Page 107 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 15079

I'll say this. Anyone is welcome in this thread, nobody owns it. We have opinions. We agree or we disagree. Anyone who feels that hey can't post in the thread, well that's your decision. If you feel harassed, that's what the mods are for. If you like a particular BP writer, that's great, if you don't equally swell.

Just remember, your opinion ain't fact, don't level personal attacks on posters or creators and this ain't a pissing contest.

I wonder if we can get another animated Avengers or BP show.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I’m still waiting on a AAA Black Panther video game.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Hopefully, the What if show does good and that leads to Avengers cartoon, Marvel needs to beef up their animation game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will throw out a reminder that you guys are not the only type of Black Panther fans because it is an appreciation thread is the only reason I don't say something in here. The viewpoints that seem to be a consensus here isn't shared by every fan here. I don't mind Coates, I don't need T'challa to be Marvel Batgod( but it is fun when it happens), I don't mind Shuri being smarter, I am fine with Marvel not recasting, I view the Black Panther as a mantle(especial since they have given us a history of wearers now). Finally the most blasphemous one "Wakanda is the franchise now".

Anyways the point is I don't feel the same as some of you but do I love T'challa, I understand what not recasting might mean in the big picture. I was looking forward to Black Panther being the centerpiece of the MCU and Black Panther growing into a household name like Spiderman and Batman. I want T'challa Black Panther comics to get priority like Spiderman does at Marvel. I pick up BP books like you guy, I pick BP mech like you guys, I had chills running down my spine when I saw kids reacting to the Black Panther poster and they get to grow up always seeing a superhero that looks like them.

But I don't view everything through the lens of T'challa, I understand why you guys feel that way but some of us don't, and just want to remind you that if you get out of this echo chamber. You are going to run into Black Panther fans who love Coates run, Black Panther fans who love T'challa but who aren't dying inside if another person is wearing the mantle, etc.
    That is all fair.

counterpoint though: Some of y'all "wakanda is the franchise now" types basically go "get over it" in your responses to everything. Or even worse, "support it anyway even if you don't like it because black"

Both sides are low key being stupid right now. No one is going to change their minds until new information comes out one way or another. Continually repeating stuff back and forth, especially when a new issue came out that could be discussed instead, is just kinda dumb.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I thought y'all would be gushing over Redjack's work at least the rest of the week

but we straight back to it lol
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I thought y'all would be gushing over Redjack's work at least the rest of the week

Lol, you can't please everyone tbh.

This issue actually gave me a glimmer of hope of what T'Chlla would have been.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    All Feige said pretty much amounts to "T'Challa is not the only person in Wakanda who can be focused on".
    So unless the book killed off every other important character in Wakanda it in no way challenged what he said
    I'm not getting into this argument again because it's tiring but the villainization of Feige is getting a bit weird. And he's not even the only one saying this. Other people from the cast have given their piece and said the exact same thing. I didn't want to bring this up because everyone here was happy and talking about the King in Black issue but Daniel Kaluuya recently affirmed Marvel's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kaluuya
    "They retired him from the franchise. I respect that position, and I think that is out of respect for what that man gave to all of us, and what he stayed alive for all of us to experience," he says. "Quietly suffering and continuing to give through that suffering is a side of humanity you just don't see often. For me, what's important to me is not the Black Panther legacy, it's the legacy of Chadwick Boseman, because that's a human being and a spirit that is real. How can we honor that? Black Panther is going to do what Black Panther does, but that's a man that lived for us. He did it for us, did it for our nephews, our nieces, our kids. It's our duty to honor that man the way he honored us."
    It's quite obvious that to everyone involved in the film, honouring Chadwick means retiring his iteration of the character (for now) and not moving on with another actor like nothing happened. It means not trying to gloss over the finality of his life. And who are we to judge? They knew him better than we did. He was their friend. Their feelings will be different. They would be stronger than ours. And I think we have to accept that is the choice they've made. Making them sound like they're bad people for making a hard choice that surely was emotional for them isn't right. I don't think they wanted to hurt anyone and I doubt they would be happy knowing some of us aren't happy. But they also have to think for themselves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm not getting into this argument again because it's tiring but the villainization of Feige is getting a bit weird. And he's not even the only one saying this. Other people from the cast have given their piece and said the exact same thing. I didn't want to bring this up because everyone here was happy and talking about the King in Black issue but Daniel Kaluuya recently affirmed Marvel's decision.

It's quite obvious that to everyone involved in the film, honouring Chadwick means retiring his iteration of the character (for now) and not moving on with another actor like nothing happened. It means not trying to gloss over the finality of his life. And who are we to judge? They knew him better than we did. He was their friend. Their feelings will be different. They would be stronger than ours. And I think we have to accept that is the choice they've made. Making them sound like they're bad people for making a hard choice that surely was emotional for them isn't right. I don't think they wanted to hurt anyone and I doubt they would be happy knowing some of us aren't happy. But they also have to think for themselves too.
    Which is why I think they should have pushed everything back to give everyone time to grieve and breath a little.

Even his line about "nephews, nieces, kids" points to how important that character was to those people... and to honor Chadwick, they are abandoning that. Which is kinda odd.

But, the actors are "in the forest" so to speak with this. While us, the fans, are seeing everything from a farther away perspective and don't have to deal with any of the personal emotional stuff.

I will add though... these people work for a company and are doing a job. Did anyone speak out about recasting or not before Disney did? It generally isn't a good business decision to go against the Mouse lol. Just sayin. Nothing is pure in this world.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ion-(spoilers)

too many people in this thread have PTSD and can't enjoy anything lol. And too many others just wanna poke the beehive so they can argue.

Astonishing Member

I’m not gonna sour on or think about the MCU because as far as I’m concerned the content we’re gonna get from the comics will always be the most pure and quality. Whether this gets adapted or not and how it reminds me of what we lost in Boseman (and T’Challa) isn’t at the forefront of my mind.

Redjack perfectly distilled everything I like about the character of T’Challa and the world of Wakanda in a single issue. I’m appreciative that in a time where IMO Coates is shitting the bed in the solo and Marvel seems to forget what Black Panther is about, we have dedicated creators like him and Jason Aaron keeping true to what made the franchise great long before Disney and the MCU got involved. That’s what’ll hold me over as a fan even if we don’t get a T’Challa for 20 years, even if I always will think it is a reactionary and problematic decision. Hopefully sales reflect the resounding success of this issue and the comparatively atrocious sales of the Coates run convince Marvel to let a real comic writer handle T’Challa, as at the end of the day he’s the core of the franchise whether old/new fans want to admit it or not.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-11-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Redjack perfectly distilled everything I like about the character of T’Challa and the world of Wakanda in a single issue.
    He really did though. It is like a perfect introduction to the character.

Everything was on display. Even managed to mix in Storm just enough to know she is "part" of the mythos without being a distraction or dominating.

Even mixed in MCU stuff (shield, General Okoye) without it being a distraction or dumb. Actually explained the shield stuff too instead of just handwaving that it didn't work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Some of y'all "wakanda is the franchise now" types.
    Black Panther T'challa is the anchor tho, There is no counterpoint needed.

I didn't tell you or anyone to get over it in my post. I know this is T'challa thread, I know what hardcore fans look like, I know what generally temperature on certain topics are in here. Me personally I let yall have your fun because we generally want the same thing. But at times people need to remind they are other points of view that is all. Just because in here leans in a direction doesn't mean that is the only way.

Now back to gushing about the KIB issue
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-11-2021 at 09:16 AM.

I didn't tell you or anyone to get over it in my post.
    Oh. i wasn't accusing you in particular.

Now back to gushing about the KIB issue

Did anyone else notice a difference getting ready to read this?

aka anticipation and hope instead of dread lol?

Hopefully, the What if show does good and that leads to Avengers cartoon, Marvel needs to beef up their animation game.
    Hopefully it won't lead to an MCU Avengers cartoon...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He really did though. It is like a perfect introduction to the character.

Everything was on display. Even managed to mix in Storm just enough to know she is "part" of the mythos without being a distraction or dominating.

Even mixed in MCU stuff (shield, General Okoye) without it being a distraction or dumb. Actually explained the shield stuff too instead of just handwaving that it didn't work lol.
    Yup, and it’s more about more than just respecting the character. It’s just good writing with the kind of emotionality that makes you care. Here Storm actually works as she represents that struggle between personal desire and royal duty. T’Challa is self-sacrificial to a fault, as a king should be. There’s an undercurrent of tragedy to this issue, that he can never put himself above others but he bears that cross with unbound confidence and effectiveness. Discarding his love for Ororo and putting his sister in the line of fire are things he just has to do and he does them well.

His plan to use the shield as an amplifier embodies what I think will always distinguish T’Challa from his peers as far as how he is in the field. That sense of ingenuity in the midst of chaos makes him one of the most clutch characters in comics and it works really well to build tension. That’s where the supporting cast and MCU elements really shine. Okoye is a dutiful general but she knows her place in the hierarchy (as Shuri’s quick to remind her lol) and Shuri’s evolution into a technomage is great to see. Everything felt integrated and true to the characters we’ve seen from the inception of the character to the MCU connections.