Page 125 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    just one more for now.

I've got the back-up story in PLANET OF THE SYMBIOTES #2, relaunching Hobie Brown as HORNET. there's some preview pages up out there somewhere.

quiet as it's kept, I'm hoping for big things with Hobie.
    Thanks mate!

I’ll probably ask you the same on the distinguished competition forum as well.

I think he'd be Coates 2.0

So, if people like Coates, they'd be happy with McGruder. If they don't?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Really? My only exposure to him was boondocks and a little bit of Black Jesus. I think he would have the funniest run, but I don't think he would make T'Challa bland. Never saw him as a prose type, abd his treatment of his characters in boondocks was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think he would do a bang up job on BP. He plots pretty good and knows how to tell the character's story. I'm reading his Miles and I've read his Black Bolt. He's good.
    Yeah like I said maybe I am being too hard on him, seems a few of y'all vouch for his work and I trust you guys, maybe I was overthinking the BP interaction, probably due to how Coates handled T'Challa I am very cautious whenever anyone features him.

I think he'd be Coates 2.0

So, if people like Coates, they'd be happy with McGruder. If they don't?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Your more than likely right & no thanks even doe I love Boondocks hopefully Cesar is on the reboot/new version coming

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I Know it's his story, and so I don't expect him to get chumped. I just don't like when writer's attribute T'Challa winning a fight because he holds some kind of advantage over his opponent and if it were a level playing field, T'Challa would lose. Especially since that's T'Challas whole deal. Evening the playing field so that he outfights then in his element. Just makes it more the gear/ enhancements abd less about the man. Which again maybe I am being told hard on him
    Can’t be better said hate stuff like that

Like the old saying goes:

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!"

So let’s say a AAA Black Panther video game is green lit, what should the story be like? And who should be the villains featured? If I were in charge, I’d definitely make Klaw the main villain so that T’Challa can finally pay him back for killing T’Chaka all those years ago. Some other villains I’d have in the game as bosses would be a revamped Baron Macabre with full on Necromancy powers, Solomon Prey, Zanda (who is more in line with her BPQ counterpart), Moses Magnum, and M’Baku (though he’d be on T’Challas side by the end of the game much like his MCU counterpart). I’d personally save Killmonger for a sequel and just build up to his presence much like how the Spider-Man games are building up to Venom.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So let’s say a AAA Black Panther video game is green lit, what should the story be like? And who should be the villains featured? If I were in charge, I’d definitely make Klaw the main villain so that T’Challa can finally pay him back for killing T’Chaka all those years ago. Some other villains I’d have in the game as bosses would be a revamped Baron Macabre with full on Necromancy powers, Solomon Prey, Zanda (who is more in line with her BPQ counterpart), Moses Magnum, and M’Baku (though he’d be on T’Challas side by the end of the game much like his MCU counterpart). I’d personally save Killmonger for a sequel and just build up to his presence much like how the Spider-Man games are building up to Venom.
    Do See Wakanda and Die and let the Skrulls change into other Marvel heroes and villains. Super Skrulls would be the bosses where they can have a combo of powers.

It's lit with spoilers so don't click play if you have not read it yet...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think he would do a bang up job on BP. He plots pretty good and knows how to tell the character's story. I'm reading his Miles and I've read his Black Bolt. He's good.
    His Black Bolt story is one of my favorite arcs of all time
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I would have the story build up to a big battle Against the skrulls to really let Wakanda cut loose. That's what I would want for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    His Black Bolt story is one of my favorite arcs of all time
    I kind of felt like it was too much of an Absorbing Man book at first, but it definitely got better in the second half.

Ahmed on BP would be great. I've liked Black Bolt since War of Kings, Ahmed's BB series made me appreciate him more. That's what good writing does, make a person care about a character they never cared about before.

So video games are all about building up, The one of the reason most superheroes don't get a games because fans don't want to see them at bottom and a perfect example is Hulk and Thor in the Avengers game and fans got annoyed at a little robot hurt them and those characters not feeling powerful. So with that said the perfect set up for Black Panther game is basically the MCU set up Killmonger takes over Black Panther mantle T'challa is strip of the powers and is maybe even left for dead. So that is where the game would start no powers and he isn't king and you have to build back up to that. By mid game you are back to full power and retake the throne from Killmonger and then there is a bigger villain waiting in the wings maybe Skrulls, Maybe Atlantis with Attuma, Maybe Doom, basically someone capable invading Wakanda something like that would work for a game.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-16-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Scrolling across the Marvel spoilers Reddit I saw rumor and it is kind of interesting enough to mention. A person with a supposed "source" says that Feige and Coogler are creating a new original character to be Black Panther. The character is describe as young streetwise funny and intelligent, capable of building tech by stealing scraps from a junk yard. They are some other so called details but I am not going to waste anyone time with it.

So for the most part the rumor comes off as unbelievable to me and that board has ton of misses on the rumor mill. But one thing that does stand out about that made me want to share is that if true this would be the first original character created by Marvel studios for a film. Now that is the part that feels real to me it never crossed my mind because they are options for replacements but it kind makes in this situation Marvel can create a brand new character original character to be Black Panther. It feels like a very MCU like to want push original character unique to the brand and tout that as progress for the studio.

In this thread I know the reaction to this why not recast T'challa but I have to ask any way how do you feel about brand spanking new never seen before character as the Black Panther? Putting aside your obvious want for T'challa to "the Black Panther" and looking at MCU as alternate reality story that happen all time in comics what would it take for new character to win you over?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So for the most part the rumor comes off as unbelievable to me and that board has ton of misses on the rumor mill. But one thing that does stand out about that made me want to share is that if true this would be the first original character created by Marvel studios for a film.
    That's only true in the loosest sense. When you get down to it, many of the characters in the MCU (especially among the supporting cast) resemble their comics antecedents only vaguely. Hawkeye & the Scarlet Witch leap to mind, for example. You could even make the case for Captain Marvel being a new character.

As for the rumor... seriously, stop thinking about them. It just confuses things.

(And that's basically Riri Williams, anyway)

I’m calling bullshit on all rumors. Under normal circumstances I’d say they’d make Shuri the new BP but even that’s doubtful ever since Letitia Wright went on that anti vaccine tirade back in December. Though to her credit, she was smart enough to get off of social media before she dug a hole for herself that she couldn’t get out of (ex: Gina Carano).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"