Page 106 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The quote says "only helm one black franchise at a time". Unless the Marvel universe in like Star Wars and all the black people live in Cloud City?
    He is actually right in the sense that it makes no sense to me why they can't recast tchalla when you can do a spiderman movie with 15 spidermen in the multiverse. And what i mean is it feels like they are trying to make wakanda the hub for black people in marvel just like in comics they tried to make BP the hub where all black people go as though all of our tastes are the same or that it's easier to isolate us in one place so you can say "if you want black content, why not go there." I'm sure it ccould have been explained better but i just don't have the energy and if i really went into how i feel i'm pretty sure it's not going to come out the nicest way.

There is too much story left to tell with tchalla for him to just be gone. And those other shows are nice first im hearing of them aside from Devil dinosaur, proably the lack of promotion like the white counterpart shows get as i don't do twitter or facebook or go searching for comic or movie news, i just see what i find here. Though i do have an instagram but i don't go there either. . They can produce dozens, dozens, of white material with no problem at the same time but when you get to the black material we have to wait 84 years, there aren't enough actors to do a role justice, there is always some excuse.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-11-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Very little at marvel is, so good company. Basically you can have wanda vision, thor, captain marvel, spider man, iron man, but you can only have one black franchise in a world that should be full of black people etc. But if your not white you only get one franchise. Shang Chi, Black Panther. If you don't want to recast Tchalla, then give shuri a franchise or create another group of black heroes who branch out of wakanda and form a super team, something And the recast thing doesn't hold water when your doing a spider man movie with all the spidermen in it and none of them look alike. Or i don't know how about black people from around the world wanting to make change. Surely white people aren't the only people who want to get together and save something.
    Again not coherent at all, nothing you're saying makes any sense, nor is it based in reality at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I think he's asking them not to remove the first mainstream and most financially successful minority pop culture icon ever from his own franchise.

This is a black panther topic after all
    T'Challa's not getting removed from his franchise, his actor quite unfortunately died and they don't want to recast him.
    Are you just blind to the fact there's more going on here rather than your imagined scenario of them kicking out T'Challa and calling him worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Again not coherent at all, nothing you're saying makes any sense, nor is it based in reality at all.

T'Challa's not getting removed from his franchise, his actor quite unfortunately died and they don't want to recast him.
    Are you just blind to the fact there's more going on here rather than your imagined scenario of them kicking out T'Challa and calling him worthless?
    Maybe not your reality. So i do have to say you must be one of the privileged ones. Congrats.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That simple quote...

spoilers:
    The Black Panther is Wakanda
    end of spoilers

Mr. Redjack just validated my whole fandom!
    Damn straight brother!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Very little at marvel is, so good company. Basically you can have wanda vision, thor, captain marvel, spider man, iron man, but you can only have one black franchise in a world that should be full of black people etc. But if your not white you only get one franchise. Shang Chi, Black Panther. If you don't want to recast Tchalla, then give shuri a franchise or create another group of black heroes who branch out of wakanda and form a super team, something And the recast thing doesn't hold water when your doing a spider man movie with all the spidermen in it and none of them look alike. Or i don't know how about black people from around the world wanting to make change. Surely white people aren't the only people who want to get together and save something.
    Unless its a misdirection, Tom Holland recently confirmed that Toby and Garfield will not be in SM3.

Coogler recently signed a five year contract to develop Wakanda inspired TV shows for Disney+. So what you want is happening.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-11-2021 at 07:48 AM.

BANNED

Maybe not your reality. So i do have to say you must be one of the privileged ones. Congrats.
    No not this reality.
    If you paid attention to any Marvel announcements you'd see they'd been announcing and producing stuff that star black people that have nothing to do with Wakanda or Black Panther, but here you're trying tell me they're allowing only one black franchise to exist when that's so blatantly untrue.
    And then you talk about not recasting T'Challa and bring up Spider-Man like it's the same situation, when it's not, they're not recasting T'Challa because his actor passed away, not because they're rebooting the series.
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 02-11-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Ekie made a thread for those who want to talk about the actual issue and use spoilers without tags too btw
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No not this reality.
    If you paid attention to any Marvel announcements you'd see they'd been announcing and producing stuff that star black people that have nothing to do with Wakanda or Black Panther, but here you're trying tell me they're allowing only one black franchise to exist when that's so blatantly untrue.
    And then you talk about not recasting T'Challa and bring up Spider-Man like it's the same situation, when it's not, they're not recasting T'Challa because his actor passed away, not because they're rebooting the series.
    I look forward to all this supposed black material that is on the way touching the entire mu and not being isolated. Let's see how Blade connects in the tapestry and how what was the other one, so there is blade and... whatever this wakanda movie is. and i look forward to them having the impact on the marvel universe the way all their white counterpart movies did. i mean maybe blade will replace tchalla on the avengers since he isn't being recasted. LOL

And list of upcoming marvel stuff.

2.1 Black Widow (2021)
    2.2 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
    2.3 Eternals (2021)
    2.4 Untitled Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel (2021)
    2.5 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
    2.6 Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
    2.7 Black Panther II (2022)
    2.8 Captain Marvel 2 (2022)
    2.9 Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2022)
    2.10 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)
    2.11 Fantastic Four

3 Television series

3.1 WandaVision (2021)
    3.2 The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    3.3 Loki season 1
    3.4 What If...? season 1
    3.5 Ms. Marvel
    3.6 Hawkeye
    3.7 Moon Knight
    3.8 She-Hulk
    3.9 The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
    3.10 Secret Invasion
    3.11 Ironheart
    3.12 Armor Wars
    3.13 Untitled Wakanda series

I guess every 5 years they add one new black character but they have to subtract to add for some reason.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-11-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Now you're not even trying to make an argument you're just acting petty, of course you've been doing that this entire time just now you aren't even pretending to have a point anymore

Now you're not even trying to make an argument you're just acting petty, of course you've been doing that this entire time just now you aren't even pretending to have a point anymore
    My argument was never real to you if you said i was living in an alternate reality as though there was no basis for what you were pretending was incoherent. Your reaction to seeing the real list tells me all i need to know. That is what marvel is presenting as their upcoming slate.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

And point proven.
    I don't know what I should've expected about half this site comes from the obnoxious side of Tumblr

Ultimate Member

"T'Challa is not the only person in Wakanda who can be focused on".
    Aside from Shuri and N'Kano (Fantastic Force) no one was trying to expand Black Panther to showcase Wakanda.
    On the comics side Wakanda has been about ONE PERSON. Keyword ONE PERSON. Black Panther.
    Shuri, Wakanda Forever, Killmonger, Wakanda Agents and Fantastic Force were the REAL efforts. As was Kenzi in Ms Marvel.
    Crew and WOW were NOT. Both were just using Panther's name.

Now we have Wakanda be Black Panther for 60+ years in comics. Now all the sudden folks want to say it's not.
    60+ years of comics say other wise.

Shuri has pretty much now be built as her own person in comics. Where is everybody else? Marvel puts out trade and material for whoever is in these movies. Even Monica got a trade. So where is the material for everyone else in Wakanda?

Because what good is a Wakanda series when there is no books or comics to piggyback on it? 60 years say Wakanda is Black Panther.

Also the point Jwatson is making is how does all this black content announced interacts with all of Marvel.

Take Black Lightning show-every other show got an episode devoted to that Crisis crossover except BL.
    Star Trek DS9-The USS Enterprise was never mentioned during that war. Yet is the flagship of the federation. It wasn't even seen in the final battle.
    How many events have we seen NOT include Wakanda?
    How many events have told us what some RANDOM character is doing but excludes us? Or we don't do anything in it except be background fodder.

Now to be fair.

Ironheart, Moon Girl, War Machine and Blade would have still happened if Boseman was still alive. His death didn't stop progress everywhere.

I don't see how your point is proven by providing you with factual information from marvel rather than living in a world of speculation and non concrete announcements such as yourself. I didn't see a whole presentation like i did for the slate of upcoming white movies. Personally i think the problem is some people just want to be listened to but never actually want to listen and reflect on what is being said.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

My argument was never real to you if you said i was living in an alternate reality as though there was no basis for what you were pretending was incoherent. Your reaction to seeing the real list tells me all i need to know. That is what marvel is presenting as their upcoming slate.
    But your argument was they could only do one at a time. And we've shown that that wasn't true(baring problems with Covid). Even with confronted with the evidence you called the projects 'supposed' as if we made it up. And admitted you're not on social media so your ability to hear about this information is limited and the basis for your argument was incomplete. Yet you were able to put together that list so quickly.

I will throw out a reminder that you guys are not the only type of Black Panther fans because it is an appreciation thread is the only reason I don't say something in here. The viewpoints that seem to be a consensus here isn't shared by every fan here. I don't mind Coates, I don't need T'challa to be Marvel Batgod( but it is fun when it happens), I don't mind Shuri being smarter, I am fine with Marvel not recasting, I view the Black Panther as a mantle(especial since they have given us a history of wearers now). Finally the most blasphemous one "Wakanda is the franchise now".

Anyways the point is I don't feel the same as some of you but do I love T'challa, I understand what not recasting might mean in the big picture. I was looking forward to Black Panther being the centerpiece of the MCU and Black Panther growing into a household name like Spiderman and Batman. I want T'challa Black Panther comics to get priority like Spiderman does at Marvel. I pick up BP books like you guy, I pick BP mech like you guys, I had chills running down my spine when I saw kids reacting to the Black Panther poster and they get to grow up always seeing a superhero that looks like them.

But I don't view everything through the lens of T'challa, I understand why you guys feel that way but some of us don't, and just want to remind you that if you get out of this echo chamber. You are going to run into Black Panther fans who love Coates run, Black Panther fans who love T'challa but who aren't dying inside if another person is wearing the mantle, etc.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-11-2021 at 08:19 AM.