’Challa seeking vengeance or fighting other franchises. He’ll never be allowed to kill Doom or Namor or the X-Men, I’d rather leave it alone and build up his own lore and rogues gallery now.

Ultimate Member

I think so. Through his publication history we’ve seen hints of that happening, whether it be operating urban renewal programs in America, investing in emerging economies, or sharing limited amounts of technology. T’Challa should be smart enough to understand Wakanda has value not just as a world leader in security, but also economics, culture, and overall influence. Plus he’s at his core a utopian-minded person, Wakanda has the means to make the world a genuinely better place so it’d be nice to see him using his resources to deal with stuff like desertification in Africa or political instability at his country’s borders. Lots of story potential in that IMO as you’ll have factions that have different responses to this expansion of Wakandan power.
    Yeah, I think that has a lot of good story potential, and would make sense as an evolution of his character. Plus, it might bring in new enemies afraid of Wakanda's growing influence

I keep telling myself not to engage but I always get roped back in lol. Yea it’s a fine issue, looks like he’ll play a secondary role next issue as well which is exciting. I don’t think T’Challa seeks peace with Doom so much as he’s moved on from their conflicts and wants to make it official. And in real time it’s been like a decade since Doomwar, I’m ready to see the next great BP rogue, not return to the tired old well of T’Challa seeking vengeance or fighting other franchises. He’ll never be allowed to kill Doom or Namor or the X-Men, I’d rather leave it alone and build up his own lore and rogues gallery now.
    I'm not exactly sure, but isn't the trope of Black nations being warlike and aggressive a much more prevalent and problematic stereotype in Hollywood? I may be wrong on that

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    One thought I just had (and I know I've been on both sides of the debate)

How are they going to handle the 3rd act fight/battle?

With T'Challa you had an experienced martial artist, years of fights under his belt against some of the biggest threats in the world, etc. Years of knowing how to handle the herb. Part of the reason Killmonger loses imo is that he really wasnt adjusted to all the super speed, quickness, etc. Not adjusted using it and not adjusted fighting people with it.

It'd be quite a leap for Shuri to beat Namor or whoever else pulling strings. She didnt train for that. She wasnt built for that. At least the MCU version.

Also they passed up giving the herb to Shuri in the original cause she wasnt ready for a Killmonger. M'Baku, while a good gesture, probably knew he wasnt worthy of it either. They NEEDED T'Challa because he was the only one with the skill, intelligence and experience to win something like that.

Again I try to see both sides. However, this decision could ultimately undo everything they did in the previous movie if its not handled correctly.
    Well ad we could see in the solo, T'Challa was just an all around superior fighter to Erik in every way shape and form. Even when he was emotionally raw learning the Truth about his father and Erik, he still could of killed Erik twice on the warrior falls duel. Also in the mine fight, watch the YouTube video of that fight with health bars and you will see just how Large the gap in Skill was between the two.

Also your exactly right, Shuri wasn't built to take the mantle. Not yet anyways. It's extremely clear that T'Challa was always the focus and he was going to have a full arc like other heroes. So it makes Feigis words about Wakanda always being the focus even more bullshit because it's obvious that how the Solo ended, T'Challa for atleast a time would be seemingly the last BP until the HSH thread was picked up again.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well ad we could see in the solo, T'Challa was just an all around superior fighter to Erik in every way shape and form. Even when he was emotionally raw learning the Truth about his father and Erik, he still could of killed Erik twice on the warrior falls duel. Also in the mine fight, watch the YouTube video of that fight with health bars and you will see just how Large the gap in Skill was between the two.

Also your exactly right, Shuri wasn't built to take the mantle. Not yet anyways. It's extremely clear that T'Challa was always the focus and he was going to have a full arc like other heroes. So it makes Feigis words about Wakanda always being the focus even more bullshit because it's obvious that how the Solo ended, T'Challa for atleast a time would be seemingly the last BP until the HSH thread was picked up again.
    Oh I know T'Challa could have washed Killmonger early in the tribal battle. However, its still an adjustment to the herb (I would think). What he could have made up for with rage is lost when dealing with someone who that skilled and moving that fast.

*football reference*
    Even someone really talented would have to adjust to the speed of the game at a higher level.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hey everyone,

My copy of the final Coates issue has finally arrived. It probably says something that I'm not overwhelmingly motivated to read it just yet. Personally, even though I've enjoyed his stories and world-building overall, I thought his endings have sucked. I've wondered if the stories read better as a whole. So I'm going to try to do something ambitious and read all of the Coates-era Panther stories (even stuff not written by him). We'll see how this goes and whether I'll regret it (and, since I'm going to be reading World of Wakanda, I'll almost certainly regret it). I'll do my best to write a little review of the story arc and give my honest feedback.

So stay tuned to tomorrow when I give my thoughts on A Nation Under Our Feet.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hey everyone,

My copy of the final Coates issue has finally arrived. It probably says something that I'm not overwhelmingly motivated to read it just yet. Personally, even though I've enjoyed his stories and world-building overall, I thought his endings have sucked. I've wondered if the stories read better as a whole. So I'm going to try to do something ambitious and read all of the Coates-era Panther stories (even stuff not written by him). We'll see how this goes and whether I'll regret it (and, since I'm going to be reading World of Wakanda, I'll almost certainly regret it). I'll do my best to write a little review of the story arc and give my honest feedback.

You needn't worry. With Coates, we're always prepared to be underwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hey everyone,

Good luck.

Stelfreeze's t'challa is so ugly lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Absolutely terrible. Just awful. 100% the worst T'challa I remember.

Looks like the pirate from the tom hanks memes. It is nuts.

Stelfreeze's T'challa is how I think the runt half brother Jakarra looks like in my head lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

My god, Namor's laugh after T'challa's face was just perfect there.

Man, I wish Namor and T'challa were on good terms. That dude is just perfect as a fun sidekick muscle lolol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh btw, IDK what is going on in Heroes Reborn really, but it looks like "our" T'challa and the Avengers are coming back. I think. "Heroes Return"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh btw, IDK what is going on in Heroes Reborn really, but it looks like "our" T'challa and the Avengers are coming back. I think. "Heroes Return"
    To the surprise of absolutely no one. Lol. But I’m interested to see how things play out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I appreciate what stelfreeze was trying to do to show the difference between Royalty and non Royalty.. but yeah, to me it doesn't look good. T'Challa looks old AF and ugly as hell hell Acunas T'Challa was pushing it on the looking too old. So far the best look to me as of recently, has been in RJs KiB