Page 12 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was Marvel Action Black Panther but from what I heard that got turned into a Shuri comic guest-starring T'Challa.
    Yeah pretty much. Shuri was THE tech genius and T'Challa couldn't beat a regular mine worker without his habit. And then they wonder why this spin off fail so hard

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't think they do one shots. They minis and ongoings.

Unless you mean digital. If so try ordering it on comicxology.
    Thanks.

Yeah I just went through comixology and did the preorder cuz I want BP to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    I think T’Challa needs a couple of non-canonical titles to explore the main concept without worrying about tying into an overarching universe wide event. Bring in some experienced and/or passionate sci-fi storytellers to fully illustrate what the ‘uninterrupted progression of black excellence’ looks like in the Marvel Universe.

I definitely will check out Mr. Thorne's issue though.
    Oh trust, 99% of Coates stuff is going to end up noncanonical! I somehow don't Marvel has paid any attention to what he did on the book, hence all the liberties taken by other writers on other books that had Black Panther in it

Last edited by KingNomarch; 01-08-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Pushed all the way back to February just for a Black History Month release?

A throwback jersey to happier times...

Get Hectic!

Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Pushed all the way back to February just for a Black History Month release?
    The book was performing so poorly that maybe Marvel felt they had to pull every marketing gimmick possible to earn some money off these last issues. Between Black History Month, the renewed attention on T'Challa due to the death of his actor, and the hype around this run ending early next year, I think Marvel hopes to get a higher profit than they would've gotten had they finished the book in 2020.

Either way, I'm far more concerned that Marvel tries to follow up this run with a Vita Ayala or Nnedi Okorafor. But since they've been putting guys like Jim Zub and Redjack on spin-offs recently maybe that's not as likely as I initially thought. I'd put it at around 50/50 that we get a continuation of the Coates direction. Hopefully the next artist is on the same level as Acuna because I'm certain that the 2018 relaunch would've done even worse if they put some C-lister on the title.

It is what it is...

Burbank, California.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

I mean...

Patty Jenkins: "So I'm suggesting instead of actually having T'challa literally there just have his spirit inhabit somebody's body and then pick up the action right there... So whadya think."

Mickey just stared, slack jawed and flabbergasted for a brief moment.

Mickey: "Uhm Patty when we ended the first movie he was kissing Nakia which implied some form of imminent intimacy."

Patty Jenkins: "Even better because now there is more mystery to their relationship and also intrigue."

Mickey: "But using someone else's body isn't that a violation of..."

Just then the phone buzzes...

Bugs Bunny: "What's up Doc. Did Patty make it over there?"

Mickey: "Yeah, she's here right now hold on... Patty could you wait outside while I speak to Bugs, thanks."

Patty Jenkins: "Sure, tell him I said hi."

Patty walks out...

Mickey: "DUDE, are you Trolling me?"

Chewing on a carrot...

Bugs Bunny: "Why what's wrong?"

Mickey: "I'm willing to look past the Amber Heard for Letitia Wright trade and even the Ray Fisher for Chris Pratt trade which is still pending although I still think it should have been Brie Larson but I digress... But Patty Jenkins is tripping over here if she thinks instead of recasting Black Panther we have him literally inhabit another characters body."

Bugs Bunny: "Patty Jenkins is part of the James Gunn director for director deal we made way back when... Listen, you know all these people in Hollywierd is out there on some cray cray stuff it's the nature of the business."

Mickey: "I hear you but we are not just talking about Cancel Culture or some random questionable tweets our actor passed away... Think about the optics."

Chews on carrot some more...

Bugs Bunny: "Okay, I'll tell you what... I'll loan you Christopher Nolan free of charge and let him tweak the script and troubleshoot whatever issues Patty might create how's that sound."

Mickey: "Throw in Hans Zimmer on some remix soundtrack tip and..."

Bugs Bunny: "I'm going to have to see some Ludwig Gorranson music on my end to make that work."

Mickey: "Fair enough... But at some point we are going to have to talk Gal Godot and maybe Henry Cavill in something over here. I got Chris Evans sitting around here on the trading block ready for you."

Bugs Bunny: "N!&&@ you already scooped up Christioan Bale behind my back but I forgive you though."

Mickey: "HA my bad I thought you were done with him... You need Downey Jr over there just holla I gotchoo playa."

Bugs Bunny: "This Game of Thrones thing we got on the low may one day come back and bite us in the @$$!"

Mickey: "That's only if you snitch beyotch."

Bugs Bunny: "We just be gettin that paper... BTW Lola Bunny wants to know where you got that perfume for Minnie."

Mickey: "Are you sure you can afford that with all those box office bombs hehe."

Bugs Bunny: "I'm spending that Aquaman and Joker money all day every day."

Mickey: "Speaking of Aquaman..."

Bugs Bunny: "Hell to the naw you aint touching Jason Mamoa."

Mickey: "I'm thinking about hacking his social media accounts and making him another problem for you."

Bugs Bunny: "You so crazy I almost wish you would just for the laughs... So are we still on for golf this weekend."

Mickey: "Yes, but let me solve this Black Panther problem with Patty and get her off this Invasion of The Body Snatchers thang."

Bugs Bunny: "Just be careful you don't want that Metoo crowd coming after you... Peace!"

Mickey: "Wakanda Forever N!&&@ out!"

Epilogue:

Ryan Coogler: "You replaced me with a white woman!"

2021 is going to be great year I can smell it!
    Last edited by FLEX HECTIC; 01-08-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Get Hectic!

Lol Bugs is cold blooded.

So that makes two top black characters that Hollywood has decided to retire instead of recast.

@Ekie I'm just letting peeps know how things work behind the scenes out here in Hollywierd...

I'm just a fly on the wall of life dry snitching to the fullest!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Lol Bugs is cold blooded.

So that makes two top black characters that Hollywood has decided to retire instead of recast.
    ??? Who's the second?

Like the article says, take with a gran of salt. But if true...

*It was Coogler's idea not to recast, and Feige was the one who wanted to recast, but honored Coogler as not to lose him as director. Sounds like Coogler made "no recast or I walk" a condition.
    *No Shuri (and no M'Baku) as Black Panther
    *Instead a brand new character will be BP and the king of Wakanda, personally created Coogler himself.
    *The part that I'm having trouble with: the movie will be a three way fight between Wakanda, Latveria, and Atlantis. With Atlantis retooled as being the underwater home of the Deviants, tying into Eternals.
    *Oops, scratch that, make that three way fight between Wakanda, Latveria, and Lemuria which will apparently be Atlantis in all but name. Gotta avoid those comparisons to Aquaman somehow.

My biggest fear with BP2, even when the great Chadwick Boseman was still alive, was that despite the first one making history, the sequel would be relegated to being a stepping stone for everyone else's properties going forward and maybe somewhere in the midst of all that tell some semblance of its own story. Didn't someone in the last thread joke why not have Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel show up, too?

Not sure how I feel about this, again, if true. The coming months will reveal fact from fiction as to what will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Like the article says, take with a gran of salt. But if true...

*It was Coogler's idea not to recast, and Feige was the one who wanted to recast, but honored Coogler as not to lose him as director. Sounds like Coogler made "no recast or I walk" a condition.
    *No Shuri (and no M'Baku) as Black Panther
    *Instead a brand new character will be BP and the king of Wakanda, personally created Coogler himself.
    *The part that I'm having trouble with: the movie will be a three way fight between Wakanda, Latveria, and Atlantis. With Atlantis retooled as being the underwater home of the Deviants, tying into Eternals.
    *Oops, scratch that, make that three way fight between Wakanda, Latveria, and Lemuria which will apparently be Atlantis in all but name. Gotta avoid those comparisons to Aquaman somehow.

My biggest fear with BP2, even when the great Chadwick Boseman was still alive, was that despite the first one making history, the sequel would be relegated to being a stepping stone for everyone else's properties going forward and maybe somewhere in the midst of all that tell some semblance of its own story. Didn't someone in the last thread joke why not have Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel show up, too?

Not sure how I feel about this, again, if true. The coming months will reveal fact from fiction as to what will actually happen.

If true, the movie franchise is dead to me. Well, it was dead before but this will be in the nail in the coffin if true.

60+ Years of comic presence amounting to obscurity in the MCU.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 01-09-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Obviously I'ma take this with a grain of salt. But IF this was true? Then why the fuck even continue? If they are going to go so far off that they would create a brand new character all together.

I mean it's not even BP anymore. It would of made more sense to have the sequel just be a in between story focusing on the events between BP 1 and IW. Let time pass so T'Challa can continue. IF this was true then it would be just as bad as the other options. Any ole person can have the mantle and it's just fine. T'Challas. Story. Should. Be. Allowed. To. Be. Finished. Like, why do go through so much gymnastics?

I don't need some new character with a "broken but unique background" I an SO SICK of broken Black characters. What is wrong with T'Challa? A good man with a good heart who cares about humanity? A genius, warrior, Super hero, King? I want to see T'CHALLA lead the franchise
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-09-2021 at 09:38 AM.