Page 105 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    All Feige said pretty much amounts to "T'Challa is not the only person in Wakanda who can be focused on".
    So unless the book killed off every other important character in Wakanda it in no way challenged what he said
    Basically contradicting the comic lore where T'Challa was the focal point of the comic for decades and is the reason why Wakanda is what it is.

You can focus on other characters but to come here and say the comics were not about T'Challa but Wakanda and say that anyone can lead the franchise itself is not true. I wasn't until recently that they decided to expand on the Wakandan lore after Coates was hired to write the BP solo.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-11-2021 at 05:09 AM.

BANNED

It's funny, I didnt say that, and frankly looking at Feige's comments neither did he.
    Just seems like people here wanna take everything the worst way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's funny, I didnt say that, and frankly looking at Feige's comments neither did he.
    Just seems like people here wanna take everything the worst way they can.
    My problem is then why don't they do another movie showcasing those characters or can marvel only helm one black franchise at a time while having dozens of white ones. Imo tchalla can be recast but then I don't really get connected to actors as they are people I'd don't know. It just feels like they are setting bp to be the place for black people like they do in a lot of their comics instead of sharing the wealth. If you want to do a shuri movie do a shuri movie that isn't bp. But that's my 2 cents.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Very little of that was actually coherent.

Very little at marvel is, so good company. Basically you can have wanda vision, thor, captain marvel, spider man, iron man, but you can only have one black franchise in a world that should be full of black people etc. But if your not white you only get one franchise. Shang Chi, Black Panther. If you don't want to recast Tchalla, then give shuri a franchise or create another group of black heroes who branch out of wakanda and form a super team, something And the recast thing doesn't hold water when your doing a spider man movie with all the spidermen in it and none of them look alike. Or i don't know how about black people from around the world wanting to make change. Surely white people aren't the only people who want to get together and save something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That simple quote...

spoilers:
    The Black Panther is Wakanda
    end of spoilers

Mr. Redjack just validated my whole fandom!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Man, F the MCU right now.

Let's just celebrate actually having a comic that isn't a POS for at least 24 hours or something lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My problem is then why don't they do another movie showcasing those characters or can marvel only helm one black franchise at a time while having dozens of white ones. Imo tchalla can be recast but then I don't really get connected to actors as they are people I'd don't know. It just feels like they are setting bp to be the place for black people like they do in a lot of their comics instead of sharing the wealth. If you want to do a shuri movie do a shuri movie that isn't bp. But that's my 2 cents.
    It's a zero-sum game way of approaching equality. The idea that that there's only so much room at the table, and we can only have one group represented at a time. The people who own the table make the rest of us play musical chairs instead of us demanding that they make the table bigger, so that everyone feels included. The reactionaries feel like they're losing something too when they actually aren't, but they're so caught up in their feelings they don't stop to ask themselves why.

This idea perpetuates the endless waltz that is the culture war. It really doesn't have to be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It's a zero-sum game way of approaching equality. The idea that that there's only so much room at the table, and we can only have one group represented at a time. The people who own the table make the rest of us play musical chairs instead of us demanding that they make the table bigger, so that everyone feels included. The reactionaries feel like they're losing something too when they actually aren't, but they're so caught up in their feelings they don't stop to ask themselves why.

This idea perpetuates the endless waltz that is the culture war. It really doesn't have to be like this.
    Exactly. I feel no gratitude towards marvel for the BP movie, we were owed that movie and a lot more if i'm being real. But then we do have to create our own content more which is something i'm getting into myself. Which is why there has been less fanart from me, i just can't be passionate for a company that in 2021 seems to still be going backwards. I honestly feel like these people go climb the capital wall and then get to feel like heroes in their favorite marvel books. There is no reason 99% of all marvel promotional material is all white all the time. And i love my white brothers and sisters but like come on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, F the MCU right now.

Let's just celebrate actually having a comic that isn't a POS for at least 24 hours or something lol.

That's all I want to talk about. Not storm. Not the MCU. Not the trolls that are popping into this topic to tell us about a franchise that they never cared to learn about or support. Just this awesome issue and maybe Marvels gross misconduct in not giving Thorne control. They deserve a class action lawsuit lol
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-11-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Blade movie announced their director last week, Rodey has Amor Wars for Dinsey+, Luke Cage had a good thing going until Netflix pulled everything, Moon Girls' cartoon cast just got announced, Shuri has another novel coming out.

Looks like they're doing what you're asking them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Blade movie announced their director last week, Rodey has Amor Wars for Dinsey+, Luke Cage had a good thing going until Netflix pulled everything, Moon Girls' cartoon cast just got announced, Shuri has another novel coming out.

Looks like they're doing what you're asking them to.
    I think he's asking them not to remove the first mainstream and most financially successful minority pop culture icon ever from his own franchise.

This is a black panther topic after all

You know, if Coates issues actually do come out ever again

It is going to be really funny to see T'challa struggle at all against Symbiote Killmonger lol

If Coates actually has them fight, ever. Considering he didn't even get to fight the space version. Because you don't want a confrontation between the main hero and villain of your arc to happen ya know? That be silly....

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Not by legit fans of the character.
    This book legit changed my mind about recasting Tchalla..
    So if you like Coates BP that means you're not a legit fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I think he's asking them not to remove the first mainstream and most financially successful minority pop culture icon ever from his own franchise.

This is a black panther topic after all
    The quote says "only helm one black franchise at a time". Unless the Marvel universe in like Star Wars and all the black people live in Cloud City?