Page 101 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 15079

This is a pretty good week for Redjack stuff. GL: Future State 2 comes out this week as well as KiB: BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Y'all need to carpet bomb the shyt out of Twitter with how good KIB:BP is. Let them know what's up and not this milquetoast nonsense Coates has deluded people into thinking is great literature.
    Already done my part!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Just finished King in Black

Gotta say that KIB was amazing and everything I could have ever wanted in a BP book. Marvel is crazy for not allowing Redjack to deliver this T'Challa every month.

King of Black: Black Panther

The T'Challa and the Wakanda we deserve.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-10-2021 at 10:07 AM.

A five-star rating from comicbook.com

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ki...marvel-comics/

Well done, Mr. Thorne. Well done indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:

It was okay. The pieces were all there, but after the opening battle, there were twelve pages of repeated conversations that pulled me out of the story. By the time the second battle came I had lost interest.

Checking the page count, looks like there are about 10 more pages than the average Marvel book. Cut out those extra and the book would be close to perfect

My story nitpicks are...
    [spoiler]Storm and Shuri had a big falling out in X of Swords Wakanda. Tchalla as well, but him thinking about her isn't a stretch. As far as I know, that hasn't been resolved. Why is Shuri concerned about her at this point?

Okoye was as worried about the energy prowler being revealed as Shuri was about Storm taking the sword without Tchallas' permission. She didn't want the world to know. Was that because it could be easlily be smuggled into other countries for use?

Why use Klaws sonic cannon? Especially if he has to modify it anyway. lol
    end of spoilers
    I dont think anyone cares about sword of x, hence why ignored

It ignored prior canon and thus got equal treatment lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Also, there was something a certain character(no spoilers) said towards the end of the issue that corrects what a main studio executive stated about the Black Panther franchise.

Thank you Redjack

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I dont think anyone cares about sword of x, hence why ignored

It ignored prior canon and thus got equal treatment lol
    Ignore the history certainly, but don't ignore the outcome, we need that to keep the franchise healthy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Ignore the history certainly, but don't ignore the outcome, we need that to keep the franchise healthy. lol
    That's not what I was asked to do. I was asked to write a KiB tie-in, not an X of Swords tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    interesting question...

heh heh

hah HA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    That's not what I was asked to do. I was asked to write a KiB tie-in, not an X of Swords tie-in.
    X of Swords decided to tie-in to Wakanda history. I'd say fair is fair if Storm is to be pictured in a Black Panther book.

Astonishing Member

X of Swords is only relevant insofar as it resulted in Storm and T’Challa breaking up. Everything else it did in terms of retconning Wakandan lore and fraying mutant/T’Challa relations is irrelevant and should be treated as such. The sooner people accept Marauders #13 was an editorial mandate with very little bearing on how these characters are supposed to relate in the future the sooner they will accept no other books are under any obligation to reference that **** book.

This KIB tie-in was everything a BP solo issue should be and then some, that it failed to reference a several month old book with little narrative worth doesn’t detract from that. If anything trying to contextualize how this issue ties to previous stories takes away from what is supposed to be a highly accessible story, all you need to know is monsters are invading and T’Challa has a lover. The nature of the threat and the struggles he’s had with that lover are completely irrelevant. Hopefully future BP writers discard XOS and don’t let it impede their story directions.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    X of Swords is only relevant insofar as it resulted in Storm and T’Challa breaking up. Everything else it did in terms of retconning Wakandan lore and fraying mutant/T’Challa relations is irrelevant and should be treated as such. The sooner people accept Marauders #13 was an editorial mandate with very little bearing on how these characters are supposed to relate in the future the sooner they will accept no other books are under any obligation to reference that **** book.

This KIB tie-in was everything a BP solo issue should be and then some, that it failed to reference a several month old book with little narrative worth doesn’t detract from that. If anything trying to contextualize how this issue ties to previous stories takes away from what is supposed to be a highly accessible story, all you need to know is monsters are invading and T’Challa has a lover. The nature of the threat and the struggles he’s had with that lover are completely irrelevant. Hopefully future BP writers discard XOS and don’t let it impede their story directions.
    If the first bold is true than the second should be "had a lover". If the story is to be accessible the wouldn't it be easier to not have her appear or mentioned?

Because if first time readers see Storm than backtracks to X of Swords, they'll be mighty confused. lol

If its me, if a book is really good, Im going to research to see if there is more content.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-10-2021 at 12:17 PM.